Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aren't you tired?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

Aren't you tired? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:11 pm

Booger wrote:
Easier to train someone that has the right attitude to do the job than change the attitude of the person that can already do it.

unless you're a scripter :<

RIP CVimes and Moon
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:13 pm

Scoper wrote:
Booger wrote:
Easier to train someone that has the right attitude to do the job than change the attitude of the person that can already do it.

unless you're a scripter :<

RIP CVimes and Moon

I think it still applies to scripting.
Back to top Go down
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:22 pm

The_Federov wrote:
Nate wrote:
Jess wrote:
Nate wrote:
"Staff Harassing" shouldn't even be an issue, if you're not mature enough to be able to handle some criticism and some people just plain not liking you, def shouldn't be staff.

You're spending time working on a online game that you get paid nothing for.

The amount of times I've heard people say I don't get paid enough to take harassment or rude comments in just a minimum wage job is ridiculous.

Theres no reason it shouldnt apply to this aswell, theres no reason staff should be taking any form of abuse from anyone. Especially when they arent receiving anything for it.

No one is forcing you to keep the job, if you can't meet the expectations then quit, you're not forced to keep the job. It's volunteer work sure, but it also a privilege and you should be held and meet a higher standard. With power there's always resistance if you can't handle that, you're not ment for the job.

Nate, you say that implying we've got handfuls of qualified people just begging to be staff. It's not how it use to be. Sure there's still people begging to be staff, but as for qualified, we really need to hold onto the key staff, exspecially in times like this where multiple just left the team.

You say that implying it requires more then 3-4 good PR members to function a well-ran PR team, it doesn't. You can try to argue this fact all you want but it simply doesn't, PR isn't a position that is handled or rather should be handled in quantity over quality. There's a lot more level-headed and fair people that still play Graal than you think.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Nate wrote:
The_Federov wrote:
Nate wrote:
Jess wrote:
Nate wrote:
"Staff Harassing" shouldn't even be an issue, if you're not mature enough to be able to handle some criticism and some people just plain not liking you, def shouldn't be staff.

The amount of times I've heard people say I don't get paid enough to take harassment or rude comments in just a minimum wage job is ridiculous.

Theres no reason it shouldnt apply to this aswell, theres no reason staff should be taking any form of abuse from anyone. Especially when they arent receiving anything for it.

No one is forcing you to keep the job, if you can't meet the expectations then quit, you're not forced to keep the job. It's volunteer work sure, but it also a privilege and you should be held and meet a higher standard. With power there's always resistance if you can't handle that, you're not ment for the job.

Nate, you say that implying we've got handfuls of qualified people just begging to be staff. It's not how it use to be. Sure there's still people begging to be staff, but as for qualified, we really need to hold onto the key staff, exspecially in times like this where multiple just left the team.

You say that implying it requires more then 3-4 good PR members to function a well-ran PR team, it doesn't. You can try to argue this fact all you want but it simply doesn't, PR isn't a position that is handled or rather should be handled in quantity over quality. There's a lot more level-headed and fair people that still play Graal than you think.

I guess we have view points that are not alike. I personally feel that while Qaulity is the defining factor, if we have 3 PR's, even if they're the 3 most active players, we still have a lot of time with no PR's on to watch betspars, answer scam reports, upload heads, and just do their job. No, we need quality, just as much as quantity.
Back to top Go down
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:36 pm

The_Federov wrote:
Nate wrote:
The_Federov wrote:
Nate wrote:
Jess wrote:
Nate wrote:

I guess we have view points that are not alike. I personally feel that while Qaulity is the defining factor, if we have 3 PR's, even if they're the 3 most active players, we still have a lot of time with no PR's on to watch betspars, answer scam reports, upload heads, and just do their job. No, we need quality, just as much as quantity.

I mean I certainly agree with you quantity is very helpful, but if said quantity is diluting your quality it is doing more harm then good no?
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:28 pm

Booger wrote:
I'm with Nate on this one. If you play Era you should really already know that nobody cares about your feelings. Everyone is selfish and a dickhead, so get used to it.
you mean if you're alive you should already know that nobody cares about your feelings. this type of behavior is not just limited to graal. the whole "we don't get paid" excuse is way over said. deal with it or get the fuck out.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:22 pm

These forums are taking a pretty dark turn.
Back to top Go down
WillaDiaz
Committed Forum Member
WillaDiaz

PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:27 pm

darf fader.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 3:41 pm

fiberwire wrote:
These forums are taking a pretty dark turn.

Not true.
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aren't you tired?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Era Forum  :: Era Discussion :: Era Community Discussion-