Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Party System.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Keep or Change Back/Re-make.
Change Back/Re-make! <3
Party System. - Page 2 Vote_lcap80%Party System. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 80% [ 12 ]
Keep the current one.
Party System. - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Party System. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Party System. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:28 am

BlueMelon wrote:
Temporary parties is the solution. Easy to start/create a part, easy to invite, basic controls, etc.
Play with your friends, do quests, PK... the whole point of a creating a party.

Fusing the 2 party systems could be a solution.
Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:16 am

Was just going to have some fun with my friends on Skype.

We created a party and and all that, saw there were raids going on at Blazian Base.. We ran there..

How am I not surprised? We can't deal damage to other Gang Members..

This is just hilarious... Mad Rolling Eyes

I am sure this will lead to more raid activity!
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:39 am

Pro wrote:
Was just going to have some fun with my friends on Skype.

We created a party and and all that, saw there were raids going on at Blazian Base.. We ran there..

How am I not surprised? We can't deal damage to other Gang Members..

This is just hilarious... Mad Rolling Eyes

I am sure this will lead to more raid activity!

Then the real debate here is if people not on gang tag can hurt people in gang bases.
Poll is up
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:44 am

BlueMelon wrote:
Temporary parties is the solution. Easy to start/create a part, easy to invite, basic controls, etc.

The current party system doesn't address any of their main complaints about being more like gangs.

BlueMelon wrote:

Then the real debate here is if people not on gang tag can hurt people in gang bases.
Poll is up

The real real debate is about the party system
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:19 am

The reason you can't hurt people in gang bases unless you're on gang tag is because gang members complained about that happening and then people like Will said "Era is only about gangs, not parties so let's shaft parties and make the game all about gangs. This will improve gang raids and stuff because we won't have more people pking"
Look what happened.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Booger wrote:
BlueMelon wrote:

Fusing the 2 party systems could be a solution.

What from the old party system would need to be combined with the new?
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:42 pm

Add a functionality where:

When you click start a party with another player, it opens a line of text to enter a party name, so players can name them whatever they want.

Other than choosing names, I don't think anything else needs to be changed. We don't need any lasting guilds on Era other than the set Gangs. None of the other guild money or recorded kills crap ever mattered anyway, parties were just for screwing around with your friends without having to get into a gang, since then Gangs were quite exclusive.

Now that isn't really an issue. So yeah.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Pro

Pro

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:38 am

Rogue wrote:
Add a functionality where:

When you click start a party with another player, it opens a line of text to enter a party name, so players can name them whatever they want.

Other than choosing names, I don't think anything else needs to be changed. We don't need any lasting guilds on Era other than the set Gangs. None of the other guild money or recorded kills crap ever mattered anyway, parties were just for screwing around with your friends without having to get into a gang, since then Gangs were quite exclusive.

Now that isn't really an issue. So yeah.

It did matter and it still does. It made people more active, it made people to like raiding more.

If there would be a Party Leader Score thing like we used to have, next to Spar or wherever it was, it makes people want to get to the top. It gives more raids, more fun and activity.

I don't see how this can be bad. It would only benefit everyone.

Perhaps not the boring serious tryhards in the Gang's but so what, they will just gain more competition.

I don't know how people can see this as a bad thing. It doesn't ruin anything it only makes it better for those who may not be good enough for Gang's, or simply just don't like the tryhard style of it.

Let the players have fun, ALL players and not just those who is in Gang's.

You want new players to stay, I say if they could manage their own little crew (Party) and just have fun and play with their friends, recruit other newbies, that is one reason to stay and have fun.

Instead of standing at unstick me, "PLS CAN I JOIN BB" - No you can't.
"PLS CAN I JOIN LC" - No.

There is nothing to do for the other players that's not with a gang. They can't raid, they can't have fun. Era Mafia exists sure, but since this new Party System came it has been dead.

Na, you really need to do something here for EVERYONE. And I think the old Party System with a few changes and adds would be a huge success.

And perhaps you don't? Well, why not try it for a couple of weeks? See how it goes? What can we loose? Nothing really.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:12 am

Reverting back to old will produce the same result, gang activity will decline, people will get bored, etc. It was removed and replaced for a reason. Putting it back will simply produce the same result.
Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:19 am

BlueMelon wrote:
Reverting back to old will produce the same result, gang activity will decline, people will get bored, etc. It was removed and replaced for a reason. Putting it back will simply produce the same result.

"gang activity will decline"

Gang Activity will decline. Please tell me how this would effect the Gang's?

Those who are in the Gangs right now, probably wants to be in a Gang.
And not a Party. I don't think anyone would leave their Gang for a Party.
So how will this decrease the Gang activity?

And if they do leave their Gang for a Party. Is that not their choice?
Then it would be obvious that the Old Party system truly works. Seeing that its even funnier to use that, rather than being in a Gang.

But, I think gang activity will increase. Since, there probably always won't be a Gang raiding their base, but I am sure a Party will. If they are bored, why not fight the Party for their base? It's fun. Fun is what the game is about.

So, please tell me again how the activity would result in a decrease and not an increase.

"people will get bored"

People will get bored. Haha, you are a funny man.

The only ones who seems to have a little bit of fun right now, are those who Raid. And the only ones who can Raid is the Gang's. And even they don't do it THAT much.

As you might have noticed, not everyone on the server is able to join a Gang and have fun. Hence why we need the new Party System.

There is more people not in a Gang than in a Gang. And I think we need to focus there, and not on the Gangs itself.

We are bored now. And I believe that the Party System (old) will be a HUGE help to everyone. Even those in the Gangs.

People won't be bored, matter of fact, its the opposite to bored that we will achieve by bringing back the old Party System.

study

And why won't you give it a shot?

Try it out for like two weeks? And you shall see the difference!

I promise you that.

elephant
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Era already gave it a shot, it lasted pretty damn long too. The old party system will not be brought back unfortunately. (Unless a surprising turn of events arise)

Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:26 pm

BlueMelon wrote:
Era already gave it a shot, it lasted pretty damn long too. The old party system will not be brought back unfortunately. (Unless a surprising turn of events arise)

.....A surprising turn of events will arise like hell. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 1:33 pm

Put back Era Police and its recruiter. Everyone can be in a gang. cheers
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 2:46 pm

I don't want to be in a gang. Add a hybrid of the 2 systems. Adding back all the /commands that we had would be a start.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 6:43 am

/partytag
/acceptinvite
/clearinvite
/leaveparty
/startparty
/partyinvite acc
Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:36 am

BlueMelon wrote:
/partytag
/acceptinvite
/clearinvite
/leaveparty
/startparty
/partyinvite acc

/formparty 'party name'
/partypassword 'party password'
/partyinvite 'account name'
/partykick 'account name'
/giveparty 'account name'
/leaveparty

And on top of that, being able to actually raid as a Gang.
And a little house for a scoreboard (Top 5 Party's).

This is all we ask for, this is all we need.
This would be a really success.

I know you said it wouldn't be done, but please, think about it.

Thanks Blue! flower elephant
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:03 am

Pro wrote:
BlueMelon wrote:
/partytag
/acceptinvite
/clearinvite
/leaveparty
/startparty
/partyinvite acc

/formparty 'party name'
/partypassword 'party password'
/partyinvite 'account name'
/partykick 'account name'
/giveparty 'account name'
/leaveparty

And on top of that, being able to actually raid as a Gang.
And a little house for a scoreboard (Top 5 Party's).

This is all we ask for, this is all we need.
This would be a really success.

I know you said it wouldn't be done, but please, think about it.

Thanks Blue! flower elephant

I second that.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:11 am

Partys in that form have already been introduced to era.
What you want is pretty much the ability to form your own gang, which is not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 12:21 pm

BlueMelon wrote:
Partys in that form have already been introduced to era.
What you want is pretty much the ability to form your own gang, which is not going to happen.

Yes, and it worked perfectly! So much fun, activity & raids!

Form my own gang? No, this is nothing like a gang.

For a starter, we wont have our own gang base, no party will have their own gang base. - Like a Gang has. Expect that we might own Era Mafia at some point, which will be taken over by another Party later on. But yeah, no bases for us.

We will be having Party in our name. (Party Partyname). Which makes it obvious its a Party and not a gang, right?

We will not have Gang Points.

We will not be able to play in the Gang Event's.

Now, how is this my gang/a gang? - It's not. It's a Party.

And it's a Party the way it should be.

I don't see the negative about anything of what I stated in my previous post/s. I don't see whats wrong, or what could go wrong with it. There is seriously nothing bad about it, so I don't get this. The more people wants this.

But you seem to have some kind of pride for the System which you created? And we all think it's very well made. But it doesn't work.

So please swallow your pride and listen to the community! flower

elephant
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 12:42 pm

The current party system works for its purpose.
Why do you think the old one was removed?

Community.. you mean 2 people on a unofficial forum cheers
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 12:45 pm

If you're very sure that the community will agree with you then why not make a poll to actually show they will Blue?
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Honestly why all this debate about a party system? Come on!? Really. My opinion on it is, delete the system altogether. It's useless. It only serves it's purpose on the quests but that's it? Apart from that, what do you guys use them for?

Join a gang and raid, we don't need partys.
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
Pro

Pro

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 11:20 pm

BlueMelon wrote:
The current party system works for its purpose.
Why do you think the old one was removed?

Community.. you mean 2 people on a unofficial forum cheers

No, I mean everyone I have asked on Era which is pretty many.

And I mean 11 people on Era's unofficial forum. (Read the Poll)
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 3:34 am

GF KoHo wrote:
Honestly why all this debate about a party system? Come on!? Really. My opinion on it is, delete the system altogether. It's useless. It only serves it's purpose on the quests but that's it? Apart from that, what do you guys use them for?

Some people don't want to be in a gang. Personally I don't like how in a gang people will yell at me for dicking around and if I pk in a "retarded" way like running around with a wand or p4ing, claymoring, and sleeping gassing every door I'll get kicked or jailed for event disruption (happened before on multiple occasions)

I just like to fuck around and pk in a casual sense, which I can find in a party. Not really anything bad about dying a lot and points and kills aren't the goal. Really it's all about fun, which is why I play video games.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:07 am

Booger wrote:
GF KoHo wrote:

Some people don't want to be in a gang. Personally I don't like how in a gang people will yell at me for dicking around and if I pk in a "retarded" way like running around with a wand or p4ing, claymoring, and sleeping gassing every door I'll get kicked or jailed for event disruption (happened before on multiple occasions)

I just like to fuck around and pk in a casual sense, which I can find in a party. Not really anything bad about dying a lot and points and kills aren't the goal. Really it's all about fun, which is why I play video games.

I understand that but what you have to realise is the focus is on gangs, not partys. This server is about gangs and pking and what not. If you don't want to be in a gang and raid then why even play era.

I don't see what's so hard about having a gang tag on and dicking around and pking and having fun.... If you want to dick around without a tag then stay away from gang bases and go pk in the streets. You just ruin the fun for gang raiding.

Also, why do you need a party tag to pk? O.o I have to laugh because when the old party system was out, that wasn't even used. When it goes missing everybody suddenly wants it back. Can never win.

Honestly, i want it where if you aren't on a gang tag you cannot enter gang bases period.

You guys need to accept the fact that party tags are useless and won't be changed back to the old system. It should be removed altogether but that's just my opinion.

Join a gang and raid.
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Party System.   Party System. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Party System.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next