Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Party System.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Keep or Change Back/Re-make.
Change Back/Re-make! <3
Party System. Vote_lcap80%Party System. Vote_rcap
 80% [ 12 ]
Keep the current one.
Party System. Vote_lcap20%Party System. Vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Pro

Pro

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Party System.   Party System. EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 3:28 am

I am pretty sure that I can't be the only one who is very disappointed with the current Party System?

I'll make a poll, and let people vote.

Should we bring back the old Party System, or keep the current?

With the old Party System we should see features like:

Being able to name your own party.
Being able to add "leaders" who can invite.

Put a password so that people can't randomly join.

Get Party Points.

And a scoreboard for Party's.
(Top 1 Party, Top 2 etc.)

With Party Points we should be able to upgrade our party.

Let's say the maximum capacity of players in a Party is at 8.
With Points, we can upgrade this, to let's say 12, 15, or even 20 players.

Party's should be able to raid & invade Gang Bases, just like Gang's.
Party's should be able to attack/kill other Gang's in Gang Bases.

This will benefit the server. Some might say, this is not what Era "needs".
Well, there is much we don't really need but that has been added.
And I am pretty sure, we actually could need this.

I say you should open up a Poll in Era, since theres not so many players registered here, and you will not get the public opinion about this from here.

I'd really like to thank BlueMelon for the current Party System, it's very nicely done. elephant
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 4:03 am

partys would only take players away from gangs, with the extremely low gang activity the last thing that era needs is people raiding with party tags in the few raids there are
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 5:09 am

If people raid with party tags how does that take away from the gang system? I don't wanna raid with a gang i want to raid with my friends dressed as a bunch of retards screaming over skype. That's at least 1 more person that's raiding and a more active pk/gang system. The high skilled players would probably want to be in a gang anyways because you get more out of it (points for money, gang guns, etc). Nobody is going to put a lot of time into managing a party, that's just stupid lol they'll get lazy and it'll die. The reason people don't raid is because nobody else is, and they're lazy. I don't see how having more people raid is going to hurt the situation and I'm not sure how you fix laziness. afro
Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 6:11 am

Exactly as Booger says. It will only bring MORE activity to raiding, PKing and what not.

You will see many more newbies trying to create their cool "Mafia" theme styled Party. Raiding and having fun.

As Booger says, there will be lots of friends creating Party's to raid and have fun over Skype. Grenades, weapons everything and just go nuts.

Creating this Party System would not make less raids but more.

We will see more raids, more fun and just.. more fun!

We will have the Gang's, and their raidings. BUT, we will also have Party's and them raiding. It will be MORE raids, MORE fun, MORE PK. More activity!

Also, bringing back the old Bases would not hurt. The new ones are good if Era had like 50~ players raiding. But we don't Sad
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 7:02 am

I do see why people think that parties are annoying when they're raiding but maybe you could make it so people can earn something for party kills?
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 8:06 am

There are a few reasons the old party system is a flawed concept in today's Era.

If you want to raid with your friends in silly outfits, uniforms, whatever, you can still do that; join a gang with your friends. You can still skype with them during the raid and all that. Raiding as a party, as it stands right now, gives nothing to the gang member killing you. It takes away from the competition between gangs of a raid.

In terms of parties naming themselves and having unique themes, it's a cool idea, but that's basically what Alf's gang system was. More people will want to make their own unique parties to raid with their friends, etc, etc, and then it will be impossible to raid. If you recall, the biggest flaw with Alf's system was that there were so many gangs with 15 person caps that there were never enough people on in a gang to raid. In a more populated server, this type of system would thrive and have some pretty cool leaderboards/competition. In our toilet of a server, it sucks.

Gang members simply won't raid with parties unless there is a significant benefit to it. If you haven't noticed, people really don't care to PK unless there is a reward. Putting more emphasis on parties becoming unique entities of players that can raid will undermine the gang system. Additionally, trying to start a pickup party raid will be remotely impossible. It'd be comparable to just PKing outside of unstick me; 5 people involved tops. If you want to raid with friends, just join a gang. The theme aspect is hardly enforced in any of them anyway.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 8:10 am

I personally don't like being in gangs because you have to maintain a certain point gain every week, everyone's a tryhard, and everyone is dickhard to kill you and just run/heal/lame/etc. If I feed kills in a gang I'm bad and I feel bad, so yeah.

Seems like the only thing you need to do to fix this is just to make party kills worth something or gang vs party kills worth something.
Back to top Go down
WillaDiaz
Committed Forum Member
WillaDiaz

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:27 pm

If only party kills counted towards your gang points, main reason why I tried my best to avoid party pkers in base raids.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 1:45 pm

WillaDiaz wrote:
If only party kills counted towards your gang points, main reason why I tried my best to avoid party pkers in base raids.

If this was remedied then there would be no problem.
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:27 am

I don't think that gangs and parties can coexist. Especially with the current gangs all pushing extreme forced activity and whatnot, and the forcing of gang members to be on tag at all times with that nifty system they introduced.

If you start allowing people the ability to make their own parties, it's gonna cause loyalty issues. If you're part of the Donut Battalion and BB, and they're both telling you to tag up or you get fired..bad times.

Also, wouldn't it take allll the effort out of gangs? The threat 'get kills, better yourself or you're out' seems a lot more hollow when someone can go ok well I made my own party so cya

Soo yeah..don't think both would work out. Now, if you wanted to replace gangs with the party system, that would work.
But let's not be crazy here
Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 8:32 am

I think you have gotten it all wrong.

Shouldn't the Game be about FUN?

If most, almost all players wants the "old" Party System back, because it brings more fun to the game and what not, should it not be added back?

You try to force on people to join gangs / have gang activity.

You are thinking in the wrong circle.

Don't force us into what you think is fun, or good for Era.

If you instead focus on looking what the majority wants and from there think about the suggestions and perhaps add a few, such as brining back the old Party System with maybe some new features - Now, that would probably give us more fun on Era, more players and more active raids etc.

I don't know perhaps this is just my opinion?

Anyways, ELEPHANTS RULES elephant
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 10:01 am

Pro wrote:

Don't force us into what you think is fun, or good for Era.

Where is he forcing you to think differently? He's simply just stating what he thinks O_O
Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 10:21 am

By making no others than Gang's able to PK inside bases is for a starter, forcing us.

By changing the Party System to what it is now, is a bit forcing.

What I really mean is, you focus to much trying to do this and that for the Gang's, instead of really seeing what everyone wants.

Active raids, raids raids raids etc. But I believe by only letting "real" Gang's raid, there wont be much raids as you can see.

Bring back the old Party System, perhaps with more script's to it to make it even better, bring back the old gang bases perhaps also with a few more script's. (Able to shutdown the electricity was a cool idea, can do some sneaky navy seal raids lol)

And I believe the activity of Raids/PKing etc and having fun will increase lots.

I say make a official Poll on Era and see what the people would think about this.

Listening to the Players and see what they want is a very good call for Era.

Already 9 out of 12 people on here wants to change it back / edit the current one. Doesn't that say anything? elephant
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 11:23 am

I'm pretty sure he wasn't attacking Scoper he was just talking about it in general. When the original party system was deleted the staff kind of said "ERA DONT KNOW WHATS GUD FOR IT SO WE TOOK OUT MAKIN NEW ONE" for basically no reason. You can dig into the archives of this forum if you want. The game is so shitty and so small, why not let the players decide? Worst that could happen is that you just make a backup of how it is now then reboot if it catastrophically fails.
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 12:56 am

You're basically asking for Alf's system to be implemented again. Anyone could start a gang. It was basically just parties in a gang system. No one raided. It doesn't work on a game with this low of a playercount. You would have 10 people that wanted to raid, but they were in 6 different gangs (parties). Eventually, everyone flocked into 3 gangs (Dark Dynasty, X-Faction, Syndicate) and those would be the only 3 gangs that would raid. Thus, the revert back to this gang system.
Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:46 am

bennyburrito wrote:
You're basically asking for Alf's system to be implemented again. Anyone could start a gang. It was basically just parties in a gang system. No one raided. It doesn't work on a game with this low of a playercount. You would have 10 people that wanted to raid, but they were in 6 different gangs (parties). Eventually, everyone flocked into 3 gangs (Dark Dynasty, X-Faction, Syndicate) and those would be the only 3 gangs that would raid. Thus, the revert back to this gang system.

No I am not?! Stop putting words in my mouth.

I am asking for the old PARTY SYSTEM.

Black Holst, Morano Family, Blazian Bandits, and whatever the last gang is should stay as gang's.

But people should be able... WOW, Why am I explaining this again? If you read what we are talking about you should know that it's not Alf's GANG system, but the old Party System which Era had for a looong time and worked really good.

What you are talking about is something completely different.

And as you can see, it looks like the majority of players do want this. And what do you think would gain most activity? Listening to the players choice and do something similar to what they want, or not. Right? elephant
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:52 am

I kind of like the idea of listening to the players AKA paying customers.
elephant
Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:57 am

Laughing

But yeah, I don't mean everything a player wants should be added.

But if like, 80% of Era's population or more wants something added/changed whatever, and has a idea for it that WOULD work, (just need to not be afraid to try it) - I think it should be a must to do so flower

elephant
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:15 am

I am going to take quotations from your original post and show you where I see the strong similarities. Please clarify where necessary.

Pro wrote:

Should we bring back the old Party System, or keep the current?

With the old Party System we should see features like:

Being able to name your own party.
Being able to add "leaders" who can invite.

So a system. With leaders. That recruit players. With a unique name for this party. Okay. Could definitely still work as a party, like the old system did.

Pro wrote:

Put a password so that people can't randomly join.
Okay. Still old party system. Cool beans.

Pro wrote:

Get Party Points.

Okay. Here's where you get issues. If you're getting points by killing people, then you're becoming a gang entity. Plain and simple. I will say, however, if you get party points via PvE events (quests n such), then this could be a really cool idea. But I don't think that's what you mean.

Pro wrote:

And a scoreboard for Party's.
(Top 1 Party, Top 2 etc.)

Like the scoreboard we have for gangs?

Pro wrote:

With Party Points we should be able to upgrade our party.

Like the current gang point shop.

Pro wrote:

Let's say the maximum capacity of players in a Party is at 8.
With Points, we can upgrade this, to let's say 12, 15, or even 20 players.

Like gangs already have.

Pro wrote:

Party's should be able to raid & invade Gang Bases, just like Gang's.
Party's should be able to attack/kill other Gang's in Gang Bases.

So parties act like the current gangs in bases.

Do you kinda see what I'm getting at? What it looks like (to me), is that you just want the ability to create your own gang. But it's not a gang; it's a party. A party that acts like a gang, accumulates points like a gang, upgrades itself with those points like a gang, raids like a gang.... but is not a gang. Which is where I draw the similarity to Alf's system.

If there is something I'm completely missing, and I probably am since you seem pissed that I'm apparently oblivious to it, please let me know. But being in a party like this, while being in a gang, will have a definite conflict of loyalty and the system will fail.
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:31 am

Actually fine. I think I get it. So you'd be like a group of 5 people that just raid when you feel like it. You would take away from the gang competition aspect, but if I'm getting solid substenance from killing you when you're inturrupting a competitive raid, I'll feel better about it.
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:33 am

bennyburrito wrote:
Actually fine. I think I get it. So you'd be like a group of 5 people that just raid when you feel like it. You would take away from the gang competition aspect, but if I'm getting solid substenance from killing you when you're inturrupting a competitive raid, I'll feel better about it.

Make it happen.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:33 am

It's because of your whole gang entitity thing. It used to be that parties could have a top party scoreboard (it was next to the spar) and at the same time if the players want this party system what's the problem with it? Is it not the staff's job to cater to the desires of the paying customers and ones playing the game?

Also, that last post you said Benny is exactly what we've been saying.
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 4:14 am

It would be interesting if you could be a sort of mercenary squad, similar to PPA except you don't need to get paid. You could align with a certain gang that might have fewer members, and then killing you would be just like killing them.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 4:36 am

Temporary parties is the solution. Easy to start/create a part, easy to invite, basic controls, etc.
Play with your friends, do quests, PK... the whole point of a creating a party.
Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:03 am

BlueMelon wrote:
Temporary parties is the solution. Easy to start/create a part, easy to invite, basic controls, etc.
Play with your friends, do quests, PK... the whole point of a creating a party.

No, it's not. Can't you realize that? affraid

9 out of 12 has Voted for changing back~. Sure it's not that many players, but please, make a poll on Era and let the players decide what the SOLUTION is.

We want the old system back, perhaps with some more features to make it even better.

Like it was before. I sure remember all these party's and how much fun everyone had. And the Gang's were STILL raiding and doing their thing. It doesn't really effect the Gang's.

If it would effect the Gang's why wouldn't the current one do it?

elephant
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Party System. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. Empty

Back to top Go down

Party System.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Era Forum  :: Era Discussion :: Suggestions-