Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bounty System

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Bounty System Empty
PostSubject: Bounty System   Bounty System EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 4:26 pm

The bounty system is kind of a joke these days. I feel like it has a lot of potential, and that it just needs to be updated to fulfill that potential.

I suggested this a while back when Alf was still manager, but maybe I'll try pitching it again Razz

---------------------------------------------------

3 New Bounty Types

New bounty types don't need to be accepted for them to be taken from players.
The first person to kill someone with a new type of bounty will get the bounty.
(these would be IN ADDITION to the current bounty system.)

Chain Bounties:
Every $100 earned from PKing puts a $500 chain bounty on your head (denoted by a skull with chains on it). whoever kills you gets the $500, and the bounty jumps to them for $400, and then $300 and so on. Each time a chain bounty is taken, it jumps to the bounty hunter for $100 less until it drops to $0 and disappears.

If you spend more than 15 minutes in a PK zone without being killed, you receive your own bounty, it drops down $100, and the timer resets. (repeats until it disappears.)

Gang Bounties:
Every 25 gang points you get, a $1000 bounty is put on your head (denoted by a red skull). If an opposing gang member (meaning a gang tag is required) kills you, the $1000 is split between everyone on tag in their gang.

if you spend more than 5 minutes on tag in a pk zone, the bounty is shared between your gang members on tag.

Juggernaut Bounties:
Every 30 minutes, a $1000 bounty is put on a random player's head (denoted by a black skull). (Only selects players that are in PK zones.) Whoever has the bounty on them gains regenerating armor (up to 25 armor max) and receives 5x the amount of money they would normally get for kills.

If you spend 10 minutes in a PK zone without dying, the bounty goes away. You don't receive anything besides the money you got from PKing.

-----------------------------
in addition to the aforementioned ways of getting these bounties, people can buy Chain Bounties that can jump 3, 5, or 7 times, depending on how much is paid for them.
3 jumps = $600
5 jumps = $1500
7 jumps = $2800

People can also buy Juggernaut Bounties, but may only place them on themselves, and they cost $1000.

-----------------------------

Targeted Bounties (i.e. the current bounty system) would still be the only bounties to count towards the weekly health bonus and still would require bounty hunters to accept them before killing the target.

Other bounties could grant other weekly buffs to the top bounty hunter as well.

I think the PPA arrow would be a good addition to the bounty system, so you could follow it to your target.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Bounty System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty System   Bounty System EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 10:20 pm

Very nice idea, I feel too much money will be farmed if you get 500$ for killing someone who got what, 5, 6 kills?
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Bounty System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty System   Bounty System EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:35 am

The_Federov wrote:
Very nice idea, I feel too much money will be farmed if you get 500$ for killing someone who got what, 5, 6 kills?

Well I thought of it before the drop money was raised, so I guess it could be doubled or tripled XD the main thing is the new bounty types, not the money values, cause those could be changed easily to balance them.
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Bounty System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty System   Bounty System EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:42 am

i think that the bounty system is useless...i just hate the fact that ppl heal 20 and get extra 10hp for stealing bounties from their friends
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bounty System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bounty System   Bounty System Empty

Back to top Go down

Bounty System

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1