Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I want.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

I want. Empty
PostSubject: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 6:48 am

Parties please.
Back to top Go down
Sinkler

Sinkler

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 7:49 am

More Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Fendi, Prada, Oscar de La Renta, Chanel and...

Oh wait, you meant on Era.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 7:52 am

Booger Scelus wrote:
Parties please.
Please explain why? And just a heads up, I refuse to re-release the old system that we've been using. So make suggestions on how we could improve it as well.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:00 am

My reason is simply that there is no reason there shouldn't be parties. If I must go into detail and actually get off my lazy ass explaining countless reasons why parties were beneficial then just let me know. Otherwise, as far as improvement goes, I suggest that the system be a little bit different than the OLD gang system. Not the paying aspect, but a simple GUI interface with very similar functions of the old. It was never really broken, so why fix it?
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:05 am

I'll give you one, the hell is Era Mafia used for now? Another, if two people are in differnt gangs, and they're friends, and they want to raid together, you should let them. It also add's another reason for competition in raids (Providing that you fix the party info house.)
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:12 am

The_Federov wrote:
I'll give you one, the hell is Era Mafia used for now? Another, if two people are in differnt gangs, and they're friends, and they want to raid together, you should let them. It also add's another reason for competition in raids (Providing that you fix the party info house.)

Raiding should stick with gangs, except for the party houses as mentioned. Things like digging with your friends or having pk parties are now kind of just a hassle due to friendly fire.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:15 am

I think parties should be brought back but they should be a temporary thing like they are on zodiac. so if you do want to get together with friends without worrying about friendly fire, you can. I don't think permanent tags are necessary.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:17 am

Frankie wrote:
I think parties should be brought back but they should be a temporary thing like they are on zodiac. so if you do want to get together with friends without worrying about friendly fire, you can. I don't think permanent tags are necessary.

I'm unfamiliar. Define "permanent tags". Is that like how the gangs are now?
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:23 am

1. You could make it cost money to form parties, a substantial amount so there's not 50 people with different parties running around.

2. Make it 5 member limit, this way you can go with friends and it doesn't rival gangs or anything.

3. Make it so partied groups could attack gang bases.(Maybe an up-gradable system to enable this perk, cost more money. Other ideas could be added to this upgrading.)

I can try to think of some other things?
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:24 am

Booger Scelus wrote:
Frankie wrote:

my bad. I just meant that parties in general shouldn't be a permanent thing, not necessarily the tag. so for example, if you form a party with 4 other friends and then you all log off, the next time you log on there won't be a /party tag. you would have to form a new party. if you've ever played zodiac or any other typical mmorpg game you'd know what I'm trying to say.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:32 am

Frankie wrote:
Booger Scelus wrote:
Frankie wrote:

my bad. I just meant that parties in general shouldn't be a permanent thing, not necessarily the tag. so for example, if you form a party with 4 other friends and then you all log off, the next time you log on there won't be a /party tag. you would have to form a new party. if you've ever played zodiac or any other typical mmorpg game you'd know what I'm trying to say.

This. I know exactly what you're saying now. The party gets destroyed when the last member logs off/removes their tag. either one of the 2.

Shrimps I don't like the idea of them being able to raid gang bases. One of the reasons they were removed I think was because they were "annoying" to raiders. Keep the 2 separate in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:35 am

Booger Scelus wrote:
The_Federov wrote:

Raiding should stick with gangs, except for the party houses as mentioned. Things like digging with your friends or having pk parties are now kind of just a hassle due to friendly fire.

I ment only raid party houses, the competition in raids was for people who are on gang tag, but getting kills for their partys.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:42 am

Booger Scelus wrote:
Frankie wrote:
Booger Scelus wrote:
Frankie wrote:

This. I know exactly what you're saying now. The party gets destroyed when the last member logs off/removes their tag. either one of the 2.

Shrimps I don't like the idea of them being able to raid gang bases. One of the reasons they were removed I think was because they were "annoying" to raiders. Keep the 2 separate in my opinion.
it definitely has an advantage over the old system. with the old system, people who were offline still took up a member slot in your party, so you would have to exclude certain friends from your party.

but with a temporary system, you can party with whoever you want, whenever you want. different friends are going to be online at different times so you can party with certain groups of people whenever you want, and you won't be restricted to certain people.
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:45 am

Booger Scelus wrote:

Which is why they should be expensive so it would be serious people attacking and not noobs bothering everyone.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:55 am

Serious people can just stick to gangs honestly. This promotes more gmap pking not really raiding. Also, I like that idea a lot Frankie. Nick idk if having parties be like that is good or not. That's how they used to be and staff doesnt really want something competing with gangs.
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:58 am

Would be nice if kills/deaths didn't alert everyone in the gang and spam you to hell.
Also if names worked properly.
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 8:59 am

bluemelon said he had a plan for the party system, was it made up or r u gonna tell us how it works?
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:03 am

bloodykiller wrote:
bluemelon said he had a plan for the party system, was it made up or r u gonna tell us how it works?

With this staff team, I'd go with made up.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:09 am

he does. it's not made up.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:10 am

I'm instilling a writ of Tits of GTFO in this case.
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 3:50 pm

Booger Scelus wrote:
Serious people can just stick to gangs honestly. This promotes more gmap pking not really raiding. Also, I like that idea a lot Frankie. Nick idk if having parties be like that is good or not. That's how they used to be and staff doesnt really want something competing with gangs.

Parties are useless. I'll explain why tomorrow, I'm sleepy.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:02 pm

They are pointless, and they aren't, they have a purpose, but it's not really that important. If we allow parties to return then it will destroy the functionality of how gangs are working right now. Right now gangs are forced to be on tag unless they're in an event, which causes raiding to increase since you cannot remove your gang tag to either stop a player from getting a gang kill or even laming, it has it's perks.

On the other hand though, if let's say I wanted to just form a small group of players to do a little killing, or a digging protection group like Booger mentioned, I could, it was fun, but never lasted long.

If I was to allow something like this, I'm thinking we would only allow this to be used by non-gang users, but it would require updates, like perhaps a GUI interface for parties. I know the system isn't broken, but I am all about simplicity. I do not like Graal#, which is why I try and update all systems on Era to use community-names, which is the only reason I'd want a new system. I know it's not a good enough reason for you guys, but it makes everything so much easier for myself, future players, and figuring out who is who and why they're in your party. Obviously I'm not going to remember a Graal#, but I'd sure as hell remember their community-name.

Anyway, discuses.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:22 pm

We already said that it COULD detract from gang activity. On the other hand give this a thought. When gang members don't want to raid they'll mine, try to make money, maybe pk here and there, or they just sit at unstick (this seems to be the most common case). If anything I think parties can provide a bit of an incentive for people to start PKing again. Not all of your friends can be in the same gang, so parties make it a little bit more fun, and less serious like gangs. Since parties will have honestly no incentive such as a points shop or anything, I don't think it will detract from gang play. If a player wants something from the gang shop, they'll raid. If they don't, then they probably aren't raiding unless the leader is telling them to or they'll be kicked. Yes Tim, you are right, the old system won't work and I'd love to see a new system implemented that is quite revised to fit how Era has changed since the removal of parties.

PS, Community Names are the way to go. Fuck all those Graal numbers when doing pay.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:42 pm

Booger Scelus wrote:
Yes Tim, you are right, the old system won't work and I'd love to see a new system implemented that is quite revised to fit how Era has changed since the removal of parties.

PS, Community Names are the way to go. Fuck all those Graal numbers when doing pay.

Well, then I need a solution to the problem. I really don't think allowing gang members to participate in parties would be such a great idea, any non-gang members would be just fine though. We could possibly do something along the lines of a "safety" which allows members of the party to be protected from one another even on gang tags. I don't I'm kind of throwing out ideas here, I want something like this to be able to work, but without detracting from gangs.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:44 pm

I honestly don't think it could be that bad. People without gang tags can't even do damage in bases. Also, having people choose between the 2 would probably also be bad :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I want. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want.   I want. Empty

Back to top Go down

I want.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Era Forum  :: Era Discussion :: Era Community Discussion-