Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Business Updates Needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Business Updates Needed Empty
PostSubject: Business Updates Needed   Business Updates Needed EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:29 am

Yeah so the business system that Alfonso worked on as far as stocks and lead etc needs to be implemented. This new GUI system is great but it doesn't completely work and there are plenty of things Alf tried to do but never finished.

Make it so the stock boxes are directly tied to the bins. This way, people wont boost minerals or steal from business owners. The only reason people will put lead in the bin is because they mined it. This also makes it so Managers and Supervisors aren't as needed except to keep workers from breaking rules, being dumb, etc.

Take off these stupid hard limits. I add a shitload of minerals to my bins when I get bored so that I don't have to pay my miners for a while. There is no rule in the Owner's contract that says that the bins have limits. 500 Iron and 2000 lead is just smart because that's all you really need. Iron is barely used and I've never run out of lead.

Fix the GUI made by Tim that shows the memberlist and all their shit so that the "Stocks" button actually works. It's there for a reason right? If you don't want to fix it, remove it.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Business Updates Needed   Business Updates Needed EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:29 am

To my knowledge, Tim added a computer in the stock (and mineral room, for those 3 biz), these should work when you use the 'Stocks' option in each respective room, and display the stocks or minerals of the player.

I also agree with the hard limits on the Mineral Bins, they never had them, the ones in place were more of guidelines, but it was always good to overstock the bins if you plan on being inactive for awhile or want to mine yourself and keep your miners off the payroll for a little while. Although you could go around this and just not hire many miners, and keep the excess minerals in your office to throw in the bins when they're low.

I think it would be nice if the owners could set variables in their business for the pay, and then automatically get (it tells you the $ they earned) or give (automatically takes the money from the safe and gives to them... might be difficult) paychecks rather than recording all the stocks and doing the math. Cause last I checked for the gun shops it could take an hour or so to record all that stuff into an excel and do all the pay.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Business Updates Needed   Business Updates Needed EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 4:19 am

SpongeBob RoundPants wrote:
To my knowledge, Tim added a computer in the stock (and mineral room, for those 3 biz), these should work when you use the 'Stocks' option in each respective room, and display the stocks or minerals of the player.

I also agree with the hard limits on the Mineral Bins, they never had them, the ones in place were more of guidelines, but it was always good to overstock the bins if you plan on being inactive for awhile or want to mine yourself and keep your miners off the payroll for a little while. Although you could go around this and just not hire many miners, and keep the excess minerals in your office to throw in the bins when they're low.

I think it would be nice if the owners could set variables in their business for the pay, and then automatically get (it tells you the $ they earned) or give (automatically takes the money from the safe and gives to them... might be difficult) paychecks rather than recording all the stocks and doing the math. Cause last I checked for the gun shops it could take an hour or so to record all that stuff into an excel and do all the pay.

I own ammo mart I know how the computers work. The stocks function doesn't work. I agree with the second paragraph and pay isn't that hard to do if you have MS Excel. Takes me maybe an hour to do everything if I had 50 people on payroll. Honestly, it's fucking easy.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Business Updates Needed   Business Updates Needed EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:11 am

Booger Scelus wrote:
I own ammo mart I know how the computers work. The stocks function doesn't work. I agree with the second paragraph and pay isn't that hard to do if you have MS Excel. Takes me maybe an hour to do everything if I had 50 people on payroll. Honestly, it's fucking easy.

The computers in GP work for it, that's where Tim tested the fix then said 'Ok, now I'm gonna add it to the other shops'. Based on your response, I assume he never did.

And that's exactly what I said about payroll :3. Using Excel with some pre-made tables and calculations, it takes about hour. But wouldn't it be easier if you just press a button that says 'Pay Employees' and it does it all for you with calculations based on pay variables you can set (X per stock, Y per mineral * pX player stocks, pY player minerals).
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Business Updates Needed   Business Updates Needed EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:31 am

But wouldn't it be easier if you just press a button that says 'Pay Employees' and it does it all for you with calculations based on pay variables you can set (X per stock, Y per mineral * pX player stocks, pY player minerals).

That would make owning a business way too easy. But I guess since people can buy businesses now it should be easy and people shouldn't earn it by merit or hard work.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Business Updates Needed   Business Updates Needed EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:19 am

Booger Scelus wrote:
That would make owning a business way too easy. But I guess since people can buy businesses now it should be easy and people shouldn't earn it by merit or hard work.

Like it already isn't a cakewalk? Owners hire a Co-Owner to do everything for them anyway, just like Jess was saying in a diff thread about Asst. Admins.

Doing it automatically would remove the room for error, allow owners to change their pay-scales instantly without changing intercoms and informing all the employees. But to be honest, it shouldn't take you an hour of :checkstocks and :checkminerals through a list of 30-50 people in the first place, that's just a waste of time when it would be simple to at least do the first option and just add a formula to check ':paycheck ____' and sit at the atm doing them all in 5-10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Business Updates Needed   Business Updates Needed EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 9:32 am

Booger Scelus wrote:

Like it already isn't a cakewalk? Owners hire a Co-Owner to do everything for them anyway, just like Jess was saying in a diff thread about Asst. Admins.

Doing it automatically would remove the room for error, allow owners to change their pay-scales instantly without changing intercoms and informing all the employees. But to be honest, it shouldn't take you an hour of :checkstocks and :checkminerals through a list of 30-50 people in the first place, that's just a waste of time when it would be simple to at least do the first option and just add a formula to check ':paycheck ____' and sit at the atm doing them all in 5-10 minutes.

True true it would be incredibly easy this way. Even though the concept of $2 a stock and $7 a mineral is already flawless (No need to change these it gives the owner plenty of profit and the employees remain happy) possibly the idea of a bonus generator. As in, if someone contributes more than 1k stocks they get an extra $.5 per stock after the 1k and something similar for minerals. Think that could work?
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Business Updates Needed   Business Updates Needed EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:54 am

I am currently contemplating a large business update. This wouldn't take effect until after the gang system is complete; that is my main focus now. And businesses just got a sexy gui and easier implementation of its system, so it can wait a little while.

In regards to AM's stock computer command not working, I remember asking Tim about this when I was still in charge of GP and helping him test his shit. He said you guys had it functional. If that's not the case... I'll bring it up to him or he'll see this post or whatever. It's probably a quick fix. Or, fuck, I can even try and get it to work, but I'm kind of retarded.

Anyway, I'm currently chatting with Zach right now on how to implement a much more open business scheme. This scheme would be like splicing the current gang system with the newly coming gang point system. In a sense, anyone can make their own business for a price, buy licenses to build certain guns, buy schematics for the guns, buy store fronts, sell things for their personal-set prices, etc. I think this would be a good supplement to the mall, where players already have these built items and sell them for a cheaper value (think craigslist...but Era!) I dunno. I just started thinking about this stuff. I'm open to suggestions, and I haven't really given these idears much time yet.
Back to top Go down
Sinkler

Sinkler

PostSubject: Re: Business Updates Needed   Business Updates Needed EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 2:36 pm

bennyburrito wrote:
something silly

No
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Business Updates Needed   Business Updates Needed EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 2:51 pm

Sinkler wrote:
bennyburrito wrote:
something silly

No

See if we had the thumbs down shit I wouldn't have to hit reply right now.

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sinkler

Sinkler

PostSubject: Re: Business Updates Needed   Business Updates Needed EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 2:57 pm

Sinkler wrote:
bennyburrito wrote:
something silly

No

See if we had the thumbs down shit I wouldn't have to hit reply right now.

Evil or Very Mad

Smile
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Business Updates Needed   Business Updates Needed EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 1:31 pm

bennyburrito wrote:

Anyway, I'm currently chatting with Zach right now on how to implement a much more open business scheme. This scheme would be like splicing the current gang system with the newly coming gang point system. In a sense, anyone can make their own business for a price, buy licenses to build certain guns, buy schematics for the guns, buy store fronts, sell things for their personal-set prices, etc. I think this would be a good supplement to the mall, where players already have these built items and sell them for a cheaper value (think craigslist...but Era!) I dunno. I just started thinking about this stuff. I'm open to suggestions, and I haven't really given these ideas much time yet.

Brilliant idea, but Era's economy is not strong enough to support this. So much MORE money would be dropped into the NPC drain and we'd get fucked harder
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Business Updates Needed   Business Updates Needed EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Yeah that's true. Hm. I'll think through a good way to make it work when I'm ready to actually take it seriously. Maybe make it quest related or doing some sort of monotonous thing. It would be kinda cool to quest for a business permit. And Hachi has some cool quest/NPC ideas. If it's a tough enough quest, you might have to participate in it with friends so that all of you are tied to one shop or something. So we don't have 60 new shops on the server. hahaha Just thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Business Updates Needed   Business Updates Needed Empty

Back to top Go down

Business Updates Needed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1