Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dead Men Tell No Tales

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Dead Men Tell No Tales Empty
PostSubject: Dead Men Tell No Tales   Dead Men Tell No Tales EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Hello Erain's I have currently been globally banned. This is what I'm actually banned for at the moment and hey look Stephen pulled the trigger.

Stephen has globally banned Tim_Rocks
Ban type: Server Destruction
Ban time: 45 days and 0 hours
Reason: Abusing scripts in order to block players from accessing a server.

Now, abusing scripts in order to block players, not a good idea. Did I even do this? I don't see how, as any staff on Era can contest I haven't updated a script in a few days (could be a week, I've been lazy). Anyway, that doesn't explain how I got globally banned for 45 days, so far globals aren't telling me anything, or even providing proof of any server destruction. Seems like I've been targeted. So at the moment, looks like you guys no longer have a manager or a scripter to help maintain the server (still have blue though). Seems like it's all going downhill fast.

Also, I'll miss all of you; I will probably be done with this game if they're willing to ban me over false pretenses.

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBob
Committed Forum Member
MonkeyBob

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales   Dead Men Tell No Tales EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:52 pm

:[
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales   Dead Men Tell No Tales EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Just emailed Stefan and support@graalonline.com

Quote :
Hello Stefan, I'm bringing this to your attention because Gabriel and Stephen have globally banned me under false pretenses. This is what Stephen has set for a global ban.

Stephen has globally banned Tim_Rocks
Ban type: Server Destruction
Ban time: 45 days and 0 hours
Reason: Abusing scripts in order to block players from accessing a server.

I find this to be false because I have broken no rules, nor did I have any intention in breaking the rules you have sent out for us to follow. I have not ever created a script for malicious use to block players from accessing the server nor would I ever. My goal has always been to get as many players as possible on Graal. I have not even been provided any proof or logs that I have done anything wrong to result in a global ban or even a removal from my position as I would never do anyway.

What I have been provided by Gabriel (Sinkler) is a script that appears to be a completely normal disconnect script on Era from -Profiles (I have backup scripts to confirm this). As you can see here in the line below, there are no malicious scripts to target any players to keep them from playing Era.

[8/4/13 8:55:23 PM] Sinkler: else if (temp.mode == "Disconnect") {
---
>852: serverwarp("login");shared.adminMessage("You've been disconnected from Era.");
853: }
[8/4/13 8:55:25 PM] Sinkler: nice try

This is a completely normal script on Era, I really don't see how this could be interpreted as malicious use. And if you check my staff logs on Era you'd notice something fishy about them. What you'll notice is that I haven't actually updated a script in almost a week, which gives me a 0% chance to actually make a script to block players from accessing Era. Hopefully you'll see this email and I know you'll do the right thing as I continue to play Graal; I was actually about to be purchasing Gold so I can continue development on Zombie Land with Sage_shadowbane.

Thanks for your time, Stefan.

--
*Tim_Rocks
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales   Dead Men Tell No Tales EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:57 pm

I really don't think you should quit man, they may come around at some point. You're definitely a prized developer and, as far as I know, non-corrupt guy. It would suck to see you go, so don't.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales   Dead Men Tell No Tales EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 3:20 pm

This is completely and utterly stupid. Stephen also helped Fidel ban me when he couldn't prove I was usding, They banned me for my actual reason, after I was unbanned they faked logs inorder to make it a perm ban. I could give more information on my case but in the end I wasn't as much of an asset as others. In the end I've been #TeamZach #TeamTim and by the looks of it Fidel is taking the pedals off his flower one by one. Let me tell you something Fidel, a flower with no pedals is an ugly, lonely flower.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales   Dead Men Tell No Tales EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 3:23 pm

Fidel quit anyway.

But yeah, with just Blue left, I can't see much getting done in the way of.... anything.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla
Committed Forum Member
Godzilla

PostSubject: lol   Dead Men Tell No Tales EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Posting this for the lols I guess; I was also perm banned for completely nothing, after getting PRA and getting fired for no reason I decided I no longer was going to take part in Fidels Era, slowly going completely inactive to the point I said screw it and gave away all of my remaining assets (About 6mil and a bunch of guns) to a old friend of mine that I knew would put them to better use, a day later I'm banned and after asking Gabriel and several others no one cared or tried to help. I slowly lost faith in Era/Graal and can honestly say I wasted 8 years of my life.

In the end nothing lasts forever and after my bad history as a child I didn't expect to be staff or even unbanned on Era for the long hall but I didn't expect to be forcefully taken out of the server, I completely understood the background of being staff but never knew how really dramatic it was until being on the team. Honestly if I could give anyone on Graal a piece of advice it would be to find a new game.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales   Dead Men Tell No Tales EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 5:06 am

Godzilla wrote:
Posting this for the lols I guess; I was also perm banned for completely nothing, after getting PRA and getting fired for no reason I decided I no longer was going to take part in Fidels Era, slowly going completely inactive to the point I said screw it and gave away all of my remaining assets (About 6mil and a bunch of guns) to a old friend of mine that I knew would put them to better use, a day later I'm banned and after asking Gabriel and several others no one cared or tried to help. I slowly lost faith in Era/Graal and can honestly say I wasted 8 years of my life.

In the end nothing lasts forever and after my bad history as a child I didn't expect to be staff or even unbanned on Era for the long hall but I didn't expect to be forcefully taken out of the server, I completely understood the background of being staff but never knew how really dramatic it was until being on the team. Honestly if I could give anyone on Graal a piece of advice it would be to find a new game.

pretty much the same boat I'm on right now.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales   Dead Men Tell No Tales EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 4:45 pm

Well, I'll probably just do what everyone suggested anyway. Just quit, not like it matters anyway. Soon there's going to be nothing for Stephen or Gabriel to global over anyway since Era is being replaced with iEra.. If any of you didn't know, that would be the true reason Fidel quit. I feel sorry for ice though.

Also, emailed Stefan again.

Quote :
I've had a couple local staff on Era do some digging to find any evidence in relation to the global ban that Stephen (trial PWA just recently hired) had recently applied to my account. As I stated before; I had not edited any scripts of any kind and I now have proof thanks to a friend.

2013-07-30 12:39:02 on Era:
change class gani
2013-07-29 00:44:14 on Era:
change weapon -Tim/Fun

Turns out the last script I edited was exactly a week ago. Also the script -Tim/Fun is just a car script I had been working on with Sage. Which still points to Stephen placing me under a global ban without real actual proof. And the script that has been provided to me as proof of creating a script to block players from Era isn't even real evidence. Looks like something they copied from a script without even knowing what it does. Which makes sense because you've got a couple of non-developers as PWA who don't even know how to script.

else if (temp.mode == "Disconnect") {
serverwarp("login");shared.adminMessage("You've been disconnected from Era.");
}

This is the script that has been provided as evidence, and it's just apart of a generic staff tool that ever player and staff has access too. In fact I'm fairly certain this happens when too much lag is going on as well.

Anyway, seems like a biased decision to keep me banned from all servers when I actually never even did anything wrong in the first place.

--
*Tim_Rocks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Men Tell No Tales   Dead Men Tell No Tales Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead Men Tell No Tales

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1