Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

lag limit spar/event

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
suwooo

lag limit spar/event Empty
PostSubject: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 1:58 pm

i know the laggers are gonna get mad about this,
but i think there should b a poll about the lag limit in spars and events etc, it would make it more fair to others with a good connection because 250 ms is alot of lag and i know a few people that lag themselves on purpose. it would make the server alot better, maybe lose a few players but who would quit? i bet no one will it would just make them get a better connection OR not lag themselves

Back to top Go down
ultimose

ultimose

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:09 pm

some people are stuck with a some what laggy connection, in some areas of the world its hard to get some services
Back to top Go down
suwooo

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:26 pm

i really dont beleive people that say that because i know people from austrillia that have a good connection lol and even reddy never lags on zod but on era its a whole different story trust me
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 3:22 pm

European & aussies and wherever they may be lag more because the server is in america. Explains why americans have better MS. If the server was in europe & aussie it would be the other way around. The problem doesn't lie within the players, it lies within the game.

So don't blame players, blame the game for not having servers in located places that suits everyone.

There is another solution... Get good and you won't need to worry about lag.
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
suwooo

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:33 pm

well about 80% of the people have good connection and i know they would probly like to see this as well and i just want to do a poll atleast to see what everyone wants
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:55 am

Let's just exclude everyone that isn't from America from everything.

1. Shouldn't be able to enter a base with a lag over 150 ms.
2. Shouldn't be able to join events with a lag over 150 ms.
3. Shouldn't be able to mine with a lag over 150 ms.
4. Shouldn't be able to respawn with a lag over 80 ms.

Or like Koho said. Quit bitchin' and get better. Predict where they're going and shoot there. Personally, I almost always use shotguns against laggers; the spread helps account for the lag difference.
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:50 am

lag doesn't give an advantage..i always have to predict where sum1 is going cuz if i hit them on my screen i rarely will damage them. i have a 20mb/s connection and my lag goes from 180-250ms. i had a 100mb/s connection and it was not better AT ALL. the only times when i was lagging less was:
1. the 1 time when i played from my uni's internet which is a dedicated connection of 500mb/s
2. before they moved the server: my lag was 160-220

bare in mind that having a high latency and warping/skipping are 2 separate things. when somebody in the US reaches 120-150ms he usually skips like hell and accellerates out of nowhere. in europe it's impossible to go under 150ms unless you're on a dedicated connection which costs 250-300euros a month
Back to top Go down
suwooo

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 7:28 am

i was thinking the limit should be 200 ms but thats why i wanna get a poll up see what everyone wants, and its not about "getting better" its about fair events/spars
without some one warping everywhere coming out of lag with 20 bullets and this does happen alot
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 8:50 am

suwooo wrote:
i was thinking the limit should be 200 ms but thats why i wanna get a poll up see what everyone wants, and its not about "getting better" its about fair events/spars
without some one warping everywhere coming out of lag with 20 bullets and this does happen alot

did you read what i wrote? warping has nothing to do with latency, if you live in europe, austrialia or asia your ping will be high by default
Back to top Go down
suwooo

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:59 am

well thats too bad for them if they want to play so bad its not hard to get a good connection, and you even said

" in europe it's impossible to go under 150ms unless you're on a dedicated connection which costs 250-300euros a month"

and like i said 80% of the server has good connection
i dont see why the other 20% should be baby'd because they cant afford good connection
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 10:16 am

suwooo wrote:
well thats too bad for them if they want to play so bad its not hard to get a good connection, and you even said

" in europe it's impossible to go under 150ms unless you're on a dedicated connection which costs 250-300euros a month"

and like i said 80% of the server has good connection
i dont see why the other 20% should be baby'd because they cant afford good connection

It's like talking to a brick wall to you isn't it. It's not hard to get a good connection? Don't you get it? Living in europe you could have the best connection in the world and still have 250ms.

It's not about connections! I rock a 100mb connection. and i'm at 130ms in europe and that's 100mb. I pay £50 a month for my net, that's like $100. So please tell me how i need a better connection.

Stefan is in europe, he could easily move the server to europe and screw the americans over. Be grateful the servers in america.
Back to top Go down
suwooo

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 am

lol dafuq? 130 ms isnt 250 ms so idk why you trippin but yeah it wouldnt even be that bad if it got lowered to 200 ms, it would only effect like 10 people max <<< fact

anyway i'd like to see a poll and see what others think

Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:00 pm

We should add an elo rating to then. Depending on your elo, you can spar in the rank arena.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:36 pm

Because chess rankings are suitable for era
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:42 pm

There's already a thread for this anyways
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:26 pm

Get with it Booger. He wants lag limit reduced, so i want noobs reduced. Very Happy ty
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:30 pm

GF KoHo wrote:
Get with it Booger. He wants lag limit reduced, so i want noobs reduced. Very Happy ty

Understood Wink elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:06 pm

suwooo wrote:
lol dafuq? 130 ms isnt 250 ms so idk why you trippin but yeah it wouldnt even be that bad if it got lowered to 200 ms, it would only effect like 10 people max <<< fact

anyway i'd like to see a poll and see what others think

koho lives in england which is the closest european country to the US. an 8mb/s connection is great for era if you live in the US. why should somebody have to pay 250-300 euros a month (which is 300-350 dollars more or less) to play this game whilst americans pay 10-20dollars a month for their connection?

something which should be added is a "jitter detector" which would measure how variable your connection is in a %. for example if you jump from 50 to 150ms (like many amercans do) you warp a lot, and the jitter detector would counter this. the same would apply for europeans, but you don't see many europeans jumping from 200 to 600ms (the same proportion as 50:150) because the game just sucks with lag that high

what you struggle to understand is that latency doesn't measure how much a person warps and therefore how bad a person's connection is. having delay aka high latency is just as annoying for europeans as it is for you
Back to top Go down
suwooo

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:22 am

yeah but my point is that there is only a few people with high ms and people see them lagging so they decide to lag themselves its a trend man and like i said it will only effect like 10 people if you lower it to 200 ms its not like the whole server is from europe were talking bout 10 people maybe less maybe more idk
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:48 am

suwooo wrote:
yeah but my point is that there is only a few people with high ms and people see them lagging so they decide to lag themselves its a trend man and like i said it will only effect like 10 people if you lower it to 200 ms its not like the whole server is from europe were talking bout 10 people maybe less maybe more idk

lol 10 people from europe? i'd say 30-35% of era's playerbase is from europe..you must play at really late hours when it's night in europe
Back to top Go down
suwooo

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:32 am

well i dont see that much people with high ms maybe they have a good connection
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:39 am

lol u can't be serious...are you trolling or r u really so dumb? HAVING A HIGH LATENCY DOESN'T MEAN YOUR CONNECTION IS BAD.
Back to top Go down
suwooo

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:56 am

its either that or your lagging yourself like i said its a trend and people are starting to do that
Back to top Go down
suwooo

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:58 am

and we already talked about the europe stuff so dont bring that up lol because it seems like thats all you been talking about
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 9:06 am

Look I hate Tk just as much as the next guy but everything he's saying is right. Stop being a retard suwoo you're not paying attention to any of this. If you don't like lag then fuck off of graal and go play something else. It's a part of the game stop being a lil bitch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lag limit spar/event   lag limit spar/event Empty

Back to top Go down

lag limit spar/event

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Era Forum  :: Era Discussion :: Suggestions-