Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mall: Selling items in bulk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

Mall: Selling items in bulk Empty
PostSubject: Mall: Selling items in bulk   Mall: Selling items in bulk EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:52 am

Items worth less than $1 should be able to be sold in bulk. Mainly for throwing knives - they're not worth $1 each, yet that's the lowest they can be sold for. Somebody should add a GUI option where they can be sold together, like 10 for a dollar or something.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Mall: Selling items in bulk   Mall: Selling items in bulk EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:13 am

Tom133t wrote:
Items worth less than $1 should be able to be sold in bulk. Mainly for throwing knives - they're not worth $1 each, yet that's the lowest they can be sold for. Somebody should add a GUI option where they can be sold together, like 10 for a dollar or something.

It would probably be good if it didn't only apply to items worth less than a dollar as well ;P

like giving people bulk deals on LWs for example.
Have a stack in the mall that sell them for 1k each as singles and another one for $800 each if you buy 10 at a time.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Mall: Selling items in bulk   Mall: Selling items in bulk EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:47 am

It was originally set up for one price for all, I ended up updating it to be more like regular shops.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Mall: Selling items in bulk   Mall: Selling items in bulk EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:10 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:
It was originally set up for one price for all, I ended up updating it to be more like regular shops.

Good job. Maybe read his post again? XD
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Mall: Selling items in bulk   Mall: Selling items in bulk EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:38 pm

I read the first sentence. Anyway, I might modify it so you can sell things for less than a $. That way you can do .5 or .25 and what not and it would just re-calculate the total. If that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

PostSubject: Re: Mall: Selling items in bulk   Mall: Selling items in bulk EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:40 pm

I say drop the mall, make a better trade system.
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Mall: Selling items in bulk   Mall: Selling items in bulk EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:40 pm

Or you could have an option to sell x number of items for a dollar.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Mall: Selling items in bulk   Mall: Selling items in bulk EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Not really possible the way I have it set up now. I'd have to erase everyone's mall stand to do this.
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Mall: Selling items in bulk   Mall: Selling items in bulk EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Just close the mall for a few days. It'd be a worthwhile upgrade.
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

PostSubject: Re: Mall: Selling items in bulk   Mall: Selling items in bulk EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:10 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:
Not really possible the way I have it set up now. I'd have to erase everyone's mall stand to do this.

sucks
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Mall: Selling items in bulk   Mall: Selling items in bulk EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:35 am

am I the only one that thinks having mall "stands" as separate rooms takes away from what made the mall awesome back in the day? I feel like the old design was so much better.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

PostSubject: Re: Mall: Selling items in bulk   Mall: Selling items in bulk EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:33 am

Frankie wrote:
am I the only one that thinks having mall "stands" as separate rooms takes away from what made the mall awesome back in the day? I feel like the old design was so much better.
Yeah, it was just a building where you could go through isles seeing all the items. I think a main reason we have a new room for each stand is for space. With the amount of mall stands required right now we would need quite the level.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mall: Selling items in bulk   Mall: Selling items in bulk EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:36 am

The_Federov wrote:
Frankie wrote:
Yeah, it was just a building where you could go through isles seeing all the items. I think a main reason we have a new room for each stand is for space. With the amount of mall stands required right now we would need quite the level.

No, again that's the way Tim has it set up, the way he created it every single stand is required to be a separate level.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

PostSubject: Re: Mall: Selling items in bulk   Mall: Selling items in bulk EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:14 am

The_Federov wrote:

/mall
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Mall: Selling items in bulk   Mall: Selling items in bulk EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:30 am

I don't see a problem with the way it's set up. From what I remember, back in the day, only the front two rows of stands were used (8 out of 17?). I don't even recall seeing all those stands sold out, ever. Keep in mind though, when I was making the mall, I wanted it to have a "business" feel to it. That's why you can let friends in you stand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mall: Selling items in bulk   Mall: Selling items in bulk Empty

Back to top Go down

Mall: Selling items in bulk

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1