Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gang Admin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheCrackTurtle
Committed Forum Member
TheCrackTurtle

Gang Admin Empty
PostSubject: Gang Admin   Gang Admin EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 3:07 pm

A few ideas for the next Gang Admin.

1) Reset points every three days instead of seven days.
2) Recycle the gang guns back into the point shop every month.
3) Give gang leaders ET tags for random gang events.
4) Reward neat prizes for the top 10 PKers.

Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

Gang Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Admin   Gang Admin EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:07 am

TheCrackTurtle wrote:

1. Why? Makes no sense.
2. That makes working to earn these guns a complete waste of time, seeing as you're not just going for one, but for 5. Which is a long run (at least 50,000 pts).
3. This is retarded.
4. Yeah, I agree.
Back to top Go down
TheCrackTurtle
Committed Forum Member
TheCrackTurtle

Gang Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Admin   Gang Admin EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:52 pm

Zeross wrote:
TheCrackTurtle wrote:

1. Why? Makes no sense.
2. That makes working to earn these guns a complete waste of time, seeing as you're not just going for one, but for 5. Which is a long run (at least 50,000 pts).
3. This is retarded.
4. Yeah, I agree.

1) I've noticed that after 4-5 days, there's usually one gang who has locked up points for the week which slows down raids. But, when they're reset, people tend to PK a lot...So, resetting them more often could provoke more activity.
2) Gang guns should NOT be permanent to one gang. It makes them stale and creates problems when there's a couple really good ones that nobody else can use.
3) Why is this retarded?
4) Really, you agree?

Last edited by TheCrackTurtle on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

Gang Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Admin   Gang Admin EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:55 pm

Giving gang leaders ET tags wouldn't work, Wil is right.

They either
1. Can't host events involving their own gang, cutting out a large portion of the people who could play
2. Can host events involving their own gang, leading to bias, cheating, etc.

Better to let normal, impartial people do it.
Back to top Go down
TheCrackTurtle
Committed Forum Member
TheCrackTurtle

Gang Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Admin   Gang Admin EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:36 pm

Scoper wrote:
Giving gang leaders ET tags wouldn't work, Wil is right.

They either
1. Can't host events involving their own gang, cutting out a large portion of the people who could play
2. Can host events involving their own gang, leading to bias, cheating, etc.

Better to let normal, impartial people do it.

*Situation*

Gang A: 6 Members online. Bored. No raids going on.
Gang B: 6 Members online. Bored. No raids going on.

Gang A challenges Gang B to CTF for FUN. The two gang leaders agree on rules, gather their own gang, and start their own match. I don't see the problem.
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

Gang Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Admin   Gang Admin EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:02 pm

TheCrackTurtle wrote:
Zeross wrote:
TheCrackTurtle wrote:

1. Why? Makes no sense.
3. This is retarded.
4. Yeah, I agree.

1) I've noticed that after 4-5 days, there's usually one gang who has locked up points for the week which slows down raids. But, when they're reset, people tend to PK a lot...So, resetting them more often could provoke more activity.
2) Gang guns should NOT be permanent to one gang. It makes them stale and creates problems when there's a couple really good ones that nobody else can use.
3) Why is this retarded?
4) Really, you agree?

1. I don't think you pay very good attention. In the past few weeks, your gang has obtained a "lock" (due to your avoiding to raid unless you heavily outnumber all gangs) and during the final days, we'd return and take the lead.

From that, I'd say your observation(s) are false. If we shorten the time period, gangs who obtain a larger lead would quickly win, not allowing for other gangs to pull a comeback, like we often do.

2. Gang Guns have been permanent to gangs since the dawn of time. Gang Guns are supposed to be identified to specific gangs as a symbolic tool. i.e. BB Magnum, Black Holster, Morano Thompson, and etc. People should be able to see a gun and say, oh... that's BB's.

As far as statistically, they're all pretty evenly dispersed with their own pros and cons. Its just that greedy bastards like you are never full unless they can taste what's on everyone else plate.

The fairness factor was already explained, the gun would be in the shop first and idiots like you would look at the stats and go: "Na, it probably sucks." When we purchase it, you nimrods start to whine about it. Perhaps its not the gun, maybe we just own Very Happy.

3. You're looking at it on-paper. There's a human element that needs to be analyzed. When that's factored for, you realize that gang leaders will often abuse this right. Anyways, events team members are always online.

Furthermore, this will, overall, devalue the significance of gang events because of the high frequency of them. The weekly gang events allows for something to look forward to on weekends. Furthermore, it allows for final chances to retake the lead in points.

If you want more raids, perhaps you should stop bitchin' whenever someone asks you or your gang to raid. Half the time BH has like 8-11 online and when asked to raid by like 5 of us, they all shy away, including you. Again, no room to complain about lack of raids.

4. Actually, I don't agree... I didn't read through.
Do not make the rewards too large, just something simple like 5 ECs and maybe a bonus heal or something.

Also, do not present it to the top 10 players, that's far too many.
Only the top 5 should get such a thing.
Back to top Go down
TheCrackTurtle
Committed Forum Member
TheCrackTurtle

Gang Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Admin   Gang Admin EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:34 am

Zeross wrote:
TheCrackTurtle wrote:
Zeross wrote:
TheCrackTurtle wrote:

1. Why? Makes no sense.
3. This is retarded.
4. Yeah, I agree.

3) Why is this retarded?
4) Really, you agree?

1. I don't think you pay very good attention. In the past few weeks, your gang has obtained a "lock" (due to your avoiding to raid unless you heavily outnumber all gangs) and during the final days, we'd return and take the lead.

From that, I'd say your observation(s) are false. If we shorten the time period, gangs who obtain a larger lead would quickly win, not allowing for other gangs to pull a comeback, like we often do.

2. Gang Guns have been permanent to gangs since the dawn of time. Gang Guns are supposed to be identified to specific gangs as a symbolic tool. i.e. BB Magnum, Black Holster, Morano Thompson, and etc. People should be able to see a gun and say, oh... that's BB's.

As far as statistically, they're all pretty evenly dispersed with their own pros and cons. Its just that greedy bastards like you are never full unless they can taste what's on everyone else plate.

The fairness factor was already explained, the gun would be in the shop first and idiots like you would look at the stats and go: "Na, it probably sucks." When we purchase it, you nimrods start to whine about it. Perhaps its not the gun, maybe we just own Very Happy.

3. You're looking at it on-paper. There's a human element that needs to be analyzed. When that's factored for, you realize that gang leaders will often abuse this right. Anyways, events team members are always online.

Furthermore, this will, overall, devalue the significance of gang events because of the high frequency of them. The weekly gang events allows for something to look forward to on weekends. Furthermore, it allows for final chances to retake the lead in points.

If you want more raids, perhaps you should stop bitchin' whenever someone asks you or your gang to raid. Half the time BH has like 8-11 online and when asked to raid by like 5 of us, they all shy away, including you. Again, no room to complain about lack of raids.

4. Actually, I don't agree... I didn't read through.
Do not make the rewards too large, just something simple like 5 ECs and maybe a bonus heal or something.

Also, do not present it to the top 10 players, that's far too many.
Only the top 5 should get such a thing.

1) Quit saying that I don't raid. If I didn't enjoy raiding I wouldn't lead a gang. I love raiding. I raid all the time. I'm just trying to help Era, not benefit my gang, and that's how you rationalize everything.

2) If all the gang guns were truly equally balanced, than you wouldn't mind picking new ones for your gang. So whats the deal?

3) KoTH, TDM, and CTF have been played so much their value and significance has already diminished. New events should be made for the weekends so that ET's can host some of the older events on a regular basis.

4) 5 EC's and a health bonus is fine.
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

Gang Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Admin   Gang Admin EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:16 pm

Zeross wrote:
dyer

lol
Back to top Go down
Starkmalark

Starkmalark

Gang Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Admin   Gang Admin EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:08 am

Nobody gives a shit.

Era sucks because it always sucked.

Gangs suck now because nobody cares.

Being forced on tag 100% has done absolutely dick for activity.

Nobody cares because there is 0 competition, its always a one sided fight.

The people that do care give up after being slaughtered 50 times by 40 people who all have either, a navy, an aug, an acr, or a scar. which they obtained by questionable means (I highly doubt even 5% of navy owners earned them legitimately)

This bickering between gang leaders is hysterical though, its as if they think anybody actually gives a fuck.

Back to top Go down
TheCrackTurtle
Committed Forum Member
TheCrackTurtle

Gang Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Admin   Gang Admin EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 3:26 pm

Starkmalark wrote:
Nobody gives a shit.

Era sucks because it always sucked.

Gangs suck now because nobody cares.

Being forced on tag 100% has done absolutely dick for activity.

Nobody cares because there is 0 competition, its always a one sided fight.

The people that do care give up after being slaughtered 50 times by 40 people who all have either, a navy, an aug, an acr, or a scar. which they obtained by questionable means (I highly doubt even 5% of navy owners earned them legitimately)

This bickering between gang leaders is hysterical though, its as if they think anybody actually gives a fuck.

Bro, tell me more about how much you hate Era on the unofficialeraforums? Please continue. study
Back to top Go down
Starkmalark

Starkmalark

Gang Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Admin   Gang Admin EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:07 pm

I never said I hated Era, I just said it sucks.
I like Era because it sucks, too many fun games nowadays.

It feeds me with endless amounts of things to complain about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gang Admin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Admin   Gang Admin Empty

Back to top Go down

Gang Admin

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1