Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Honest Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:15 am

Does anyone even enjoy businesses anymore? Or are they just being used as strong leverage in trades?
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:31 am

It all depends on the owners intentions. If the owner wants to make the most money possible then sell it, thats boring. Businesses don't have much speciality anymore when the owner doesn't care about it. The whole point is to get players involved with the stocking instead of getting it automated.
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:10 am

BlueMelon wrote:
It all depends on the owners intentions. If the owner wants to make the most money possible then sell it, thats boring. Businesses don't have much speciality anymore when the owner doesn't care about it. The whole point is to get players involved with the stocking instead of getting it automated.

Yeah, but how much of Era is even in a business right now?

Regardless, I think I'm answering my own question when I say the only business that I currently see as volatile (constantly exchanging hands) is DH. So, maybe things are fine. I do have some business ideas that I want to do sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:55 am

Well, I think the only food business that should remain is DD. The rest are fine though.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:58 am

Allowing people to buy and sell businesses is the most dumbest thing I've seen that involves businesses.

You guys make a rule 30 days and you cannot sell it? Well...... Doesn't that give them 30 days to find a buyer? When the 30 days is up, kaboom they sell the business and some other plonker becomes the owner and probably fires all the staff and rehires his own.

People that worked hard are fired just because some douche was hungry for more money.

Stop allowing people to buy and sell businesses. If you don't then at least scrap the rule because it's a pointless rule.
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:12 am

Tim_Rocks wrote:
Well, I think the only food business that should remain is DD. The rest are fine though.

DD and DH should remain. Moonwok should never have been added in the first place. Also, these kill drops have basically killed food businesses. Why spend your money on food when you can run around the bases picking up the food that people have dropped.

To be honest the simplest solution is to make all food businesses NPC ran. Make them all like you did with era cafe/speedy pizza where people can still work in the businesses and make money from them and an option to still be able to buy food. They don't need owners and then just leave the ammo businesses as they are.

Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:50 am

I see no joy in food business at all. I know DH is a mess, but I NEVER wanted DH, it was just another item in a trade that I was going to sell, till Jess decided to be gay.
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:00 am

I enjoy Pyro Tech and don't plan on selling it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:07 am

I am me wrote:
I enjoy Pyro Tech and don't plan on selling it. Sad

^
PT is fun, I only sold it cause Kaz refused to mine and Benny got all mad @ me and said he might take it away or something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:10 am

Ammo Mart was a fucking blast, but now the game is way too focused on just gangs so the business vibe has gone down the shitter.
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:13 am

I wanted to hire people and maybe slowly start giving out rights for mineral boxes, but I don't want there to be the 1000cap(or what ever it's at) on explosives, especially ones that people don't buy.
I know even if it's posted on the wall or I tell them, their still just going to stock it past what ever is posted.

Hopefully JEM if you read this could do something about it? =/
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:36 am

Kohola_KinG wrote:
Tim_Rocks wrote:

DD and DH should remain. Moonwok should never have been added in the first place. Also, these kill drops have basically killed food businesses. Why spend your money on food when you can run around the bases picking up the food that people have dropped.

Kill drops no longer drop DH/MoonWok/DD products since a week.
And basing on the amount of kill drops available even a Taco falling is pretty rare.

Businesses are fun imo and should stay on era. When I was in a business, i.e. Gun Point, I liked to be rewarded for my work and got myself up to manager which was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:43 am

BlueMelon wrote:
Kohola_KinG wrote:
Tim_Rocks wrote:

Kill drops no longer drop DH/MoonWok/DD products since a week.
And basing on the amount of kill drops available even a Taco falling is pretty rare.

Businesses are fun imo and should stay on era. When I was in a business, i.e. Gun Point, I liked to be rewarded for my work and got myself up to manager which was pretty cool.

Ah, my bad then i haven't noticed but it still drops allot of pizza?

You're right, businesses is fun but the point i'm trying to make is that it's pretty pointless trying to get a promotion in any business because come 30 days it's getting sold and the new owner is probably going to bring in his own staff team.
Back to top Go down
patson (Ultimate Lamer)

patson (Ultimate Lamer)

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 12:01 pm

I think they should just be taken out in general.... Not player operated.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 12:51 pm

patson (Ultimate Lamer) wrote:
I think they should just be taken out in general.... Not player operated.

Arguments to back that up? I know alot would disagree.
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:03 pm

I kinda do want to remove the whole selling of businesses thing, but that would make me an absolute asshat since I was the first one to sell a business.

Maybe take away the ability to trade them but offer the option for current owners to auction their businesses if they so desire?

People could still potentially "sell" their businesses just by using Tim's system without PR/GBA supervision by simply making them owner.
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:11 pm

But that still doesn't give them access to the safe, and some other features, which would need staff to correct. If they sold it without using the auction idea, that is.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:17 am

I agree with the auction. Leaves a potential for them to gain/loose money after 30 days of owning it?
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:49 am

Auction seems like the best way. IF you notice in auctions they never pull in the same amount of money.

Businesses are used far too much as a quick profit gain. Buy it then sell it right away after.
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:01 am

What I'm saying is that current owners auction it now if they don't want to own it. But then there would be no more auctions. Then businesses go back to the old way of not being sold.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:47 am

bennyburrito wrote:
What I'm saying is that current owners auction it now if they don't want to own it. But then there would be no more auctions. Then businesses go back to the old way of not being sold.

Yes. People selling businesses every month is ridiculous anyway.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:25 am

Quite honestly there are really no business owners left that really care except Jade and Masa. Yeah Scoper cares too, but he doesn't have the time to make GP his main priority.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:41 am

bennyburrito wrote:
I kinda do want to remove the whole selling of businesses thing, but that would make me an absolute asshat since I was the first one to sell a business.

1. Ruin business operating procedures and reduce them to trade commodities
2. Become GBA
3. ???
4. Profit
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:15 am

NPC-ran ftw.
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:41 am

SpongeBob RoundPants wrote:
bennyburrito wrote:

1. Ruin business operating procedures and reduce them to trade commodities
2. Become GBA
3. ???
4. Profit

Basically. But I know you're not complaining; you were relentless in your bitching over never having the opportunity to own a business. Removing the ability to sell businesses on a whim/monthly whim should help to restore them, as well as the things I put into that other thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Honest Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honest Question   Honest Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Honest Question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next