Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Food Businesses

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Food Businesses   Food Businesses EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:54 pm

In an attempt to restore some of the food business' quality and purpose, I am considering the following updates:

Removing taxes on food.
Removing spoil system.
Buffing food

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Businesses   Food Businesses EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:43 am

buffing food... idk its already pretty anoying during raids (donuts atleast)
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Businesses   Food Businesses EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:46 am

Yeah but now they can't use it until their PK flag wears off. Which doesn't wear off while they're running. The only time food would be usable would be when there's no action going on.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Businesses   Food Businesses EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:59 am

There's no point for donuts anymore at all. That's what I've been saying since this was implemented. Buffing it would do nothing for them, their main purpose is for it to allow you to run around while you're on pk tag. Now that's impossible
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Businesses   Food Businesses EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:29 am

Then they'll simply be changed to a different heal option. Could make it heal by 5 every min while you're Pking. I don't think it would be that big of a deal.

Uh what I mean is change how food works in pk mode. They would have normal healing without the pk flag. They change and do something different in when the flag is on.
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Businesses   Food Businesses EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:23 am

Maybe knock it down to just one "interval" per use while PK flag is on. For example, cheese heals 18hp x3 or somehing like that. Maybe just have it heal 18hp once on PK flag. As it is, the freeze on pizza is greater than the freeze on cheese, so we don't have to worry about pizza being "OPed" in terms of that. And it's more expensive.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Businesses   Food Businesses EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:37 am

bennyburrito wrote:
Maybe knock it down to just one "interval" per use while PK flag is on. For example, cheese heals 18hp x3 or somehing like that. Maybe just have it heal 18hp once on PK flag. As it is, the freeze on pizza is greater than the freeze on cheese, so we don't have to worry about pizza being "OPed" in terms of that. And it's more expensive.

Freeze on pizza is more than cheese? You can eat a slice then keep running with cheese you stop for like 15 seconds
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Businesses   Food Businesses EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:26 am

Booger Scelus wrote:
bennyburrito wrote:

Freeze on pizza is more than cheese? You can eat a slice then keep running with cheese you stop for like 15 seconds

What I'm saying is you'd only be frozen for that first HP hit. Then you could run on. But the cheese would be used. As in, instead of getting the full heal for the cheese, you only get a third, but only get a third of the freeze. If you don't have a PK flag on, it'd work as usual.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Businesses   Food Businesses EmptyFri May 25, 2012 9:21 am

Just make them all NPC ran.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Businesses   Food Businesses EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:30 am

SpongeBob RoundPants wrote:

Some people only play this game for their business.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Businesses   Food Businesses EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:56 am

bennyburrito wrote:
SpongeBob RoundPants wrote:

Some people only play this game for their business.

Well now 3 of the businesses are the same system in reguards to ownership style/requirement (aka nothing).
4 businesses now deliver the same product.
Kills now drop a majority of these products for free.
And these products were nerfed in effectiveness.

Really, you need to change them up somehow. I'd like to see a business that utilizes something on Era other than mining and just pressing A. Perhaps a wood based shop that takes lumber jacking and uses the (now useless) saw mills / boards.

Idk.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Businesses   Food Businesses EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:12 am

Yeah I'd be in favor of the businesses getting a full revamp.
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Businesses   Food Businesses EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:09 pm

I agree. They've gotten stagnant. Uhhh Rogue I like your idea. Should we knock down a couple food businesses and make them into like. digging/forestry businesses? Hat business? idk
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Businesses   Food Businesses EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:07 am

cheese and deluxe donuts used to heal 60 all at once with barely any freeze and zero cooldown time...that was fkn epic
i dnt think it'd work out now though since the bases are designed to slow down the game's pace and healing has become far easier
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Businesses   Food Businesses EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:16 am

Shut up Tk, you're an idiot.

Anywho, you guys are giving yourselves an unnecessary headache.
Every issue with the food system that has been listed so far is just speculation.

- Instead of counting your chickens before they hatch, why not just WAIT to see the effects of this update?

- Also, we all know that this update was a good one for the game overall. Therefore, its effects to a small sector shouldn't detract from that (referring to Tim trying to make them heal you during PK mode - that kills the entire purpose of your update, even if its minutely).

- Worst case scenario, reward business owners handsomely (1.25-1.5x the amount they paid for their food business) and make these businesses NPC-Ran.

There are roughly two-three owners, accommodating them shouldn't be a priority in the grand scheme of things. Simple solutions, please.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Businesses   Food Businesses EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:07 pm

Don't see any problems with that benny. Though, just disable food in bases and let's fight like real men. We have healing beds and heals at the spar what else do we need.
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Businesses   Food Businesses EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 2:29 am

I have new idea(s) for food, read my thread: Jobs : Shark Hunt (expansions possible)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Food Businesses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Businesses   Food Businesses Empty

Back to top Go down

Food Businesses

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1