Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Party System.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Keep or Change Back/Re-make.
Change Back/Re-make! <3
Party System. - Page 3 Vote_lcap80%Party System. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 80% [ 12 ]
Keep the current one.
Party System. - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Party System. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Party System. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:11 am

That's the thing, you can't force the game to be about gangs. It's not looking like that right now and it hasn't lately lol. Gangs are boring. Why should I have to have a gang tag to pk?
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:15 am

Booger wrote:
That's the thing, you can't force the game to be about gangs. It's not looking like that right now and it hasn't lately lol. Gangs are boring. Why should I have to have a gang tag to pk?

Nobody is forcing the game to be about gangs but it's the main part of era. Without gangs, era wouldn't be era. Shocked

Take away your champions out of league of legends, you won't have league of legends.

Just how it is.

Please tell me why gangs are boring and party's aren't? You'll probably find that era can be very boring altogether.

You don't need to be in a gang to pk? Go pk in the streets,spar or join events, what's the problem?

Or you can still go be an idiot and pk in bases without a gang tag. Party systems where only for quests.
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:18 am

Then more quests please haha. I don't like being in gangs everyone just bitches at each other and goes full retard. The only pking that goes on is in gang bases and you can't hurt people in gang bases unless you have a gang tag.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:22 am

You're right. I would love to see more quests. Actually what i would like to see is.

4-5 different quests but every week they rotate to a different one for different prizes/objectives. Just so you aren't bored of playing the same one.
Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 5:23 am

I don't see why we still keep arguing?

It worked before. And it will work now.

People had FUN, people were raiding with their Party's. And much much more.

I don't see the negative about this?

"Party's were made for Quests."

So what. They were used differently by the players. We want fun, we want the system back. I don't see why.

Enough with the bullshit reasons like, "It wont work." "Partys were made for quests".

We know what we want, we know what we think is fun for us, we know that it works because we have seen it and been with it for years.

This is so stupid. elephant
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 5:37 am

Pro wrote:

So what. They were used differently by the players. We want fun, we want the system back. I don't see why.

Enough with the bullshit reasons like, "It wont work." "Partys were made for quests".

We know what we want, we know what we think is fun for us, we know that it works because we have seen it and been with it for years.

Nobody is arguing, it's called debating which is what forums is for. Secondly, people where raiding with their party tags? Certainly wasn't party bases. It was gang bases they raided and it's annoying as hell. Don't you get it?

When the party system was there, you guys never used it. WHY do you want it back so much now. It was never used in the way they would have liked it. If you want to raid, what the hell... join a gang?? Or if you want a party, make one with the current system? Who cares what it's called.

You just nailed it. ''been with it for years''. This is why you want it back, you guys look at it like it's been on era and we need it''. Wrong, there needs to be change and you guys need to accept that. Party system wasn't used dude. When it's back, it'll be used for a week or 2 then back to square one.

Honestly, i couldn't care about party tags as it's a dumb system in my opinion but if it ever does get put back in place, other things need to change.

- Can't enter gang bases with party tag (Just party bases)
- Can't damage gang players on gmap with party tag on (so you guys can't lame outside bases)
- Doesn't show in profiles (Looks dumb)

Apart from that, then i don't care.

Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 5:39 am

A lot of your arguments can be made for gangs too koho. You think it's about gangs because gangs have been there forever. They're unnecessary and pretty lame in my opinion. No pking goes on outside of them.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 5:46 am

Booger wrote:
A lot of your arguments can be made for gangs too koho. You think it's about gangs because gangs have been there forever. They're unnecessary and pretty lame in my opinion. No pking goes on outside of them.

If I'm correct, gangs where part of eras plan when the server as made. Party's weren't. It goes back to my statement like i said about league of legends. What goes on in that game was part of the plans before it was made, so why would they change it or take it out? Then you would have no more league of legends.

I honestly cannot believe you just said it's unnecessary and lame to have gangs on era. Are you serious with this statement? You cannot be serious dude. I seriously hope to god you never get a management role in era, you'd be the death of the game Laughing

Who said pking needs to happen on the outside of them? It's raiding in bases, not outside? However, i disagree as alot of gang pking happens outside. I've been there and pked outside of bases many times.

Take away gangs and you'll lose 80% of the playercount, i gurantee it. Who would play? for what reason?

Gangs is a huge part of era and it's very much part of the server, this is why it's era.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:05 am

True, but at the same time players(customers) are asking for something and the staff really hasn't come up with a good reason. All I'm getting is that it's annoying to raid when a party is in there. Not a huge deal really. Make something that gives gang players points for killing party members and you're golden.
Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:07 am

GF KoHo wrote:
Pro wrote:

Nobody is arguing, it's called debating which is what forums is for. Secondly, people where raiding with their party tags? Certainly wasn't party bases. It was gang bases they raided and it's annoying as hell. Don't you get it?

When the party system was there, you guys never used it. WHY do you want it back so much now. It was never used in the way they would have liked it. If you want to raid, what the hell... join a gang?? Or if you want a party, make one with the current system? Who cares what it's called.

You just nailed it. ''been with it for years''. This is why you want it back, you guys look at it like it's been on era and we need it''. Wrong, there needs to be change and you guys need to accept that. Party system wasn't used dude. When it's back, it'll be used for a week or 2 then back to square one.

Honestly, i couldn't care about party tags as it's a dumb system in my opinion but if it ever does get put back in place, other things need to change.

- Can't enter gang bases with party tag (Just party bases)
- Can't damage gang players on gmap with party tag on (so you guys can't lame outside bases)
- Doesn't show in profiles (Looks dumb)

Apart from that, then i don't care.

Yes we used it, lots of people used it. Everyone who weren't good enough for a gang, or just being tired of being in a serious boring tryhard crew with all these rules and what not, were in a Party and raiding.

Why was it annoying? So what you are saying, if you were Los Carteles for example, when Black Holst came to raid you guys, it weren't annoying. But when a Party showed up to raid and try to take over the base, it was annoying. Well KoHo, that sounds pretty stupid to me. Whats the difference to you?

You do realize Gang's not everything, and not for everyone. And some people are just not to good to join Gang's. Hence why the old Party System was a success. They could start their own little crew, name it whatever they felt like & just have fun raiding the real gangs, trying to beat them up!

I remember seeing lots of "noobs" sending out mass msgs about their Party's. Recruiting members, holding tryouts. It brought FUN to EVERYONE and not just the "Gang people. It was a success, and it would be a success if put back again.

So here would be the list of command's/what we should be able to do.

/partyform 'Party Name' - creates a Party.
/partypassword 'password' - puts a password on.
/partyjoin 'Party Name' - joins a party.
/partykick 'Account name' - kicks the player out of the party.
/giveparty 'Account name' - makes the player the leader of the party.
/leaveparty - leaves the party.

- Being able to raid in real gang bases. (Deal damage etc)

- A little scoreboard for the Top 5(?) Party's. Kills/Deaths etc.

And if you would like to expand it, something nice to see would be..

- Party Points and a Party Shop.

With Party Points we should be able to upgrade our Party.
Let's say we only can have 5 members in a Party at start.

But with Party Points we can expand this. Purchase more member slots.

- How do we get Party Points? Simply killing other players on Party Tag.

We still won't be working as a Gang since, we won't have our own bases.
We won't be able to play in the Gang Events.
We won't be able to have our own Gang Gun, etc etc.

~ I can't see any negative about this, and I can't see why ANYONE would be against it. Sometimes you must not only think about yourself, but whats good for Era.

Like I said, not everyone is able to join a Gang.
Not everyone likes the style that a Gang brings.
Not everyone has time for a Gang.
Not everyone is active enough for a Gang.

So, we need to let the rest have fun as well. And this is PERFECT.

Please, consider this very well, I don't see how you not would do this/add this back. I really don't understand why not, I really don't.

Thanks once again, enjoy your friday everyone reading! Elephants rox!

elephant

Update.

Like Booger said, which was a fantastic idea if you think about it.

Why not make it so that gang members get points for killing player members. And perhaps something else as well could be rewarded?

Then it would be a win win.
Party's coming to raid, gangs earning from it.

And we are having fun. I say that would be a win win. elephant
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:25 am

I disagree, i never seen it being used enough. And the point system explains that, you can ask staff for them. It was inactive as hell.

No, if BH raided us it would be fun? Because that's what it is, another gang raiding our base. Which is what happens irl, a gang would raid turf etc etc but i don't see any partys getting together and trying to take gangs turf? doesn't work.

Yes i understand gangs aren't for everyone and not everybody likes them, you don't have to. It doesn't give you a reason for something else. Gangs are a part of era, partys where just an update. Get it?

Like i said, i don't mind if the party system was to come back but only if those restrictions where put on it.

Gang bases are for gangs
Party bases are for party's

edit: I would just like to add, there was a top 5 and prize giving out for party's if I'm correct and still didn't work.
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:38 am

Stop insisting that "you, the paying customers" should get what you want. Until staff gets paid for the work they do, they don't give two shits if you're gold, trial, or classic. They make what they want. They are not paid to create new things for you. Your money does not go to them.

But, as a compromise, what if there was a family system? That would possess more relevance than "parties." I don't feel like ironing out the specifics right now, but that could help you pro-party people while giving something gangs can simultaneously use as well.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:50 am

I don't see why we couldn't have gangs AND parties.
People will use what they think is more fun, and if that happens to be gangs or parties, who cares?

The only problem I've ever seen with parties is people raiding on party tag. And there's an easy fix for that. Disallow parties in gang bases. Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 10:18 am

fiberwire wrote:
I don't see why we couldn't have gangs AND parties.
People will use what they think is more fun, and if that happens to be gangs or parties, who cares?

The only problem I've ever seen with parties is people raiding on party tag. And there's an easy fix for that. Disallow parties in gang bases. Problem solved.

We do have party's though. Mad

Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 3:05 pm

They already have the choice, both are used often.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:00 am

GF KoHo wrote:

Alright, I guess I'll rephrase that:

fiberwire wrote:
I don't see why we couldn't have gangs AND the old party system.

Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:53 pm

fiberwire wrote:
GF KoHo wrote:

Alright, I guess I'll rephrase that:

fiberwire wrote:
I don't see why we couldn't have gangs AND the old party system.

Well blues already made it clear that it's not coming back and the current one is staying. So theirs that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Party System.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3