Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

House edit discontinuation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

House edit discontinuation Empty
PostSubject: House edit discontinuation   House edit discontinuation EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:55 pm

Players,

Housing edits are now discontinued indefinitely, pending the introduction of a new system, the details of which are still being debated at the moment.

This is done for a multitude of reasons:
-Having static, uneditable houses should cause a shift to where the kind of house you buy has an intrinsic value based on the style of the house. In other words, the value of a house will depend on more than just the amount of rooms it has.
-This should allow for the introduction of new systems and expansions of existing ones. You may have observed this in our extensive augmentation of the moveable furniture stores. This should only be the beginning
-The large disparity/interpretation differences in the housing rules have caused a lot of player misconceptions.
-From a staff standpoint, it makes us LATs sad to see our work completely erased by some kid with 25k.

This discontinuation includes all pending projects, assuming you have not paid yet. It has been fun working with all of you :3

Please note that myself and the other LATs will still be available to fix bugs in player houses (especially SR houses, since those are sweet new children), but that this is for BUGFIXES only.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: House edit discontinuation   House edit discontinuation EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:55 am

I remember when houses were first introduced. they were never intended to be 100% custom designed to the point where players could send in their own levels to be uploaded. I have no idea who allowed that trend to start. over the years it has turned houses into a complete shit fest. they were supposed to have standard designs, empty layouts, with the option to buy furniture. good to see it's finally being done.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: House edit discontinuation   House edit discontinuation EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 12:47 pm

It was YY, he was the first to do it, then after he left; Me.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: House edit discontinuation   House edit discontinuation EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 6:15 pm

Keep it discontinued.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBob
Committed Forum Member
MonkeyBob

PostSubject: Re: House edit discontinuation   House edit discontinuation EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:45 am

Kenji wrote:
Keep it discontinued.

I agree, discontinue Era.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House edit discontinuation   House edit discontinuation Empty

Back to top Go down

House edit discontinuation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1