Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aren't you tired?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 6:31 pm

Jeez man, where do i start. What the title says? Aren't you tired off all this nonsense that is going on within the game we all play. I for one am tired off it all.

Why can't we all just get along? I mean, why so much hate within such a small community? It just shouldn't be possible. I'm not going to sit here and type like I'm some sort of fucking god, i know i've been an ass to many in the past, i know I've been perma banned and made mistakes. Don't we all?

What I'm trying to get at is, there is just so much hate and there is no need for it at all. There is to much political shit happening and it's not healthy for this server. So please, stop calling for a new fucking manager every time something happens? Stop calling for people to be fired, (yes i have done it) but i was wrong. We are all wrong if we continue to do this.

It's not a new manager we need, it's not new PR's we need. I mean, some PR's need there minds refreshed of what is expected of them but we don't need to see anyone fired. I'll hold my hand up and say, the bigger problem lies within the players. We are the ones that call for new managers, new staff then we sit back and call '' they're just worried about all the political shit''. It's US who are to blame.

This server will crumble if we don't realise we aren't doing anything but hurting this server. This server needs our attention, we need to realise we are all to blame. We need to wake the fuck up, and quit all this hate and actually work together.

This game will never be successful if we don't work together. So please guys, if you read this. I'm not expecting you all to be buttbuddys but at least let's try grow up a little.

Don't you agree?
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
MonkeyBob
Committed Forum Member
MonkeyBob

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 6:46 pm

+rep
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 6:57 pm

MonkeyBob wrote:
+rep
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Godzilla
Committed Forum Member
Godzilla

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 7:12 pm

You're right on some statements but very wrong in others, this game will NEVER become successful with the current staff team, 95% are out for blood on any player that speaks their mind or stands up to the 'bullshit', not only is that targeted at my own situation but many others.

I agree that there should be less hate but like I stated in another thread before it got removed; "Era will never move forward when there are people consistently holding outdated labels above others and holding grudges, it just won't" this being proven time and time again when Jess or any of the other staff/players bring up my history, at the end of the day a LOT of changes could happen and a DRASTIC change in behaviors and many other things would change with it but It's not going to happen under Zach's management, at least not with his current attitude.
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:28 am

This whole game is based on player killing. Not exploring, or teamwork, but destroying other people, hunting noobs, and basically exploiting the freedoms of a PK sandbox. This breeds ill-will amongst the playerbase, most of which are illiterate fucks anyway.

Aren't you tired? Gangsta_kids-1

^Seriously, this is like, 75% of the people that play this fucking game. ^

Most players have no notion of a bigger picture. I've given up on playing the game the way it's supposed to be played, and now I just harass people and get away with things that people don't notice. Fuck it, why not? Era has a whole metagame of cheating and trolling, because it's so easy to get away with.

I have no respect for the staff. I don't think anybody does. They really don't do anything. There's no regular updates, only fucked up attempts to "balance" the game which only remove fun stuff. When's the last time that a new area came out, or a new job, or a new way to play? Era needs more ridiculous fun stuff, but it's not going to get it, because the staff is a revolving door of 17 year old kids who get hired, dick around for three months, and then resign because school/work/butthurt. There's no continuity of government, so to speak. No overarching plan, no design goals. And that's just dev.
What about all the staff abuse that we all hear so much about? "Oh, XXXX spawned ten thousand guns for his friends and banned a crippled kid because he's also gay" or whatever the fuck goes on.

Era (and all of Graal, probably) is most likely going to die within a few years. Whatever. I feel like I'm in an abandoned office building two days before it's set to be demolished. Let's just break shit! Wooo! Kick the walls in, man! Oh, I know, let's shit in the elevators! It'll all be gone in like, a few days man, we can't even get in trouble! WOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:34 am

Surprisingly enlightened words from Tom, everyone.
That's some criticism I could get behind.

I mean, I disagree with most of it, but loooooooooook he can write. I thought literacy was gone
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:37 am

I have no idea which parts of that post are sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:44 am

None
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:44 am

Tom133t wrote:

You are the coolest person on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:49 am

bennyburrito wrote:
Tom133t wrote:

You are the coolest person on this forum.

And I'm not sure if I like you, or if you're hurting my feelings.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:20 am

I'm actually with Tom and Godzilla on this one. I think you have a good point Koho, but at the same time I disagree when you say that it's all the players' fault. I think everyone is to blame. EVERYONE. Anyways, I've talked about this before with other people, and the reason we came up for so much hate is because it is such a small community. Everyone is killing each other and gets pissed off about it because people hold that over their head like it means something. Jesus christ when I took this game seriously I thought of Wil as a god because he was the best. I mean a fucking -god-. With this small playerbase comes a few things. 1) You see the same god damn people every day. along with that we have 2) The same harassment or judgement comes out EVERY day. 3) people get greedy because there are no get rich quick schemes (except betflipping lelelel) 4) people get butthurt because they take it too seriously.

There are close to no literate players, most of them that are don't actually play but just sit back and post on the forums like us cool cats.

Anyways, fuck it all.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:00 am

I am currently the only staff member who encourages you to harass me; it's just too much fun.
Back to top Go down
TheCrackTurtle
Committed Forum Member
TheCrackTurtle

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:18 am

I remember when PR's actually had some balls and wouldn't get ban hungry over nonsense. I mean really...harassment? PR's need to grow up and use the ignore list. Same for players.
Back to top Go down
WillaDiaz
Committed Forum Member
WillaDiaz

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:24 am

Dewd lawl i never make a mistake im god

Except for that one time i was racist to jkl and got fired from ET cause he cried his eyes out....

Unless you guys can agree with me that that was not a mistake, but a win.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:19 am

TheCrackTurtle wrote:
I remember when PR's actually had some balls and wouldn't get ban hungry over nonsense. I mean really...harassment? PR's need to grow up and use the ignore list. Same for players.

I'm not sure if PRs are allowed to ignore players because it prohibits them from like helping people. I think they should exercise good judgement and not discriminate though. I mean Kae doesn't help me at all because I got him in trouble for not helping when someone massed my picture. Anyways, I think people kind of need to sack up and stop crying to mom the PR when someone "harasses" them. I understand when people are making shield of players saying like "Alfonso can SMD" (good times bass is a cunt but that fucker is hilarious) and shit like that, but just arguments that end up with me telling someone like Smasher to eat a cock shouldn't even warrant a fucking gag lol. That's the game, if you don't like swear words then turn on your swear filter and look bitchmade for all I care XD.
As for "staff harassing" I don't see a big difference. It's not like you're inhibiting their work (lol PRs working) by pming them saying fuck off.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:03 pm

Tom133t wrote:
This whole game is based on player killing. Not exploring, or teamwork, but destroying other people, hunting noobs, and basically exploiting the freedoms of a PK sandbox. This breeds ill-will amongst the playerbase, most of which are illiterate fucks anyway.

Aren't you tired? Gangsta_kids-1

^Seriously, this is like, 75% of the people that play this fucking game. ^

Most players have no notion of a bigger picture. I've given up on playing the game the way it's supposed to be played, and now I just harass people and get away with things that people don't notice. Fuck it, why not? Era has a whole metagame of cheating and trolling, because it's so easy to get away with.

I have no respect for the staff. I don't think anybody does. They really don't do anything. There's no regular updates, only fucked up attempts to "balance" the game which only remove fun stuff. When's the last time that a new area came out, or a new job, or a new way to play? Era needs more ridiculous fun stuff, but it's not going to get it, because the staff is a revolving door of 17 year old kids who get hired, dick around for three months, and then resign because school/work/butthurt. There's no continuity of government, so to speak. No overarching plan, no design goals. And that's just dev.
What about all the staff abuse that we all hear so much about? "Oh, XXXX spawned ten thousand guns for his friends and banned a crippled kid because he's also gay" or whatever the fuck goes on.

Era (and all of Graal, probably) is most likely going to die within a few years. Whatever. I feel like I'm in an abandoned office building two days before it's set to be demolished. Let's just break shit! Wooo! Kick the walls in, man! Oh, I know, let's shit in the elevators! It'll all be gone in like, a few days man, we can't even get in trouble! WOOOOOOO

That last part... Is almost a little bit depressing.
But we the players aren't helping by standing here. Let's start getting idea's pumping, We can't blame the dev for nothing new if we don't tell them what we want! I feel we need a team specifically for Events/ Holiday / FUN updates. a Side team of good developers willing to create dynamic experiences for the players. Let's do our part. I've recently picked up Gani and started learning scripting. We can look at it as an old abandoned building, or a Building that needs some fund raising to be saved. I know I've got beef with many, many of you. But we can really put forth an effort to save this game that many of us actually grew up with (me being included, have actually played half my life, starting when I was 8.)
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 4:03 pm

I thought long and hard about writing to you, expressing how difficult it would be to assemble even more people to do more work.
Then I thought maybe you should all know how hard it is to find good helpers anyway, by even simple criteria.

And I just knowwww you guys love informative diagrams

Aren't you tired? 6hkl1y

Somewhere down the line...almost everyone fails. Even for those of us who remain, we've probably skirted that nonviable drain once or twice.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 7:50 pm

I so lold on this scoper.
Back to top Go down
Nate

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 8:18 am

"Staff Harassing" shouldn't even be an issue, if you're not mature enough to be able to handle some criticism and some people just plain not liking you, def shouldn't be staff.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBob
Committed Forum Member
MonkeyBob

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 8:29 am

There's a point when criticism goes a bit too far.
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:06 am

Nate wrote:
"Staff Harassing" shouldn't even be an issue, if you're not mature enough to be able to handle some criticism and some people just plain not liking you, def shouldn't be staff.

You're spending time working on a online game that you get paid nothing for.

The amount of times I've heard people say I don't get paid enough to take harassment or rude comments in just a minimum wage job is ridiculous.

Theres no reason it shouldnt apply to this aswell, theres no reason staff should be taking any form of abuse from anyone. Especially when they arent receiving anything for it.
Back to top Go down
Nate

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:59 am

Jess wrote:
Nate wrote:

The amount of times I've heard people say I don't get paid enough to take harassment or rude comments in just a minimum wage job is ridiculous.

Theres no reason it shouldnt apply to this aswell, theres no reason staff should be taking any form of abuse from anyone. Especially when they arent receiving anything for it.

No one is forcing you to keep the job, if you can't meet the expectations then quit, you're not forced to keep the job. It's volunteer work sure, but it also a privilege and you should be held and meet a higher standard. With power there's always resistance if you can't handle that, you're not ment for the job.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:01 pm

I'm with Nate on this one. If you play Era you should really already know that nobody cares about your feelings. Everyone is selfish and a dickhead, so get used to it.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Nate wrote:
Jess wrote:
Nate wrote:

No one is forcing you to keep the job, if you can't meet the expectations then quit, you're not forced to keep the job. It's volunteer work sure, but it also a privilege and you should be held and meet a higher standard. With power there's always resistance if you can't handle that, you're not ment for the job.

Nate, you say that implying we've got handfuls of qualified people just begging to be staff. It's not how it use to be. Sure there's still people begging to be staff, but as for qualified, we really need to hold onto the key staff, exspecially in times like this where multiple just left the team.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:10 pm

Easier to train someone that has the right attitude to do the job than change the attitude of the person that can already do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aren't you tired? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aren't you tired?   Aren't you tired? Empty

Back to top Go down

Aren't you tired?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Era Forum  :: Era Discussion :: Era Community Discussion-