Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bring old biz's back!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jess
Committed Forum Member

Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 5:33 am

Scoper wrote:
Jess wrote:
I actually remember the reason they got rid of the smaller player owned businesses is basicly because of the problem right now.

People would just buy the businesses, jack up the price and sell it back right away. Businesses have always been that one thing people will buy no matter how much the price goes up because they can easily be sold.

Which is why they should be unsellable :/

They were actually.

The official ones like gun Point and Ammo Mart.

You could only sell the player businesses, im pretty sure AM and GP just passed between co-owners when the owner disapeared or went inactive.

Just now official businesses have become like player businesses.

Then again i remember back in the day you had Sales picking flowers 24/7 to buy Speedy Pizza for 200k. He must of kept it for over a year and was by far the richest player.

Also a time when food was a big deal and there was only DH and SP at the time so it was basicly pure profit. No spoil system or tax what so ever.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:01 am

I miss Sales paying me in Pizza and giving out tons of pizza while raiding, when raiding was actually fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:05 am

I too miss when Era was more fun. Sad
Ahh, the good old days.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:53 am

Jess wrote:
I actually remember the reason they got rid of the smaller player owned businesses is basicly because of the problem right now.

People would just buy the businesses, jack up the price and sell it back right away. Businesses have always been that one thing people will buy no matter how much the price goes up because they can easily be sold.
hachi was the one who removed a good chunk of player owned businesses because back then when everyone was so worried about a stable economy, we felt as if those businesses were damaging it.
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 9:54 am

Frankie wrote:
Jess wrote:

hachi was the one who removed a good chunk of player owned businesses because back then when everyone was so worried about a stable economy, we felt as if those businesses were damaging it.

I also remember talking to him and him saying something about how hes fucking tired of the businesses being traded every day and no one appreciates the business they want to just make a quick buck.

Man i miss when people actually cared about the economy
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:07 am

Jess wrote:
Frankie wrote:
Jess wrote:

I also remember talking to him and him saying something about how hes fucking tired of the businesses being traded every day and no one appreciates the business they want to just make a quick buck.

Man i miss when people actually cared about the economy
why? when was the last time era's economy was actually stable? a looooong time ago. it took like 7 years for staff to finally stop worrying about it and focus more on gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 am

You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBob
Committed Forum Member
MonkeyBob

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 11:37 am

Lol I miss the old player shops. They were fun and all, but they didn't work well at all. At the time there weren't nearly as many guns as there are now, so all of the businesses ended up selling the exact same thing. Also PPA failed so many times. I know I've deleted it twice, once as GBA and once as PSA. It doesn't work without a company to compete with it/larger wages for the agents. It also won't work because noobs can't afford it and anyone other than them are good enough at pking to protect themselves. PPA never really served a good purpose, it's just something that was on Era for a long time so nobody ever deleted it. The best thing they could do is help in gang raids, which is unnecessary nowadays.
Back to top Go down
TheCrackTurtle
Committed Forum Member
TheCrackTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 4:52 pm

I remember having the only business that sold Ravson ammo, so I started selling it for 100$ each. Good times.
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 5:15 pm

That's funny because I remember being the only business and making my own prices for everything. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheCrackTurtle
Committed Forum Member
TheCrackTurtle

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 4:47 pm

I am me wrote:
That's funny because I remember being the only business and making my own prices for everything. Very Happy

There were many player owned business's
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:21 am

I liked Apple Pie.
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:46 am

Rofl...You actually remembered the name I used for it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Yeah lol.
If I remember correctly, it was right where the healing hut by PT is now.
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Yeah, the healing hut was on the opposite side of the street, next to PT.
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:45 am

I remember buying a business in a really shitty location. Then being able to sell it to buy the one right beside the hospital and BB.

That was also when the hospital was actually used and people didnt just unstick. Not to mention i had BB right beside me which was raided constantly.

I think i ended up giving up selling Guns all together and just sold ammo..

Think i named the business Arrow Ammo, i have no idea why. Probably because the bow was released at the time aswell or some shit.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:44 am

Yeah, I remember that shop. I thought it was one of the coolest ones. I was actually going to restore those shops at some point. I had a lot of the work done for it, but instead I actually just turned what was done into the mall. And then the hire/fire GUI I had made was converted to regular shops we have now.
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:17 am

Tim_Rocks wrote:
Yeah, I remember that shop. I thought it was one of the coolest ones. I was actually going to restore those shops at some point. I had a lot of the work done for it, but instead I actually just turned what was done into the mall. And then the hire/fire GUI I had made was converted to regular shops we have now.

I was actually thinking about suggesting this. But, with the mall, it is kinda pointless. I actually had some elaborate new-player owned business scheme thought out with buying licenses to stock certain guns, investing money into your business, etc.

But then I got drink and forgot it. And the mall is just a simpler version of it anyway.

oh, and every gun is already sellable via one NPC anyway. Ideas's purpose = null. This post's purpose = none.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:27 am

Right, I scratched it and split up the project into other stuff. I didn't want to complicate things by allowing players to have control of the prices and what's for sale.
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:16 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:

Pretty sure you worked for me Tim..... and then i hired you for my radio station aswell Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring old biz's back!   Bring old biz's back! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bring old biz's back!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2