Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Auctions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DooM NCR

DooM NCR

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Auctions   Auctions EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:20 pm

There needs to be a limit on auctions. like once per every 2 weeks or something. This is getting out of hand how many pointless auctions there are. The cash in our economy is drained by "pointless auctions on guns already available". Hell is the staff thought there was too much cash in our economy to the point people had nothing to spend it on, then thats fine that they host auctions to get out some new weapons to add excitement or even older ones to get some cash destroyed. But not to the point that people have to practically lower the price of their weapons to about 50k above pawn just to sell it for cash. ive seen weapons sell cheap as fuck at the mall and yet they still dont sell. Here and there noobs buy low priced items for 5k or so but thats the most ive seen sell. Anyone who does have a higher amount of cash is gonna be very picky of the gun they want. Put a stop to these auctions and limit them.

Only You Can Prevent Staff Auctions
Back to top Go down
Godzilla
Committed Forum Member
Godzilla

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: hm   Auctions EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:38 am

You must be very out of the loop to think that one day the staff team decided to just start auctioning guns that were already available in the shop, no... Myself a few other staff members are the ones who host these auctions and just for the record; These guns we are selling have been removed from players due to but not limited to; CSTing and USDing, we will continue the auctions for their items as we catch them, so you better start covering your tracks guys Wink
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:49 am

I don't understand how auctioning their guns off fixes anything. It's kind of spiteful and disrespectful to the players. Given that they did break the rules, there were already professional measures in place and going "haha faggot you USDed so I'm gonna auction your stuff away for a bargain ezpz fag" just doesn't seem right. Also, if there's a problem with the amount of money in the economy this doesn't solve that, it just makes it worse.
Back to top Go down
DooM NCR

DooM NCR

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:03 am

Godzilla wrote:
You must be very out of the loop to think that one day the staff team decided to just start auctioning guns that were already available in the shop, no... Myself a few other staff members are the ones who host these auctions and just for the record; These guns we are selling have been removed from players due to but not limited to; CSTing and USDing, we will continue the auctions for their items as we catch them, so you better start covering your tracks guys Wink
No. So what you guys are doing is punishing the whole server for someone elses stupidity. Thats not cool :/ Its not like we can do anything about it. Once people start to see this, they will purposely get caught once they are tired of the game just so they can say "haha fuck you all. now your economy goes down even more". There should be a better solution to this or something. I think a gun raffle would probably be better. $50 a ticket. I mean its better than draining 100-500k from our economy per auction item
Back to top Go down
WillaDiaz
Committed Forum Member
WillaDiaz

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 8:50 am

Yes, you are getting punished by being able to buy cheap weapons, down with the tyranny!
Back to top Go down
DooM NCR

DooM NCR

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:02 am

WillaDiaz wrote:
Yes, you are getting punished by being able to buy cheap weapons, down with the tyranny!

We dont care for cheap weapons if it comes at the cost of not being able to sell any of our other weapons...
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:25 am

Better start trash picking to recoup the loss to the economy Razz
Back to top Go down
DooM NCR

DooM NCR

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:24 am

fiberwire wrote:
Better start trash picking to recoup the loss to the economy Razz
what would be the point if the staff just keeps on hosting auctions? it will just go back out of the economy
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 12:38 pm

Well, you guys don't HAVE to buy the stuff Razz
Back to top Go down
DooM NCR

DooM NCR

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:37 am

fiberwire wrote:
Well, you guys don't HAVE to buy the stuff Razz
well sadly people are too stupid to think for the future. but whatevers. just a game. just a bunch of derpy cod rejects lol!
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Don't lump us in with Tk
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 7:38 am

auctions are fun, and if banned player's items and a few new items are auctioned i really don't see the problem
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBob
Committed Forum Member
MonkeyBob

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 7:44 am

bloodykiller wrote:
auctions are fun, and if banned player's items and a few new items are auctioned i really don't see the problem

Now see it from their perspective. If you got banned for a while, say 14-30 days and they decided to auction all of your items, you'd be pretty pissed as I'm sure everyone else would. Not something I think they should be doing honestly.

This game has really just turned into a modern GK anyways. They just take old content and recycle it so it's "new" again. It's their way of being lazy but looking productive. A prime example is all of the "Legendary guns," or all of the retarded recolors that they decided to make into separate guns. When I was manager, I was going to have a gun skin system made so you could change the colors for a low fee per skin. But that went out the window when a certain few people decided to host "random auctions" and auction all the skins off as separate guns...
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:59 am

All 'legendary' weapons were created through the auctioning of guns tokens. Their recolors and 'legendary' title were suggested by each player, not required. As rogue often said, they could have named them The Godhammer or something cool.

Additionally, players only have their items auctioned upon being reset, the duration of their ban doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBob
Committed Forum Member
MonkeyBob

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:18 am

Scoper wrote:
All 'legendary' weapons were created through the auctioning of guns tokens. Their recolors and 'legendary' title were suggested by each player, not required. As rogue often said, they could have named them The Godhammer or something cool.

Additionally, players only have their items auctioned upon being reset, the duration of their ban doesn't matter.

Fair enough, though I still feel creating recolors of guns is a horrible method. The "gun tokens" should only be used on new guns, not recolors with different stats. That being said, it's just my opinion. Obviously things are ran much different (worse imo) now than they were when I was manager.

Additionally, the auctioning of players items upon being reset isn't very ideal. The staff team puts in a lot of time trying to remove money from the economy. With those items still being in circulation, there's a potential for some of those items to be pawned, thus more money is brought into the economy.
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 5:48 am

who cares about removing money from the economy? it's good if players have a lot of cash to spend on stuff to have fun on era unless the money is spawned, CSTed or USDed
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 9:37 am

bloodykiller wrote:
who cares about removing money from the economy? it's good if players have a lot of cash to spend on stuff to have fun on era unless the money is spawned, CSTed or USDed

There's been rampant spawning for the past X months. Liike..dozens of players have been doing it. The issue is fixed now, but catching everyone..not happenin.

And to answer your question -- pretty much every single highadmin cares about removing money from the economy.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 4:16 pm

Scoper wrote:
bloodykiller wrote:

There's been rampant spawning for the past X months. Liike..dozens of players have been doing it. The issue is fixed now, but catching everyone..not happenin.

And to answer your question -- pretty much every single highadmin cares about removing money from the economy.

I can personally say there has not been spawning going on, atleast not to the extent believed. Certain staff are faking logs just to remove cash cows from the game to 'fix' the economy. I'm guessing you just are hiding this, there's no way you're that oblivious to the subject.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla
Committed Forum Member
Godzilla

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 12:56 am

The_Federov wrote:
I can personally say there has not been spawning going on, atleast not to the extent believed. Certain staff are faking logs just to remove cash cows from the game to 'fix' the economy. I'm guessing you just are hiding this, there's no way you're that oblivious to the subject.

You're in no position to talk as you haven't logged on for over 5 minutes in how long? since the current Management change? You're unaware of the situations going on, I can vouch for the team when I say myself and several others have deleted over 30mil + from Era all from being duped and or spawned from the previous management/staff team. I'm aware that you have been dragged into this and you may feel as if you have been 'cheated' out of whatever you believe has happened but since I did not deal with your case I have no answers to closure you, I can assure you though, no one on the current team is "faking logs just to remove cash cows".
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 3:57 am

Getting closured sounds dirty.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 4:02 am

There has been spawning, but staff is kind of going balls deep in trying to punish EVERYONE and honestly the server is getting hurt. Don't auction the items off that's stupid. If they're one of a kind maybe figure something else out to do with it but fucking hell you're not helping the economy that way
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 7:22 am

Booger wrote:
There has been spawning, but staff is kind of going balls deep in trying to punish EVERYONE and honestly the server is getting hurt. Don't auction the items off that's stupid. If they're one of a kind maybe figure something else out to do with it but fucking hell you're not helping the economy that way

As long as the buy value is > the pawn value, overall money is removed and the money supply goes down.
Is it always? No. Is it often? Also no.
So yeah. boo auctions amirite

The_Federov wrote:

I can personally say there has not been spawning going on, atleast not to the extent believed. Certain staff are faking logs just to remove cash cows from the game to 'fix' the economy.

I've pondered the same thing. The current climate feels..pretty witch-hunty. I don't believe it, but that may be possible, especially given the current PR team. I did not check logs of other peoples' investigations, mostly because I trust our team to make the right judgement calls.

I will suffice to say this: I doubt that 100% of the money removals have been legitimate. Perhaps people are just seeing what they want to see. But as a whole, PRs are at least trying to do the right thing. A better solution would have been a reset or a rollback. Any day.

The_Federov wrote:

I'm guessing you just are hiding this, there's no way you're that oblivious to the subject.

How dare you accuse me of hiding anything Evil or Very Mad I have quit the staff team, and have no reason to lie to you, nor have I ever. In my tenure as a staff, the only lying I ever did was selective free housing edits to some of Era's poorest.

fiberwire wrote:
I'll closure you with a hose albino albino albino albino albino
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 4:00 pm

Scoper wrote:

The_Federov wrote:

I'm guessing you just are hiding this, there's no way you're that oblivious to the subject.

How dare you accuse me of hiding anything Evil or Very Mad I have quit the staff team, and have no reason to lie to you, nor have I ever. In my tenure as a staff, the only lying I ever did was selective free housing edits to some of Era's poorest.

Sorry as stated earlier I haven't been on for over 5 minutes in a long while. But yes, I don't really need others faith to know whats going on, because I'm one of those who've been robbed. I honestly don't plan on ever returning to era, however, so I don't see me putting up a big fight, the game gave me fun growing up, and I really can't ask for more.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBob
Committed Forum Member
MonkeyBob

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:41 am

Godzilla wrote:
The_Federov wrote:

You're in no position to talk as you haven't logged on for over 5 minutes in how long? since the current Management change? You're unaware of the situations going on, I can vouch for the team when I say myself and several others have deleted over 30mil + from Era all from being duped and or spawned from the previous management/staff team. I'm aware that you have been dragged into this and you may feel as if you have been 'cheated' out of whatever you believe has happened but since I did not deal with your case I have no answers to closure you, I can assure you though, no one on the current team is "faking logs just to remove cash cows".

Lol shut up.

Scoper wrote:
fiberwire wrote:
I'll closure you with a hose albino albino albino albino albino

I better get in on this.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla
Committed Forum Member
Godzilla

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 1:48 pm

MonkeyBob wrote:

Lol shut up.

The only thing you ever post on the official and unofficial is; "This management is shit, I was a better manager". Take some of your own advice, you had your shot and blew it, move on and quit like every other failure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions   Auctions Empty

Back to top Go down

Auctions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Era Forum  :: Era Discussion :: Suggestions-