Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mines

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MonkeyBob
Committed Forum Member
MonkeyBob

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Mines   Mines EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:10 am

So I was mining earlier and several kids came in my room and attempted to take the room from me after I finished my TNT. This was extremely annoying so I decided to think of a way to prevent this for those who also find this irritating...

Anyways, I thought of making rent-able mine rooms. I know I'm probably not the first one to think of this! But basically how I imagine it working is you walk into a room, like you would as the mines are now. Except in this instance it would take you to a smallish room where there is an NPC that you grab to rent the room (basically the same as renting a mall stand). There's a table behind the NPC where you are able to buy batteries and TNT. Also in the room is 2 processing machines as well as a door in the back of the room that leads to your personal TNT room (40 rocks per room). The levels are made, the system just needs scripting.

Also these rooms will most likely be their own instance, that way there will be an unlimited amount of them.

Side note* - NO we are not deleting the free TNT mines Era currently has. This is just a nice little system that players who want to mine and not be disturbed can use.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:27 am

If you're going to throw all this stuff into 1 spot for a rental fee, then just let us put TNT rooms in our houses. It would accomplish the same thing without the need for a whole new system and bunch of crap that frankly, few people would care to use after the first week.

I mean, I would drop a 50/100k on it if it was added there permanently like another room. Then I can join events mid-tnt and just drop all the crap wherever I want... might actually mine since 90% of the hassle is leaving half-finished TNTs to play events, getting bugged by rock stealing noobs, having to buy X TNT so you're not overweight, running back to the mines after events, etc and sauce.

Also, put back my spar room, you jiggaboos.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:35 am

Rogue wrote:
If you're going to throw all this stuff into 1 spot for a rental fee, then just let us put TNT rooms in our houses. It would accomplish the same thing without the need for a whole new system and bunch of crap that frankly, few people would care to use after the first week.

I mean, I would drop a 50/100k on it if it was added there permanently like another room. Then I can join events mid-tnt and just drop all the crap wherever I want... might actually mine since 90% of the hassle is leaving half-finished TNTs to play events, getting bugged by rock stealing noobs, having to buy X TNT so you're not overweight, running back to the mines after events, etc and sauce.

Also, put back my spar room, you jiggaboos.

This, I'd drop a lot for a mine. Perhaps shells/flowers some day. And my spar room, please?
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:53 am

The_Federov wrote:
This, I'd drop a lot for a mine. Perhaps shells/flowers some day. And my spar room, please?

Shells/Flowers are a different story and require the Gmap.

Mining on the other hand, you honestly sit in one room for hours, why does it really matter where that room is linked to? I don't see any reasoning behind not allowing private mines in homes.

And seriously, those spar rooms bro.
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Mine levels in houses yes! I want, I want!
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBob
Committed Forum Member
MonkeyBob

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:44 pm

We aren't putting mines in houses. It's much less work to make this system than it would be to add a mine to everyone's house. Not to mention this isn't limited to rich players with houses. Anyone can get one. Don't hold your breath on house mines.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:22 pm

MonkeyBob wrote:
We aren't putting mines in houses. It's much less work to make this system than it would be to add a mine to everyone's house. Not to mention this isn't limited to rich players with houses. Anyone can get one. Don't hold your breath on house mines.

Upload level. (You can actually accomplish this on your own to my knowledge)
Create system. (You could never hope to accomplish this on your own)
smh @ much less work.

You don't have to be rich to own a house. Anyone can get one. If not, you can always like... mine normally?

I mean; you up and suggest a brand new system, complete with instances and refiners (why would anyone use a room with 2?) and TNT sellers because some nubs bothered you the one time you mined/played Era. Yeah ok, we've dealt with that for years. Why have rent-able private rooms now (that no one would use, honestly) because you want them, but not purchasable home mine-shafts because everyone else so-far wants them.

If you can give me one legitimately logical argument against it, I'll drop it.
But I don't really think you can... surprise me.

Still smh @muchlesswork, you've yet to do anything as staff. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Fun thought, but it would be possible to create a mine with just a regular sewer hatch or something along the lines of that. Then once you grab it, you would generate a mine to enter based on the level name.

Would anyone be interested in this?
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:20 pm

Another example of Zach's genius at work.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:31 pm

Well, Rogue's got the right idea, players would pay a lot for their own personal mine. The issue I always saw with it was the fact that staff have to be involved with every purchase. If I was to script a level generator to create personal mines so staff didn't have to be apart of every little transaction, then by all means allow mines to be in houses.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:
Well, Rogue's got the right idea, players would pay a lot for their own personal mine. The issue I always saw with it was the fact that staff have to be involved with every purchase. If I was to script a level generator to create personal mines so staff didn't have to be apart of every little transaction, then by all means allow mines to be in houses.

Could this possibly be scripted into a furniture type item? Perhaps even imaged as a mine shaft, then players can purchase it for a fashionable bargain, and then once placed (and activated) it would be installed permanently similar to the Christmas Tree I can't seem to move.

Then you grab it up, and it generates a basic mine extension from the level it is in. Ex: my house is "era_sewerph-house10-" it would be all like "era_sewerph-house10-cave1.nw" (or it might have to add "mines" somewhere in there with how the minerocks/walls work and stuff, I'm not exactly sure)

Basically, it does both the things I said and you said. And if you number the caves maybe people would buy multiple mine shafts for all their friends and shiz.

Dunno, but the gears are working here.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Well, how I would do it is, let's say the level name is "era_sr10-main.nw", it would generate levels with the name "era_present-mine-sr10-main_cave.nw" and "era_present-mine-sr10-main_shaft.nw". The "era_present-mine-" is required at the beginning due to the tiles and it registers it as a mine which allows drilling.

Also, I wouldn't allow it to be exactly like furniture, but you would be able to drop it and pick it up, that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 6:31 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:
Well, how I would do it is, let's say the level name is "era_sr10-main.nw", it would generate levels with the name "era_present-mine-sr10-main_cave.nw" and "era_present-mine-sr10-main_shaft.nw". The "era_present-mine-" is required at the beginning due to the tiles and it registers it as a mine which allows drilling.

Also, I wouldn't allow it to be exactly like furniture, but you would be able to drop it and pick it up, that's about it.

Yeah I figured it needed something for the mining stuff to work.

Sounds legit though, doitt bounce
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 7:06 pm

HEY ROGUE! As for the xmas tree, your just have to click where the actual item is not the image or how ever it works, I think it's somewhere near the top left of the tree. I can place and pick mine up . :O
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:34 am

Rogue wrote:
Tim_Rocks wrote:

Could this possibly be scripted into a furniture type item? Perhaps even imaged as a mine shaft, then players can purchase it for a fashionable bargain, and then once placed (and activated) it would be installed permanently similar to the Christmas Tree I can't seem to move.

Then you grab it up, and it generates a basic mine extension from the level it is in. Ex: my house is "era_sewerph-house10-" it would be all like "era_sewerph-house10-cave1.nw" (or it might have to add "mines" somewhere in there with how the minerocks/walls work and stuff, I'm not exactly sure)

Basically, it does both the things I said and you said. And if you number the caves maybe people would buy multiple mine shafts for all their friends and shiz.

Dunno, but the gears are working here.

You my friend, may have just spawned the idea for the new adding levels to houses. You could do the same thing with spars, storages, ect.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:53 am

Rogue wrote:
Upload level. (You can actually accomplish this on your own to my knowledge)
Create system. (You could never hope to accomplish this on your own)
smh @ much less work.
I don't think you're in any position to accurately measure the amount of work volume required for a certain project. aka you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote :
You don't have to be rich to own a house. Anyone can get one. If not, you can always like... mine normally?
it doesn't matter if houses were only $5. the problem is that they are limited in supply, so personal mines inside of player houses will only effect a certain amount of people.

Quote :
I mean; you up and suggest a brand new system, complete with instances and refiners (why would anyone use a room with 2?) and TNT sellers
yeah who the fuck does zach think he is, being the co-manager and all, trying to suggest a new idea that would benefit a lot of players. he's got some nerve.

Quote :
If you can give me one legitimately logical argument against it, I'll drop it.
I find it amusing that you're asking for logical arguments when you haven't given any yourself. I wasn't aware that you spoke for all of the players on era regarding who will and won't use zach's suggested system.

Back to top Go down
MonkeyBob
Committed Forum Member
MonkeyBob

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:00 am

@ Rogue,

Have you even stopped and looked you your argument? It's pretty hilarious.

Your argument = "Why should you add something that helps all players when you can just add something that helps a select few?"

Fail.

Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:15 am

Tim_Rocks wrote:
Fun thought, but it would be possible to create a mine with just a regular sewer hatch or something along the lines of that. Then once you grab it, you would generate a mine to enter based on the level name.

Would anyone be interested in this?

yeeeeees
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:42 am

Frankie seems mad because his BR levels look like Rachel made them. Trollol.

@Zach
There is already public mines for all the players of Era, it doesn't need a brand new system to allow people to pay money to utilize these rooms privately (ain't broke, don't fix it... Ex: BR; you might ruin it), when you can just let people get their own private ones, no new systems or packed levels with refiners/sellers/shit required.

Your argument was that people annoyed you when you mined, therefore you would pay money to have these rooms be private. Last I checked, my argument was the exact same (save for permanently owned), glad you find your own reasoning hilarious.

@Frankie
He gave no legitimate reasoning behind denying my request other than 'it requires work'. Not surprising, being that he's done nothing in his term as staff. But maybe I thought if you could suggest ideas, you could actually make them. Seems pretty logical if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:18 am

Rogue wrote:
Frankie seems mad because his BR levels look like Rachel made them. Trollol.
that's pretty funny considering I had nothing to do with the new BR.
I don't think you're one to criticize levels though. no offense.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:10 pm

Rogue wrote:
@Zach
There is already public mines for all the players of Era, it doesn't need a brand new system to allow people to pay money to utilize these rooms privately (ain't broke, don't fix it... Ex: BR; you might ruin it), when you can just let people get their own private ones, no new systems or packed levels with refiners/sellers/shit required.

Your argument was that people annoyed you when you mined, therefore you would pay money to have these rooms be private. Last I checked, my argument was the exact same (save for permanently owned), glad you find your own reasoning hilarious.

You started off with two false premises:
1. "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

It is broken.

2. "Your argument was that people annoyed you when you mined, therefore you would pay money to have these rooms be private."

His argument is that instanced mines would benefit a lot of people. The event which prompted this argument was that people annoyed him when he mined.

--
Instanced mines are a good idea. Instanced mines would allow an infinite number of caves without taking up space. There could easily be more than 2 grinding machines, so that argument is invalid. You could even vary the number of grinding machines available in your instance by how much you pay, if you so chose. It could (should) theoretically be free, since there would be no shortage of caves. You'll never run into the problem of not being able to mine because all the caves are taken.
But, most of all, it's fair to everyone, since anyone can access it.

Not only that, but who says having mines in your house and having instanced mines are mutually exclusive? There could be an instanced mine system, and there could be a piece of furniture that you could buy to put in your house which could lead to an instanced mine.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:43 pm

Fiber ruined the troll train of lulz with validity.

Do what he said ok.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:39 pm

Why are you guys arguing? I'm going to do what ever I want regardless of what's posted here anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
Starkmalark

Starkmalark

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:15 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:
Why are you guys arguing? I'm going to do what ever I want regardless of what's posted here anyway. Smile
This is the most accurate thing i've read ever.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:19 am

*a wild big foot appears*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mines   Mines Empty

Back to top Go down