Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gang Rewards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:33 pm

I don't ever recall reading anything about gang rewards anywhere. So what about them? Finishing top at the end of the week/month. Shouldn't there be rewards giving to the top gang?
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:16 am

GF KoHo wrote:
I don't ever recall reading anything about gang rewards anywhere. So what about them? Finishing top at the end of the week/month. Shouldn't there be rewards giving to the top gang?

What sort of rewards? Like a new hat or like everyone gets 5 ec?
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:13 am

like 5ecs or 1 mvp for top 5 players and extra 10hp for top 3 players for a week
the only way to get extra hp and heal 20 in beds is by bounties atm, and the only people who use bounties are the ones who pay off people or ask their gang mates to give them their bounty. i suggest to delete the bounty system and give hp/healing awards to the top gang players weekly
the mvp system for gang events should also change, it's really retarded for koth and ctf (flag caps, flag retreats or chest points are not at all considered whilst they're the most important part of the 2 events), but also tdm since most people only target players at low hp, penalising the whole gang since they lose most of their hp to kill low hpers and don't help at all to lower players with higher hp.
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:16 am

bloodykiller wrote:
like 5ecs or 1 mvp for top 5 players and extra 10hp for top 3 players for a week
the only way to get extra hp and heal 20 in beds is by bounties atm, and the only people who use bounties are the ones who pay off people or ask their gang mates to give them their bounty. i suggest to delete the bounty system and give hp/healing awards to the top gang players weekly
the mvp system for gang events should also change, it's really retarded for koth and ctf (flag caps, flag retreats or chest points are not at all considered whilst they're the most important part of the 2 events), but also tdm since most people only target players at low hp, penalising the whole gang since they lose most of their hp to kill low hpers and don't help at all to lower players with higher hp.

I agree that these events need some way to factor in those things. That will hopefully come in time (this system hasn't even been up for a week; we're still tweaking it). Also, yeah, bounties are pretty stupid. Maybe something could be put in place to reward gangs with the bonuses of bounties.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 10:20 am

I had brought this up before;

We need a MVP coin for the top 5 point earners. OVerall, not just in the top gang. That would just teach players to swarm one gun, or else they have no chance.
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Ages ago... Warhead was working and basicly finished graphics for gang rewards.

A Helicopter
A armored car
Boat?

Bunch of random other things.

None ever got added.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 11:57 pm

*Jess wrote:
Ages ago... Warhead was working and basicly finished graphics for gang rewards.

A Helicopter
A armored car
Boat?

Bunch of random other things.

None ever got added.

Helicopter was... but it wasn't made by warhead I don't think. We also have the hypershell.
More gang prizes at the end of month would definitely be cool.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:04 am

So what are the gang rewards?
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyTue May 08, 2012 6:20 am

Anyone have any ideas for new gang event prizes? It's obvious that helicopter/hypershell are no obsolete. I was thinking something like a tank, and Fiber suggested free spar revives. Any other thoughts/ideas?
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:08 am

Instead of tank like an APC kind of thing. Holds 6 gang members or something and you can shoot from it. Maybe a buff that lasts for the whole week making like 5% of bullets do 3 or 4 extra damage when on gang tag?
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:12 am

lol add decent bases b4 adding shit like tanks xD
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:15 am

The sooner you start accepting the fact that the bases won't be changed, the sooner you'll enjoy the game. They aren't perfect, but staff is consistently altering them for the better enjoyment of everyone.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:24 am

bennyburrito wrote:
Anyone have any ideas for new gang event prizes? It's obvious that helicopter/hypershell are no obsolete. I was thinking something like a tank, and Fiber suggested free spar revives. Any other thoughts/ideas?

Tim already made a tank for gangs. Whatever happened to that?
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:27 am

GF KoHo wrote:
bennyburrito wrote:

Tim already made a tank for gangs. Whatever happened to that?

It probably doesn't work, like most things he does.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyTue May 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Booger Scelus wrote:

Uh, like what?

Also, the tank works, the graphics are way too big though (bigger than the road).
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:54 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:
Booger Scelus wrote:

Uh, like what?

Also, the tank works, the graphics are way too big though (bigger than the road).

See doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Okay fine, but what else doesn't work? All you're mentioning is a tank, which really isn't my fault anyway, Ace made it way too big.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:00 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:
Okay fine, but what else doesn't work? All you're mentioning is a tank, which really isn't my fault anyway, Ace made it way too big.

Well maybe you're right and "not working" was a bad term to use. A lot of things you do are released unfinished with the intention of finishing them, then they are left unfinished or kind of just left for someone to test bugs on like the business system which every time i report a bug it just gets ignored lol.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:03 pm

You're sort of reporting them to the wrong person then, if I made it, wouldn't it be logical to send me bugs?

Also, what bugs? If you're referring to the stocks button, I got side tracked. Logs are still kept by other systems (old).
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:
wouldn't it be logical to send me bugs?
I did.
Tim_Rocks wrote:

If you're referring to the stocks button, I got side tracked
yeah.

Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:00 am

Booger Scelus wrote:
The sooner you start accepting the fact that the bases won't be changed, the sooner you'll enjoy the game. They aren't perfect, but staff is consistently altering them for the better enjoyment of everyone.

the bases make it extremely hard to enjoy the game, especially if ur used to the old ones. it's not about small changes, the ideology of the bases is fucked up (the obvious result of a noob creating them) which makes the game far more defensive and slow-paced, which results in more running and less kills for both gangs. it used to take skill to stay alive in a gang base, now all it takes to stay alive is "holding position" which is more about sparring rather than raiding. base levels should all be way smaller as they have always been, since people who prefer large levels and easy escape routes can simply street pk
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyThu May 10, 2012 3:21 am

bloodykiller wrote:
Booger Scelus wrote:

the bases make it extremely hard to enjoy the game, especially if ur used to the old ones. it's not about small changes, the ideology of the bases is fucked up (the obvious result of a noob creating them) which makes the game far more defensive and slow-paced, which results in more running and less kills for both gangs. it used to take skill to stay alive in a gang base, now all it takes to stay alive is "holding position" which is more about sparring rather than raiding. base levels should all be way smaller as they have always been, since people who prefer large levels and easy escape routes can simply street pk

Everyone runs. No matter what kind of base it is, they'll run. There's honestly nothing you can do to change the fact that everyone on this game runs now. Everyone.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:25 am

Tk should be used to running anyway, in sure the ladies do it all the time anyway.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:17 am

Tim_Rocks wrote:
Tk should be used to running anyway, in sure the ladies do it all the time anyway.

Tim, I used to hate you. You're actually pretty funny. Can't hate you anymore.
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:39 am

Booger Scelus wrote:
bloodykiller wrote:
Booger Scelus wrote:

Everyone runs. No matter what kind of base it is, they'll run. There's honestly nothing you can do to change the fact that everyone on this game runs now. Everyone.

running in bb or bh bases was impossible if 1 person was blocking the only viable exit (right door in both cases), considering that opening ele took time and the floor could be changed as pleased. it was also easier to catch runners since gun's freeze was lower (aka u'd get slowed down less for each bullet fired) and you wouldn't have gigantic levels with useless furniture placed randomly to slow the pace down.
the real problem isn't running anyways, it's the pace of the raid (the rate at which u get kills). these bases cater for those players who aren't quick at thinking or clicking buttons but are very patient, basically the same that's required for sparring (which should require a completely different playstyle).
maybe 1 day tim will grow up and realise that he's no good at designing bases.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gang Rewards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang Rewards   Gang Rewards Empty

Back to top Go down

Gang Rewards

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next