Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Concerning Dippin' Donuts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Concerning Dippin' Donuts Empty
PostSubject: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 12:57 pm

Hey guys Jade (MWMWM) asked me to post this here because every time she tried it would get deleted and then she was banned for trying multiple times (not sure how that's against the rules but w/e)
I don't normally complain, or have anything to say about anything really. But when it comes to Dippin' Donuts, I don't think you can shut me up. So, to be really annoying and so I know people see this, I am posting it everywhere. Yeah, you can hate me, I don't care.

Anyway. Our ingenious staff has decided that it is smart to change Dippin' Donuts, and Dairy Hut, I can assume, to work like Speedy Pizza and MoonWok when it comes to stocking systems. For those who don't know the difference, at DD and DH, you can keep stocking items and when things need to be stocked, you can go and do it. It still requires work, it is just done ahead of time. I can spend hours making a couple thousand sprinkled donuts (which are needed to make the real ones). I have, over time, stocked up. I mean, I have owned DD for over 2 years, it makes sense that I would have quite a few. It makes it nice for when I know I don't have a lot of time to sit on here, because, god forbid I have a life and a full time, extremely stressful job. Geez jade, how dare you. I have thought ahead and know that time is not something I have a lot of. Now, MW and SP work in a way that you can only stock when things are needed. You can't stock up. So, if someone buys thousands of items, you have to stand there and do it then. Doesn't seem very smart.
I mean, I am always told that they want to make things "realistic" when it comes to businesses (even though in this game you can get shot, die, and come back to life... realistic). But, do people not go out and buy food and put in the freezer for later? I doubt anyone always eats things freshly made. And, to compare it to real food businesses. Not businesses like McDonald's or some bad place like that, but like a Panera Bread or a Tropical Smoothie or something nicer that is still "fast food" but isn't at the same time. (Sorry if you don't know what those are) Or even to an Applebee's or Chili's. They prepare as much as they can before actually making what it is you have ordered. So, in the name of being "realistic" why not allow the businesses to have stuff made up and ready? You can agree, or you can disagree with me. But I know with anything it is always best to be prepared then to do it "on the fly."

Another problem is that staff doesn't discuss anything with business owners. They just do what they want. Some things they have done to businesses are good, some others are not. When the spoil system was deleted I was like "YAYYYY!!" (Which, while writing this, I have noticed are back...lol) When they changed the healing powers of the donuts, I was more apprehensive. But this, changing how to stock, is not good at all. I have owned DD through like 5-6 GBA's. They all had their different views and ideas. Only one ever cared what the owners wanted or needed and actually asked. But I realize or FEARLESS leaders are going to do what they want to do and they don't care what anyone has to say. So, when they get bored, instead of changing or working on something that actually needs to be done, they do something else. If you think I am personally attacking them, you are correct. They have made me very angry with their lack of communication. I guess it shouldn't shock me that they act like this. A couple of boys excited to be in charge of something for once in their lives and getting to do things their way. YAY POWER!

Like I said, you can agree or disagree with me. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, this is mine.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:40 pm

You could do what most business owners do when they don't have time to single-handedly run their business.

Hire people to help.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:49 pm

Here are the changes for DD & DH.

1- You can only hold x150 of the stocking item.
2- You can only stock 20 of an item at once.
3- You can only drop stocking items in stacks of 20, only in the stocking rooms.

Both businesses DH and DD are idle. Nothing happens there, and DD only has 2 people on the team (requires 10 following the business contract), DD has been idle for 2 years, not hiring players, logging in once in a while, stacking stocking donuts, for years worth of stocking... NOT how a business (that is meant to be a feature for players) should work.

Those changes are MINOR and I don't see why its such a bother.

Edit:
Before anyone wants to post a legit comment, read the rules in the info gui

^My reply on official forums.

Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:52 pm

The problem was they apparently don't like her single-handedly running the business. She had a system so she could, and they said fuck you and changed it, and added the spoil system back.
She did have some people working there I've seen Tonysomebody or other all the time.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:55 pm

I am me wrote:
The problem was they apparently don't like her single-handedly running the business. She had a system so she could, and they said fuck you and changed it, and added the spoil system back.
She did have some people working there I've seen Tonysomebody or other all the time.

How is that a problem?
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:56 pm

Exactly my question.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:58 pm

No, I mean what is the problem with how it works now? All she has to do is hire more people. You're acting like they made it impossible to run DD now.
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Let's burn DD to the ground.

:O
Idea.
An admin should surround DD with a field of bear traps which constantly respawn. Leave it there for a week.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:48 pm

There's no spoils system for iron and lead. Ammo bizzes can stockpile all the shit they want, why can't DD?
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:57 pm

Booger wrote:
There's no spoils system for iron and lead. Ammo bizzes can stockpile all the shit they want, why can't DD?

Donuts are free to make. All they take is the employee's time, no materials.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:58 pm

So why take the spoils system out in the first place lol
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:37 am

Booger wrote:

Past GBA decision, idk why they took it out, its free to stock at food bizs while at GP/AM/PT it costs money to stock.

Hence why it was added back, but also to give it more activity.
Back to top Go down
RaidenRekon

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:40 am

So if you don't allow us to drop more than 20 in the stocking room why did you delete all of the donuts in the back storage room of the Owners Office without reimbursing the (Probably 200,000) Sprinkled donuts? Also in regards to employees DD has 6 and is currently hiring, so how is that an excuse?
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:45 am

RaidenRekon wrote:
So if you don't allow us to drop more than 20 in the stocking room why did you delete all of the donuts in the back storage room of the Owners Office without reimbursing the (Probably 20,000) Sprinkled donuts? Also in regards to employees DD has 6 and is currently hiring, so how is that an excuse?

Good start, but unfortunately we need to bring it down to ~5
Last login for account 'LeanderHB': Sun Dec 30 2012 7:07 AM
12 day(s), 3 hour(s), 37 minute(s), 3 second(s) ago

We want an active business with player interaction. Not something that is idle.

Back to top Go down
RaidenRekon

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:47 am

BlueMelon wrote:
RaidenRekon wrote:
So if you don't allow us to drop more than 20 in the stocking room why did you delete all of the donuts in the back storage room of the Owners Office without reimbursing the (Probably 20,000) Sprinkled donuts? Also in regards to employees DD has 6 and is currently hiring, so how is that an excuse?

Good start, but unfortunately we need to bring it down to ~5
Last login for account 'LeanderHB': Sun Dec 30 2012 7:07 AM
12 day(s), 3 hour(s), 37 minute(s), 3 second(s) ago

We want an active business with player interaction. Not something that is idle.

We can fix the hiring easily, but a few things about the stocking thing, why were the donuts not given back yet you can still premake? Why dont you make it so (Like the old one auto stocked the max of 300 even if you did 999) instead of FORCING you to hit 20, instead of the huge amount you most likely are holding. Also I don't understand how people say Jade is never online when she is online almost daily.
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 4:11 am

Booger wrote:

It was taken out around the time the kill drops came into play. At the time, tacos were dropping all the time (best healing imo), along with donuts, MW shit, pizza, etc. No one was buying from food businesses anymore. Instead of balancing/buffing food like Rogue did (he did a good job btw), I did a work around and removed the spoils system. Owners kept complaining that all of their stocks were rotting before people bought anything.

tl;dr. I support the current staff team's decisions. A food business is a public part of Era, not an "invite-only" club. That's what PPA was for (and it failed every time). Hire the noobs; they think businesses are fun.
Back to top Go down
RaidenRekon

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 4:40 am

So I have a concern regarding the dropping of donuts and the amounts you can stock, so you can only drop them in the lobby area (main area if you prefer) and in the donut machine room, this is kind of redundant consider there are two storage rooms INSIDE DD itself ideally suited for this purpose, so would there be any possibility of adding the storage rooms to the droppable levels, or replace the lobby level with atleast the owner office storage (Therefore still having 2 levels which allow donuts to be dropped)

The other thing is the amount of donuts, 20 is far too little considering most people will buy 100+ at a time if they are stocking up on them. I think it would be much easier to change it to atleast 100 instead of the 20, also the limiting of how many you can drop seems kind of silly being 20 also, again I would suggest atleast 100 or higher would be much more logical. These are just some small changes which would probably fix this whole dilemma, also the hiring and amount of players I am going to take care of personally.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 6:02 am

If I was Jade, I would be pretty pissed as well. She put a lot of time into making all of those stocking donuts, and now they're just gone. I think she should be compensated for her work. If at an ammo business you stock a shitload of lead (this was pre bin limits and at AM I didn't care if they put a bunch of lead in, it would get used regardless) and then you don't get paid for it because it all gets deleted based on a sudden change, all that time you spent mining would be in vain and I imagine you'd be pretty pissed.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 7:40 am

I'm with Jade on this one. I can see and understand her frustration. She has owned the business longer than some of the current staff have even played era for god sake. I mean, she had what 200k donuts and they where deleted, why? Because of an update? I only quickly read over it as i don't have much time though let's get something straight.

When you change a gun, you don't remove them from people do you? These donuts where there to be made and a lot of time was put into making these. Why take them of the player?

That's like me going into the mines and mining for an hour and then the mines get a new update and they get removed from my account, an hour wasted for nothing, right? how is that fair....

You guy's obviously don't give a fuck as it's not you losing out so you delete them and don't care, fucking selfish twats comes to mind.

Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 12:06 pm

Seems like the only argument left is that Jade's endless pre-made donut supply was deleted.

Fact: It wasn't. We stored them on-file... any staff member can restore them for her; this was done because 1. They were in a level you can't drop donuts. 2. You can't carry more than 150 at a time (they were in piles of 1000). & 3. If they sat on the ground they would deteriorate over time.

More or less, we did her a favor. I'd restore them back if she asked, but she quit DD already so it's pretty redundant at this point.

In other news: DD is up for auction after the DH one ends (in like a hour). Good luck.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 12:12 pm

dick move. Shouldn't it go to Co Owner?
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 1:28 pm

Booger wrote:

7a. Under no circumstances are business owners permitted to sell ownership of their business.
7b. In the event that he/she decides to quit, they are permitted to suggest who they feel should be their successor. However, the final decision lies in the hands of the Gang & Business Administrator.

The co- resigned as well.
She suggested Tony (the manager), but my decision was to auction it like DH and give everyone the same fair chance, rather than keeping it in the the private loop.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 1:31 pm

Why weren't you GBA a long time ago?

You seem to have a knack for it.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 1:45 pm

More like a Naack for it.

(get it the abusive fired guy)
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 6:25 pm

Rogue wrote:
Booger wrote:

7a. Under no circumstances are business owners permitted to sell ownership of their business.
7b. In the event that he/she decides to quit, they are permitted to suggest who they feel should be their successor. However, the final decision lies in the hands of the Gang & Business Administrator.

The co- resigned as well.
She suggested Tony (the manager), but my decision was to auction it like DH and give everyone the same fair chance, rather than keeping it in the the private loop.

Well it would be fair if there wasn't such a huge economic gap. Might as well make an anonymous application process then choose your favorite. That's pretty fair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concerning Dippin' Donuts   Concerning Dippin' Donuts Empty

Back to top Go down

Concerning Dippin' Donuts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Era Forum  :: Era Discussion :: Business Related-