Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Gang

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheCrackTurtle
Committed Forum Member
TheCrackTurtle

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: New Gang   New Gang EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:44 am

Which gang will be replacing VorteX? Who will be their leader? What will be their theme? What will happen to VorteX's base?

Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:15 am

TheCrackTurtle wrote:
Which gang will be replacing VorteX? Who will be their leader? What will be their theme? What will happen to VorteX's base?

You haven't logged on yet today, have you? Wink

Sine Wave took VorteX's spot, lead by Fiber. Their theme is uh. SCIENCE. And VorteX's base has been appropriately remodeled.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:17 am

Very happy about this, they've racked in 600 points already.
Back to top Go down
TheCrackTurtle
Committed Forum Member
TheCrackTurtle

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:15 am

bennyburrito wrote:
TheCrackTurtle wrote:

You haven't logged on yet today, have you? Wink

Sine Wave took VorteX's spot, lead by Fiber. Their theme is uh. SCIENCE. And VorteX's base has been appropriately remodeled.

Nice.
Back to top Go down
Sinkler

Sinkler

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:21 am

In response to Sine Wave's addition, I propose a new gang, Arcsine, as it is the only fair way to stop the Sine Wave.
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:18 am

u watch 2 much big bang theory
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:51 am

bloodykiller wrote:
u watch 2 much big bang theory

No such thing.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:45 am

You guys are just about as straight as a sine wave.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:13 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:

Sine Waves are straight if you restrict your frame of reference to one dimension Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:54 pm

fiberwire wrote:
Tim_Rocks wrote:

Sine Waves are straight if you restrict your frame of reference to one dimension Very Happy

So in other words you're in the closet?
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:
fiberwire wrote:
Tim_Rocks wrote:

So in other words you're in the closet?

I'm just trying to live my life Razz
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:22 am

Seems like sine wave aren't cutting the mustard either. I think Vortex actually had more points than this new gang. Correct me if i'm wrong, though it's not going to be a big difference.

I was suggestion to remove sine wave and make gang limit 30 per gang instead of 25. I was told they didn't even turn up to gang events just like Vortex so why do we even need them? They don't raid and when they do they just give up within 5 mins.
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:37 am

I also didn't see Fiber on the members list? he was a pretty big key to their success, if they were to ever achive any.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:52 am

The_Federov wrote:
I also didn't see Fiber on the members list? he was a pretty big key to their success, if they were to ever achive any.

On sine wave? Last i checked he was the leader?
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:40 am

GF KoHo wrote:
The_Federov wrote:

You haven't checked recently enough. I gave the gang to Bones612 and left.
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:25 am

fiberwire wrote:
GF KoHo wrote:
The_Federov wrote:

Looks like I've missed quite a bit, =[.

Well you never struck me as the persistent kind, so you quitting anything isn't a strange site; at least not to me.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:34 am

Zeross wrote:
fiberwire wrote:
GF KoHo wrote:
The_Federov wrote:

Well you never struck me as the persistent kind, so you quitting anything isn't a strange site; at least not to me.

In fibers defense I questioned why I'm even in a gang. Honestly, the motivation I had when I was younger just isn't there, become a recruiter? Who cares? He left because he doesn't want to feel obligated, on a game.
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:10 am

The_Federov wrote:
Zeross wrote:
fiberwire wrote:
GF KoHo wrote:
The_Federov wrote:

In fibers defense I questioned why I'm even in a gang. Honestly, the motivation I had when I was younger just isn't there, become a recruiter? Who cares? He left because he doesn't want to feel obligated, on a game.

In that case, it looks like Era's finally died or at least the age of the oldbies.
However, due to our shitty economy and Graal's poor advertisement, the newbies didn't roll in "timely" enough for them to take over with the same excitement we had back then.

Regardless, I still think this Summer time will be interesting, when everyone has an abundance of free time.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:38 am

fiberwire wrote:
GF KoHo wrote:
The_Federov wrote:

Not surprised at all. I don't think I've ever seen you stick at anything longer than a few weeks. Same old story. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptyFri May 11, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm not saying you guys are wrong. I have a habit of being fickle when it comes to things like gangs/parties. The same old thing gets boring after a while. But that's not the reason I left Sine Wave.

I'll tell you guys the same thing I told Federov.

"Well, raiding wasn't fun anymore because all anyone does anymore is run. It got to the point where my gang members were telling ME to get on tag. I don't have any motivation to raid or lead a gang because raiding isn't fun, there's no reward in it, and it's just an unnecessary obligation that gets in the way of playing the game the way I want to play it.

And the worst part is that there's no fixing it. You can't make people stop running."

I don't like to be playing the game and enjoying myself, and then all of a sudden, I'm expected to tag up and run into a building over and over for an hour, just to entertain other people, when all I want to do is PK on the street, sit around unstick, spar, play an event, mine, etc.

It's not fun adhering to the demands of others, to me.

It wouldn't be a problem if I actually felt like raiding, but what's the motivation to raid? And why does anyone even find raiding fun?
"Come take your base, Sine Wave."
Why should I? you're just standing there not doing anything to it. There's no substantial reason why I should, besides providing competition for you people. And competition these days is who can run and heal the most.

There's no incentive. Gang events aren't fun to me. Gang points don't mean anything to me. The gang guns defeat their own purpose. Adding another member slot to the gang is next to useless and not worth a whole week of raiding.

There's just too much that I don't like about it, and not enough potential reward. Raiding used to be reward in itself because it was fun, but it feels like work now.

If I wanted to do something that felt like work, I'd do something that would get me somewhere.

For now, I'm steering clear of anything gang-related until some things change.

tl;dr
Raiding got to a point where it was a chore and not worth it anymore.

As a side note, might as well delete Sine Wave and go to a 3-gang system. The PKing talent on era is really unevenly spread amongst the 4 gangs, and by that I mean barely spread at all. The less gangs there are, the less uneven it is.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptyFri May 11, 2012 2:19 pm

I'm sure there's an idea that would make it. But the biggest problem with Sine Wave was that once Fiber fell, they were all his close friends, so the whole thing didn't work out. Just find someone who enjoys the game in the aspect that we all use to enjoy it in.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:23 pm

fiberwire wrote:
As a side note, might as well delete Sine Wave and go to a 3-gang system. The PKing talent on era is really unevenly spread amongst the 4 gangs, and by that I mean barely spread at all. The less gangs there are, the less uneven it is.

I've been thinking this myself for a while. It's kind of the truth of the matter, you can't fix it at all. You have the GFs, Souls, and the smattering of people in BH (rams and co. Zalintos, etc w/e). Vortex never recruited well or had good players, so everyone that was good went into the other 3 gangs. When it was made SW and Fiber got it, there were slim pickings to choose from, even though the Scelus family left BB. I'm not quite sure that the 4th gang could actually be effectively managed or executed with the pool of players left to choose from. My idea is is just make rosters like 5 players longer and go with 3 gangs, wouldn't be a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:36 pm

I am the master of running.
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:29 pm

fiberwire wrote:
I'm not saying you guys are wrong. I have a habit of being fickle when it comes to things like gangs/parties. The same old thing gets boring after a while. But that's not the reason I left Sine Wave.

I'll tell you guys the same thing I told Federov.

"Well, raiding wasn't fun anymore because all anyone does anymore is run. It got to the point where my gang members were telling ME to get on tag. I don't have any motivation to raid or lead a gang because raiding isn't fun, there's no reward in it, and it's just an unnecessary obligation that gets in the way of playing the game the way I want to play it.

And the worst part is that there's no fixing it. You can't make people stop running."

I don't like to be playing the game and enjoying myself, and then all of a sudden, I'm expected to tag up and run into a building over and over for an hour, just to entertain other people, when all I want to do is PK on the street, sit around unstick, spar, play an event, mine, etc.

It's not fun adhering to the demands of others, to me.

It wouldn't be a problem if I actually felt like raiding, but what's the motivation to raid? And why does anyone even find raiding fun?
"Come take your base, Sine Wave."
Why should I? you're just standing there not doing anything to it. There's no substantial reason why I should, besides providing competition for you people. And competition these days is who can run and heal the most.

There's no incentive. Gang events aren't fun to me. Gang points don't mean anything to me. The gang guns defeat their own purpose. Adding another member slot to the gang is next to useless and not worth a whole week of raiding.

There's just too much that I don't like about it, and not enough potential reward. Raiding used to be reward in itself because it was fun, but it feels like work now.

If I wanted to do something that felt like work, I'd do something that would get me somewhere.

For now, I'm steering clear of anything gang-related until some things change.

tl;dr
Raiding got to a point where it was a chore and not worth it anymore.

Pfft, you can't catch Tim?
Get good.
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:44 pm

GF KoHo wrote:
fiberwire wrote:
GF KoHo wrote:
The_Federov wrote:

Not surprised at all. I don't think I've ever seen you stick at anything longer than a few weeks. Same old story. Very Happy

Get'em KoHo!
I see LC steppin' its fkin game up!
I likes, I likes.

Lucky I was busy this week, we gon' whope that ass soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Gang Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Gang   New Gang Empty

Back to top Go down

New Gang

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next