Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Balance has been lost

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Balance has been lost Empty
PostSubject: Balance has been lost   Balance has been lost EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:38 pm

There used to be a balance between businesses. AM and GP were in competition with exactly the same products. DD and DH had solid competition by healing. PT was the only explosive dealer on the server and everyone seemed to dig it (didn't make much money until recently though) but now PT has been given Nitros and Flak ammo and in some cases has made more than Ammo bizzes. What da fack?! also, if you're going to add the best nade to a shop for $15 you should probably change the prices of the shitter nades to below $30....
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Balance has been lost   Balance has been lost EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Booger Scelus wrote:
also, if you're going to add the best nade to a shop for $15 you should probably change the prices of the shitter nades to below $30....

I second that.
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

PostSubject: Re: Balance has been lost   Balance has been lost EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:16 pm

Yes, prices should probably be changed for the grenades in consideration to other businesses that never sell their grenades. Either raise Nitros or lower the Petrol/Napalm.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Balance has been lost   Balance has been lost EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:25 am

I wanted Nitros to be 20 ea, but then I'd be rich(er)... so that's not cool.

Lower the other nades, they never sold anyway.. even when I Co-Owned AM and we first added Napalm they didn't sell.. or in my few weeks Co-Owning GP, only once did Petrols sell.

PyroTech may seem to make more money, but then again the products are all more expensive. However our profit margin is about the same as, or in some cases (prox / flak ammo) lower than other businesses in regards to stocking requirements and the taxes on just about every product.

Not to mention the fact we (me and Kazuya) run it ourselves so money never gets withdrawn for pay, and we just let it build up. So your investigation skipped a few variables.

It seems to be on-par with Gun Point and Ammo Mart from my PoV (calculations/profit margins/etc.)

Although, I own it so... obviously I'm biased.
Hit me up with any concerns eh?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Balance has been lost   Balance has been lost EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:29 am

SpongeBob RoundPants wrote:
I wanted Nitros to be 20 ea, but then I'd be rich(er)... so that's not cool.

Lower the other nades, they never sold anyway.. even when I Co-Owned AM and we first added Napalm they didn't sell.. or in my few weeks Co-Owning GP, only once did Petrols sell.

PyroTech may seem to make more money, but then again the products are all more expensive. However our profit margin is about the same as, or in some cases (prox / flak ammo) lower than other businesses in regards to stocking requirements and the taxes on just about every product.

Not to mention the fact we (me and Kazuya) run it ourselves so money never gets withdrawn for pay, and we just let it build up. So your investigation skipped a few variables.

It seems to be on-par with Gun Point and Ammo Mart from my PoV (calculations/profit margins/etc.)

Although, I own it so... obviously I'm biased.
Hit me up with any concerns eh?

Just lower nade prices in other shops and bingo it's even.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Balance has been lost   Balance has been lost EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:34 am

Adding a 4th food business and adding the drop items legitimately ruined what was an already shitty experience of owning DH/DD.

Really should make the food businesses NPC ran like SP.

And yea, lower petrol and napalm to 15 to match PT.
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Balance has been lost   Balance has been lost EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:38 am

I'll lower the other nade prices later. In terms of food businesses, I don't really know what to do about those now. Maybe cut out their tax?
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Balance has been lost   Balance has been lost EmptySat May 19, 2012 6:40 am

bennyburrito wrote:
I'll lower the other nade prices later. In terms of food businesses, I don't really know what to do about those now. Maybe cut out their tax?
I don't see why not. They barely make money anyways.
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Balance has been lost   Balance has been lost EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:24 am

explosives don't even work properly wtf
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Balance has been lost   Balance has been lost EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:36 am

bloodykiller wrote:
explosives don't even work properly wtf

This.

Proximity mines explode on your player if you strafe backwards away from them.

Claymores rarely explode, even if people run over top of them multiple times, you can even strafe backwards into them (if they're left/right) and they wont explode. Seems to only work if people touch the very side edges, or land directly on-top of it (implying it's on a link zone).

P4s sometimes explode and do nothing. Most commonly when you use the suicide function. Even Benny has experienced this failsauce before.

Trip mines suck, seriously. They do like no damage, people can legit walk over the laser anywhere past the halfway point and the explosion won't reach them. The remote controls for it are pretty rugged too, it explodes them all at once when it should explode them in order of placement every time you press it.

Concussions are nothing but lag and annoyances. They should affect the actual player/character not the user (it is really simple to disable the white screen.. dunno how to stop the pita sounds though). Something along the lines of confusion from PokeMon... allowing them to damage themselves (randomly) and hurt allies with their shots. Also perhaps reducing accuracy tremendously. Or even inverting controls!!

Nitros are the only reliable source of money, which is why PT still isn't really that great.

And don't even start me on the XM25.
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Balance has been lost   Balance has been lost EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:05 am

-Non-PT explosives should have their prices lowered
-Stielhand Grenades should be brought back, even if they're in another business
-Era needs a burger joint
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Balance has been lost   Balance has been lost EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:11 am

Tom133t wrote:
-Non-PT explosives should have their prices lowered
-Stielhand Grenades should be brought back, even if they're in another business
-Era needs a burger joint

We attempted and we're unable to lower the prices at PT due to the tax range, and no one is allowed to touch that except Tim...

I asked Benny, Blue, and Zach.

Stielhands were the worst grenades, ever, seriously, 25dmg and 1 flame, really, no, don't waste your time.

If anything we need less food businesses, not more. Gtfo.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: Balance has been lost   Balance has been lost EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:32 am

You never asked me, but if you did I would say go see benny Smile
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Balance has been lost   Balance has been lost EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:29 am

BlueMelon wrote:
You never asked me, but if you did I would say go see benny Smile

Really? I'm sure I brought it up when you uploaded the new levels.

But even Zach says Tim is the only one who can edit the taxes, so irrelevant.

:3
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Balance has been lost   Balance has been lost EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:18 am

You are getting free money anyway. Quit complaining. Very Happy

However, i still disagree with Nitros being added to PT. Was probably the only thing people spent there EC's on.
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balance has been lost   Balance has been lost Empty

Back to top Go down

Balance has been lost

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Era Forum  :: Era Discussion :: Business Related-