Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gun Prices

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:53 am

OK obviously we can give up trying to get Tim to change the stats as he made it pretty clear he has no intentions on changing them. However, he did say about changing gun prices, so what prices should be changed?

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:01 am

if we reduce all shop prices and all gun prices by 1/3
:O!
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 5:29 am

This Smile

-nevermind-

Last edited by fiberwire on Fri May 04, 2012 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suicide

Suicide

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Yeah fibre good idea 1 or 2 that wud be wrong/unusual...
though i cant afford/dont want anyways =D well yep i argree cmon tim change to fibre's price aye?
cheers
Back to top Go down
TheCrackTurtle
Committed Forum Member
TheCrackTurtle

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 4:23 am

I would like to see a price deduction.
Back to top Go down
HittzPK

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:26 am

It would be nice to see a price reduction being as though all of the good guns cost over a mil or close to it.
Back to top Go down
Virus

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:28 am

Make it so if Virus buys any guns he gets them for $1.
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:15 am

Virus wrote:

u have aids u cant use guns
Back to top Go down
Virus

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:45 am

bloodykiller wrote:
Virus wrote:

u have aids u cant use guns

shit
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:43 am

I think a ~33% price reduction on guns would be awesome. The jobs on Era aren't fun - the only reason anybody does them is to make enough money to afford better guns. Era is, at its core, a PVP game, not a job game. The tedious labor required to get good guns is just ridiculous, and the Spas-12 shotgun that I have my eye on seems waaaay out of reach right now.

So yeah, lower the prices.
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:47 am

Tom133t wrote:
I think a ~33% price reduction on guns would be awesome. The jobs on Era aren't fun - the only reason anybody does them is to make enough money to afford better guns. Era is, at its core, a PVP game, not a job game. The tedious labor required to get good guns is just ridiculous, and the Spas-12 shotgun that I have my eye on seems waaaay out of reach right now.

he's right, jobs on era r boring and guns r way too expensive
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:36 pm

bloodykiller wrote:
Tom133t wrote:

he's right, jobs on era r boring and guns r way too expensive

Yeah. I'm not asking for a free flak cannon like in Olde Timey Era (2002? 2003?), but the fun to work ratio is way off on guns. I could work for less time in real life and afford to buy a Saiga 12 shotgun (de-sporterized and everything!). It feels like Era's play-time has been artificially increased by simply making guns really expensive, and that ruins the fun.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:11 am

The fact that there are more Mp5 Navies than Golden Uzis is a problem. Also, why the fuck are people still paying over 1 mil for them if ACR can be considered better in some cases. With Sable being such a low price as well as FMK3 and Mp7, I have no idea why the prices are still so high
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:20 am

Prices are high because:

There were only 4 mp5s, 1 souizen, 1 scar, 1 s6... all on-par stat wise.

Dozens more were spawned and introduced (Vimes, Exolia, Alfonso) yet the stats remained the same, thus they retained the value players set when it was actually an accomplishment to own one of said weapons. Virtually unobtainable prices instituted by a cult-like band of elite players whom owned all of said weapons. All the other prices followed in scalar by means of their comparison [stat wise] to those weapons.

Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:27 am

SpongeBob RoundPants wrote:
Prices are high because:

Dozens more were spawned and introduced (Vimes, Exolia, Alfonso) yet the stats remained the same, thus they retained the value players set when it was actually an accomplishment to own one of said weapons. Virtually unobtainable prices instituted by a cult-like band of elite players whom owned all of said weapons. All the other prices followed in scalar by means of their comparison [stat wise] to those weapons.

Suspect

So just because they WERE the biggest and baddest guns by far before these new ones were introduced? And the people that first had them put a price up high and now don't want to get rid of them because they either paid a lot for them or they're just plain greedy? Seems Legit. Still need a way to get rid of all those fucking Mp5s
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:54 pm

Booger Scelus wrote:
Prices are high because:

Suspect

So just because they WERE the biggest and baddest guns by far before these new ones were introduced? And the people that first had them put a price up high and now don't want to get rid of them because they either paid a lot for them or they're just plain greedy? Seems Legit. Still need a way to get rid of all those fucking Mp5s

Well, to be honest. The reason why most people won't get rid of them or value them so much is because guys like me made them look god-like in their original form and still hold them to high standards. Honestly, guns like the Souizen are pretty comparable to the Mp5 Navy in both statistics and "feel", lol. The only difference comes in preference (spread or no spread), mayo or ketchup, mcdonalds or burger king.

However, public regard plays, and has always played, a huge role in off-market weapon pricing on Era. So if I run around with an Mp7 for a month or two, its public regard (more people will consider it better and be attracted to it) will increase. However, since its in a shop, its price will be unaffected. This same effect exists/has existed with other guns, however... they're not in shops... so price is, in these cases, affected.

Lastly, in pertinence to certain guns like Sable and etc..., these guns just look and feel like cheap imitations or failed competitors of their predecessors. Their statistics look "thrown on", so even when I try to develop a liking to one... I always find it doesn't respond the way I want it to and it annoys me.

The Mp7 is an exception to this though, it feels like a whole new item... I must say. I hate the spread with a burning passion, but the "feel" of the item is superb.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:23 pm

[quote="Zeross"][quote="Booger Scelus"]

The Mp7 is an exception to this though, it feels like a whole new item... I must say. I hate the spread with a burning passion, but the "feel" of the item is superb.

Your welcome Very Happy

But really we need to do something with the Navies... I see randoms with them now.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Zeross wrote:

You're welcome.

But really we need to do something with the Navies... I see randoms with them now.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:09 pm

fiberwire wrote:
Zeross wrote:

You're welcome.

Knew he was going to say this.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:44 pm

I've become predictable :O
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Who cares about gun prices, the sewers were deleted, OMG x2.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Zeross wrote:
Booger Scelus wrote:
Prices are high because:

Suspect

Well, to be honest. The reason why most people won't get rid of them or value them so much is because guys like me made them look god-like in their original form and still hold them to high standards. Honestly, guns like the Souizen are pretty comparable to the Mp5 Navy in both statistics and "feel", lol. The only difference comes in preference (spread or no spread), mayo or ketchup, mcdonalds or burger king.

However, public regard plays, and has always played, a huge role in off-market weapon pricing on Era. So if I run around with an Mp7 for a month or two, its public regard (more people will consider it better and be attracted to it) will increase. However, since its in a shop, its price will be unaffected. This same effect exists/has existed with other guns, however... they're not in shops... so price is, in these cases, affected.

Lastly, in pertinence to certain guns like Sable and etc..., these guns just look and feel like cheap imitations or failed competitors of their predecessors. Their statistics look "thrown on", so even when I try to develop a liking to one... I always find it doesn't respond the way I want it to and it annoys me.

Of course they're not going to feel exactly like you want them to. You had the opportunity to make guns exactly to your liking, so you know exactly what your preference is. Obviously something Fiber made isn't going to feel perfect to you XD
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:57 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:

FINALLY, somebody gets what I'm saying.

:/
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:05 pm

Tom133t wrote:
Tim_Rocks wrote:

I am just going to drop everything I'm doing right now, we need to fix this and I just can't go on with my life until we get the sewers back!!

Whose with me, OMG x3 now.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:
Tom133t wrote:
Tim_Rocks wrote:

I am just going to drop everything I'm doing right now, we need to fix this and I just can't go on with my life until we get the sewers back!!

Whose with me, OMG x3 now.
For once I am.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gun Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Prices   Gun Prices Empty

Back to top Go down

Gun Prices

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next