Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Resignation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:07 pm

This is just a thread telling you guys that my adventure on Era has come to an end. I have been staff for over a year now. I hope you have enjoyed the content I have released. Big thanks to all of the player support, and even bigger thanks to my dev team that has helped greatly in the progress of the server. It was a fun run, sadly I cannot stand the environment that I was helping in. The server lacks of leadership and general structure. I took this game as a hobby, to realise that it was almost an obligation to log on. If some of you didn't know, I'm an engineering student and a varsity track and field athlete, so I am already busy as is. Good luck with SR, I have managed to work with the dev team to create alot of quality houses. 1 new quest is complete, didn't complete the second one. Hopefully some people will open their eyes and realise their mistakes.

If you want to keep contact,
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:15 pm

bye blue <3
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:18 pm

again, don't leave
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Scoper wrote:
don't leave
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:31 pm

Sad to see you go Melon, i hope things can be resolved and you come back. The last thing era needs is to lose developers.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
ultimose

ultimose

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Thanks for everything you did for era blue.
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:54 pm

oh fuck. say it ain't so.

good luck with your shit dude. at least play the game every now and again and say hi
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Damn. I think you're Era's best staff member.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:25 pm

You did a great job, and you were the best qualified person for the job as Co-Manager and as my Dev-Admin while I was manager. You will be missed, I'll see you around Era!
Back to top Go down
Logababy

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:38 pm

blue 4 manager
Back to top Go down
Godzilla
Committed Forum Member
Godzilla

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Hmm   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:49 pm

BlueMelon is so over qualified to take on the roll of Management that it has become a laughing matter as to why he hasn't been offered that position.

I'm really disappointed to see you leave the team but at the same time I hope to see some change come from this, how can the higher power just sit back and watch a great dev leave due to a problem that has been addressed time and time again by MANY, MANY players. I agree completely with your reasons for leaving and I'll back it up with this; Era's Dev team was one of the best I have seen it in a long time but due to the "Player Relations" side, that being ANY position that DOES NOT require development, the team has been a really big disappointment, I could name maybe 2 or 3 people upholding positions that they actually deserve (those upholding positions that don't require dev)

All in all, you were a great contribution to Era and I would hate to see that contribution end, good luck in your future, you weren't only a great dev but a great person, one of the few staff to have my full respect.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:10 pm

^^^^^^^

At least his was better than yours. Razz
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:13 pm

Godzilla wrote:
BlueMelon is so over qualified to take on the roll of Management that it has become a laughing matter as to why he hasn't been offered that position.

I'm really disappointed to see you leave the team but at the same time I hope to see some change come from this, how can the higher power just sit back and watch a great dev leave due to a problem that has been addressed time and time again by MANY, MANY players. I agree completely with your reasons for leaving and I'll back it up with this; Era's Dev team was one of the best I have seen it in a long time but due to the "Player Relations" side, that being ANY position that DOES NOT require development, the team has been a really big disappointment, I could name maybe 2 or 3 people upholding positions that they actually deserve (those upholding positions that don't require dev)

All in all, you were a great contribution to Era and I would hate to see that contribution end, good luck in your future, you weren't only a great dev but a great person, one of the few staff to have my full respect.

Manager probably wasn't offered to him because he's said in the past that he didn't want to be manager.

I've noticed that since your cyber-bullying debacle, you've taken it upon yourself to be Era's premiere staff commentator and critic. I would say "don't be that guy," but I'm sure you can't help it.

Era's PR team has a separate reputation than the dev team's. Or at least it does in my book, as should it in everyone else's.
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:20 pm

fiberwire wrote:
Godzilla wrote:

Manager probably wasn't offered to him because he's said in the past that he didn't want to be manager.

I've noticed that since your cyber-bullying debacle, you've taken it upon yourself to be Era's premiere staff commentator and critic. I would say "don't be that guy," but I'm sure you can't help it.

Era's PR team has a separate reputation than the dev team's. Or at least it does in my book, as should it in everyone else's.

I like to think of myself on my own team, Team Jess.

Just like if we judged the community and factored Godzilla into it we'd say the community is terrible!!! Good thing I also put Godzilla on his own special team.

Team cry alot
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:26 pm

I get to be part of Godzilla's team then. We can have Rogue and a few others too.

Blue, I've always thought you were a freaking hilarious guy, and I know that you're going to do good things no matter where you go. You were basically the only person I could contact and say THIS IS BAD AND BROKEN and you would fix it. The whole "pm a pr about it" thing never worked because all the PRs do is provoke you into breaking a rule (say harassment) then punish you for it to the fullest extent. Oh well, nothing we can change about that other than afro

Take care blue, I'll see you around.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla
Committed Forum Member
Godzilla

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:29 pm

fiberwire wrote:
you've taken it upon yourself to be Era's premiere staff commentator and critic. I would say "don't be that guy," but I'm sure you can't help it.

You're completely right, Era's staff team is split into two categories; "Development" and "Player Relation", I have spoken nothing but highly about the "Development" side but the "Player Relation" side is trash and needs a full re-evaluation, I have seen 4 great developers leave over the same problem now, that should be proof enough change needs to happen.

"Don't be that guy" I'm a bit confused as to what you mean, I give the forum constructive criticism, I'm pointing out the flaws because they need to be fixed, this issue has been addressed time and time again, this issue has costed us 4 great devs; Chris, Fewyn, Klayton and now BlueMelon, once and for all we need this issue to be; addressed and fixed.
Back to top Go down
Wolfdaddy

Wolfdaddy

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:32 pm

^ and moondeath. Katbot needs to be crucified.
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:32 pm

Godzilla wrote:
fiberwire wrote:
you've taken it upon yourself to be Era's premiere staff commentator and critic. I would say "don't be that guy," but I'm sure you can't help it.

You're completely right, Era's staff team is split into two categories; "Development" and "Player Relation", I have spoken nothing but highly about the "Development" side but the "Player Relation" side is trash and needs a full re-evaluation, I have seen 4 great developers leave over the same problem now, that should be proof enough change needs to happen.

"Don't be that guy" I'm a bit confused as to what you mean, I give the forum constructive criticism, I'm pointing out the flaws because they need to be fixed, this issue has been addressed time and time again, this issue has costed us 4 great devs; Chris, Fewyn, Klayton and now BlueMelon, once and for all we need this issue to be; addressed and fixed.

Who are you to really judge anyone God? Youve always been a problem on Era. Infact one of the worst players with the worst ban history/jail history going. Sure you smartened up for a couple of months. But as soon as you didnt get what you wanted you reverted back.

So please, tell me what gives you any right to give any criticism. Youve been nothing but a problem to the staff team. All youve ever done is HAMPER AND NEGATIVELY EFFECT the PR side of the staff.

So who the hell are you to judge? When you give the PR side of the staff so many problems. Honestly, think about that.

Just blows my mind when someone like you can complain about the PR side of staff when you've always been one of the biggest problems? How can a lawbreaker complain about the law when they are always breaking it? How can you honestly expect anyone to listen to you and believe what youre saying.

Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:39 pm

Jess wrote:

So please, tell me what gives you any right to give any criticism.

He is a member of the forum, paid to play the game, and was wrongly accused of many things.

I mean, half of the staff, as I said earlier, bullies players by provoking them into breaking a rule then punishing them to the fullest extent. You kind of just did that with Tink from what I hear, which could be wrong, but it's not the first time I've seen things like this go down. Why should people that do that be staff? Oh yeah, because it's graal and nobody cares enough about it to have integrity or honesty or hold themselves to a high standard, not even me.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla
Committed Forum Member
Godzilla

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Jess wrote:
Who are you to really judge anyone

I have played Era from all angles, I have played Era consistently for over 8 years, I have seen EVERY management fail since I joined the Era community following on from my brothers, I may not have the best history but isn't that expected? I matured with this game in my life, hence why I feel obliged to 'judge'. I know wrong from right and correct from incorrect, all you do is come on the forum and say a few words with a few lies to back them up, when did I "revert back when I didn't get what I wanted"? I haven't done anything illegal on Era for YEARS, my latest interactions have to do with YOU jailing me for not just sitting back while staff target, accept uploads of heads that are pictures of myself and loga and bully us but this isn't the thread to ruin, this is blue leaving because of the issue he has with the current "PR" team being the worst I have personally seen in a long, long time.

Don't tell me not to judge when I have seen 6 dev staff members quit because of the issue at hand; Mercy, Vincent, Klayton, Fewynchan, Chris and BlueMelon.

Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:48 pm

Yeah this is getting off topic, should move it to another thread gents. Blue we love you let's not disgrace you with this.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:49 pm

Booger wrote:
I get to be part of Godzilla's team then. We can have Rogue and a few others too.

Please do not use my name in the same paragraph as Godzilla.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
MonkeyBob
Committed Forum Member
MonkeyBob

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:50 pm

Godzilla wrote:
Jess wrote:

I have played Era from all angles, I have played Era consistently for over 8 years, I have seen EVERY management fail since I joined the Era community following on from my brothers, I may not have the best history but isn't that expected? I matured with this game in my life, hence why I feel obliged to 'judge'. I know wrong from right and correct from incorrect, all you do is come on the forum and say a few words with a few lies to back them up, when did I "revert back when I didn't get what I wanted"? I haven't done anything illegal on Era for YEARS, my latest interactions have to do with YOU jailing me for not just sitting back while staff target, accept uploads of heads that are pictures of myself and loga and bully us but this isn't the thread to ruin, this is blue leaving because of the issue he has with the current "PR" team being the worst I have personally seen in a long, long time.

Don't tell me not to judge when I have seen 6 dev staff members quit because of the issue at hand; Mercy, Vincent, Klayton, Fewynchan, Chris and BlueMelon.

I feel obligated to point out that most of those devs left for different reasons.

Chris - Fired by Tim for banning a staff member.
Klayton - Got tired of the game in general.
Fewyn - Finished his projects and no longer had Klayton around so there wasn't much purpose to stay.
Blue/Mercy/Vincent - Same reason.

Other than that, yeah I'm staying out of this one.
Back to top Go down
Logababy

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:58 pm

MonkeyBob wrote:
Godzilla wrote:
Jess wrote:

I feel obligated to point out that most of those devs left for different reasons.

Chris - Fired by Tim for banning a staff member.
Klayton - Got tired of the game in general.
Fewyn - Finished his projects and no longer had Klayton around so there wasn't much purpose to stay.
Blue/Mercy/Vincent - Same reason.

Other than that, yeah I'm staying out of this one.

Chris resigned actually, even posted a thread on this forum about how he had troubles with Katbot, so did Klayton, he didn't get tired of the game, he got tired of the bullshit he had to deal with because of the terrible PR related team, Fewyn finished his project and left because of the same reasons as Klayton, he got tired of YOU and your team, Blue, Mercy and Vincent all left due to your failure of a team, don't try to say otherwise, I have had personal conversations with 5 of the 6.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 6:00 pm

Move to different thread pls
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Resignation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resignation   Resignation Empty

Back to top Go down