Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Player Relations Admin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Player Relations Admin - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 8:33 am

Boog no want help you get job back again.
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 8:36 am

MonkeyBob wrote:
This whole argument is stupid. Seriously. Saying "I pay to play, therefore I should be involved in staff affairs." is like saying "I bought an iPhone, therefore I work for apple." NO.

Well, those two scenarios as not as closely related as they seem.
You, the staff team, do not work for Linux Cyberjouers; not officially at least.

Beyond that, in a world where the staff team is derived from the playerbase, the fine line between staff affairs and player-affairs is not exactly well-defined or solidified. The staff team often mingles its affairs with that of players and vice-versa.

I am not claiming that they have a right to mingle in your affairs by any means, simply stating that its occurrence is not unnatural due to past incidences. Perhaps it'd be wise if you, the staff team now, presented that well-defined line as to distinguish between staff affairs and player-affairs.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:07 pm

Zeross wrote:
MonkeyBob wrote:
This whole argument is stupid. Seriously. Saying "I pay to play, therefore I should be involved in staff affairs." is like saying "I bought an iPhone, therefore I work for apple." NO.

Well, those two scenarios as not as closely related as they seem.
You, the staff team, do not work for Linux Cyberjouers; not officially at least.

Beyond that, in a world where the staff team is derived from the playerbase, the fine line between staff affairs and player-affairs is not exactly well-defined or solidified. The staff team often mingles its affairs with that of players and vice-versa.

I am not claiming that they have a right to mingle in your affairs by any means, simply stating that its occurrence is not unnatural due to past incidences. Perhaps it'd be wise if you, the staff team now, presented that well-defined line as to distinguish between staff affairs and player-affairs.

This is why he's our lawyer.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:51 am

Here is your well-defined line, anyone who has an RC is my business, not yours. If you have an issue with said RC-Staff member, then bring it up with me. Saying things like "he's a tool" and "I don't like him" isn't a good enough reason to be removed.

That being said, this is still a game, and we're here to have fun. Let's not over complicate it.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:06 am

Tim_Rocks wrote:
Here is your well-defined line, anyone who has an RC is my business, not yours. If you have an issue with said RC-Staff member, then bring it up with me. Saying things like "he's a tool" and "I don't like him" isn't a good enough reason to be removed.

That being said, this is still a game, and we're here to have fun. Let's not over complicate it.

Whenever things are brought up with you, at least when I do it, you don't give a shit. I'l give you solid evidence and you could care less because you seem to have this notion that staff is just one million percent better than players. Taking things up with you does NOTHING
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:40 am

You don't ever provide evidence and logs don't show it happening half the time. Like I've said to you several times, screen shots or something believable.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 4:14 am

Tim_Rocks wrote:

I mean, Katbot banned me 30 days no reason... So yeah.
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 4:32 am

Tim_Rocks wrote:

I actually meant by example, xD.
As in, perhaps the Administrative Body should start distancing itself from players for any purpose(s) excess of content development and overall improvement of the game.

I am not saying stop playing era, lol; no. Simply carry over your administrative (proper) behavior over to your player identity. Basically, act like you're staff 24/7, even when not on tag or on duty. Same as a Police Officer cannot do cocaine while off the clock.

The reason being is that it is extremely difficult to acknowledge the line because you have staff members who'll (perhaps this is an exaggeration - but its happened to me a few years back) call you a ****** one minute on player, then ban you from RC if you say "fuck you" in response.

My point:
Staff shouldn't really have the best of both worlds =/.
They shouldn't be able to speak to players/treat players however they want in one instance, then expect players to treat them with reverence and respect in another. Its simply irrational to expect things to work that way.

To solve the issue, perhaps you should create a standard of behavior for the staff team, as would any organization servicing the public. This way, if the staff are acting like staff, the players will have no reason not to treat them like staff.

In this instance, all bans for harassing staff and disrespecting staff members become valid because the staff members can solely fit the definition of "staff" through their conduct.

Again, these are just suggestions based on my observations and experiences.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 4:41 am

Messing around with *staff while raiding. (lolusoez bro)
*Staff disconnects you after you kill them twice.
PM *staff calling them a faggot.
Banned 3 days for harassment.

smh

Just one experience of mine.

Last edited by SpongeBob RoundPants on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 4:44 am

SpongeBob RoundPants wrote:

smh

ha 3 days? I'm sitting on 30 days for calling a staff a bitch!
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:01 am

The_Federov wrote:

smh

No, you're sitting on a 30 day ban for your ridiculous ban and jail history. We've told you this countless times and you still don't seem to understand this? my god.

You also decided to UP your ban litterly a hour later attempting to evade ban.

ONCE AGAIN, WE TOLD YOU THIS MULTIPLE TIMES.

To clarify for you, since you're clearly having a bit of trouble grasping this situation. Just because YOU think its unfair or wasn't right does not mean the ban was for no reason.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:14 am

Jess wrote:
The_Federov wrote:

smh

No, you're sitting on a 30 day ban for your ridiculous ban and jail history. We've told you this countless times and you still don't seem to understand this? my god.

To clarify for you, since you're clearly having a bit of trouble grasping this situation. Just because YOU think its unfair or wasn't right does not mean the ban was for no reason.

My ban history got me the first two months you say? the 30 minutes you started out with were not justified, I have watched staff ignore racism unless it's brought up to them, you find the need for a 30 minute jail over one rude word? The ban Evasion, ah, I don't get what your saying? Ask anybody, I've got brothers who've played era with me for about 8 years, deal with it, all the other staff have been. I've asked nicely for you to give me a way to prove we all three excist, but you guy's haven't given me the chance. Now, I ask you, why was Eric's business auctioned? He paid for it, I simply helped him run it.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:15 am

So if I make a new account and pay mad money for gold, when I get banned it won't be as long?

History doesn't mean shit, unless it says like 'Banned for Hacking' 5 times in a row in the past month or something. Honestly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:19 am

So if I make a new account and pay mad money for gold, when I get banned it won't be as long?

History doesn't mean shit, unless it says like 'Banned for Hacking' 5 times in a row in the past month or something. Honestly.

It really doesn't mean anything, but when proof was brought to katbot he simply said "I don't like federov, and never have." Katbot sexually harassed me and nobody did anything lulgoodpra

But yeah, I guess you can do that, I would have most likely done that had I been given a warning, but most of my bans are girl PR's getting butthurt over small comments and remarks. Being a girl doesn't make it sexual harassment, Also, being on hide while I rant to my friend about how I feel about you, should also not raise a ban (Didn't happen with Jess, happened with Kayl or whatever her name is.)
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:02 am

Jess wrote:
The_Federov wrote:

smh

What has his jail history or ban history have to do with anything!? If he done something wrong, you handle it with whatever the reason was. He already served his punishment for past jailing/banning's. So, that's complete nonsense.

Also, it's not very professional of you Jess as the PSA to come on the forum to discuss about bans when you guys are suppose to be against it. Right?
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:07 am

Kohola_KinG wrote:
Jess wrote:
The_Federov wrote:

smh

What has his jail history or ban history have to do with anything!? If he done something wrong, you handle it with whatever the reason was. He already served his punishment for past jailing/banning's. So, that's complete nonsense.

Also, it's not very professional of you Jess as the PSA to come on the forum to discuss about bans when you guys are suppose to be against it. Right?

I've contacted globals about the situation, but gabe always response with "I'll deal with it" Or, "There's other reasons" and leave it at that. I'm sure if another PWA read it before him, I wouldn't have this extensive history. Most of my history is false reasons, Tim even said himself I was banned 30 days, by him, for Duping or spawning or something, because another staff messed up a script and didn't tell him about it.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:21 am

I'm with Wil on this one.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:27 am

Booger Scelus wrote:
I'm with Wil on this one.

Way to get back on topic, wait no we're not doing that Sad
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:36 am

The_Federov wrote:
Kohola_KinG wrote:
Jess wrote:
The_Federov wrote:

smh

I've contacted globals about the situation, but gabe always response with "I'll deal with it" Or, "There's other reasons" and leave it at that. I'm sure if another PWA read it before him, I wouldn't have this extensive history. Most of my history is false reasons, Tim even said himself I was banned 30 days, by him, for Duping or spawning or something, because another staff messed up a script and didn't tell him about it.

Contacting Gabe isn't probably a good idea, since he's friends with Tim and all that.

Have you tried Bell?
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:42 am

so much drama.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:44 am

Contacted Bell, thanks for the advice
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:07 am

Yeah Jess, KoHo is right. You can't punish people based on their past. If you did that then we wouldn't have Chris Vimes with us at all would we? Smile Gabe has even said it a million times that a person's past really can't be used against them in these cases. Fed pays to play, you volunteer to be PSA. If you don't like seeing the word "bitch" there's a swear filter Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:15 am

Booger Scelus wrote:
Yeah Jess, KoHo is right. You can't punish people based on their past. If you did that then we wouldn't have Chris Vimes with us at all would we? Smile Gabe has even said it a million times that a person's past really can't be used against them in these cases. Fed pays to play, you volunteer to be PSA. If you don't like seeing the word "bitch" there's a swear filter Smile

Sadly, I doubt anything is to be done, I've contacted all the staff I can, but I'll end up waiting my 30 days, playing, than getting banned while I think I'm following rules, we'll go through the same stuff, till someone dies :/ I'm the youngest here boys, I won't die first <3
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:21 am

The_Federov wrote:
Booger Scelus wrote:

Sadly, I doubt anything is to be done, I've contacted all the staff I can, but I'll end up waiting my 30 days, playing, than getting banned while I think I'm following rules, we'll go through the same stuff, till someone dies :/ I'm the youngest here boys, I won't die first <3

Nothing will be done. Staff knows they look stupid but they apparently have too much pixelated pride to reverse their actions.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:22 am

Booger Scelus wrote:
The_Federov wrote:
Booger Scelus wrote:

Nothing will be done. Staff knows they look stupid but they apparently have too much pixelated pride to reverse their actions.

Yep. Look's like I've got to go kill everyone who's ever logged on era, excluding Booger, Shrimps, Eric, and black people. Black people have guns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Relations Admin   Player Relations Admin - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Player Relations Admin

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next