Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Event Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 3:18 pm

Event Suggestions:

1. Share The Love - Everyone is in a room, similar to Ninja LMS, but instead of swords, they have heart shooters, and whoever loves the most people wins.

2. Ricochet - Your goal is to shoot as many bullets without hitting anyone as possible. Everyone gets hit for 1 damage every second. You gain 1 health every time you shoot. If you hit someone, it damages you. Therefore, it would be beneficial to miss as many people as possible and run in front of as many bullets as possible. Last one standing wins. Oh, and everyone starts at the same amount of health.

3. Reversed Control LMS - Left = right, right = left, down = up, up = down. Last one standing wins.

4. Reversed Control Race - ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, but a race instead of ULMS.

5. Stealth Race - A race through an "Army Quest" type area, where there are guards who will kill you on sight that you must avoid. If you die, you start at the beginning. First one to the finish wins.

6.Sharpshooter. (Yes, from Black Ops) Everyone starts with the same weapon, and every 30 or 45 seconds, the weapon switches to a new random weapon. Whoever gets the most kills in a certain amount of time wins.

7. One in the chamber. (From Black Ops again) Everyone starts out with a hand gun, 1 bullet, and 1 health. You get one extra bullet for each kill you get. You get three lives. Last one standing wins.

8. Zombie Survival - Basically, Zombies from Black Ops. You kill waves of zombies, get points for doing damage, buy guns with points, either off the wall, or from a box that gives you a random gun.

Maps are typically set up where players are in a confined space. Zombies spawn outside and break in through windows, which are repairable. When players get enough money they can open up new areas, giving them access to new guns on the wall, and more space to survive the zombies in.

Every few waves, there will be a wave of special zombies. Usually zombie dogs that run faster and spawn in random places near you.
Zombies gain health, speed, and numbers every round.

The last survivor, or the person with the most points wins.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:38 pm

I moved your post from AETA thread and made a new thread. Hope your alright with that, if not i can put it back :3.

Anyways, some nice event ideas in there. I have some nice ideas myself which i'll post up later. Though there isn't enough developers and if there is they are to lazy or not interested in doing anything event related.
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:21 am

Too right KoHo.
Great ideas Fiber I would love doing those events
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:53 am

A big part of era (atleast to me) Is events. We've got the ideas, and we could have the man power if we used it right. Unholy Nation has some pretty fun events, but they've got a smaller staff team designed to work on events, could we possibly do that?
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:19 am

Kohola_KinG wrote:
I moved your post from AETA thread and made a new thread. Hope your alright with that, if not i can put it back :3.

Anyways, some nice event ideas in there. I have some nice ideas myself which i'll post up later. Though there isn't enough developers and if there is they are to lazy or not interested in doing anything event related.

Who are you to say staff are lazy?
For your information, I just finished the boxing event.
Also to add to that, I have made the new outbreak script now just waiting on the levels.

Stuff like events and big scripts don't only take a few minutes to make, they take quite a while to make and test. Before you call a staff member "lazy" or a developer "lazy" think again. New people are in place, whole new dev team.

Event Suggestions JblC3B9kJGXJhG
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 4:46 am

Kohola_KinG wrote:

I'm cool with the new thread. I was actually thinking when I posted it originally, "Maybe I should just put it in a separate thread so people actually see it."
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:26 am

BlueMelon wrote:
Kohola_KinG wrote:

Who are you to say staff are lazy?
For your information, I just finished the boxing event.
Also to add to that, I have made the new outbreak script now just waiting on the levels.

Stuff like events and big scripts don't only take a few minutes to make, they take quite a while to make and test. Before you call a staff member "lazy" or a developer "lazy" think again. New people are in place, whole new dev team.

Event Suggestions JblC3B9kJGXJhG

Who am i to say staff are lazy? I'm Koho, and i'll say whatever the fuck i like. How's that sound. Laughing I should of said majority of staff, i wasn't pointing the finger at you melon. In fact, i was 1 of the people to actually ask why you weren't dev admin already. Now you are and i'm actually happy that you are. I'm talking from experience with the event side of things, i have had to be on peoples back to get shit done and it came to a stage where i actually had to make my own shit.

So from my own experience yes majority staff are in fact lazy.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 6:33 am

@Fiber, Why don't you just play black-ops.

Woo, new events... where's the gang system?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 6:45 am

SpongeBob RoundPants wrote:

I do play Black Ops.

On a related note, why don't you come up with a suggestion?
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:39 am

era needs to delete 95% of it's non-pk events and 30% of it's pk events (maps mostly), then think of new events
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:16 am

Targeted release is this week.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:21 am

He cant take ideas from other things? That's how ideas and things work my friend.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:22 am

Kohola_KinG wrote:

He cant take ideas from other things? That's how ideas and things work my friend.

Exactly, take the ideas from the people that get paid to do that shit
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Some more suggestions:

Minesweeper - players are split into two teams, one team (smaller than the other team, same ratio as guards to convicts in PB) has a minute to set up mines in a field, the other team then has to walk across the field, and try to kill the first team. The mines would obviously be invisible to the raiders.

Parkour Race - a race along roof tops where you have to jump across gaps and climb up things and do flips and stuff.

16 Man Pong Spar - instead of sparring in the traditional sense, you would do it by bouncing a pong ball back and forth. You hit the ball by shooting it with your gun or meleeing it. Hitting your opponent slows him down, making it harder to hit the ball back. If it touches your side, your opponent gains a point. First to 3 points wins.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:35 pm

You have nice ideas Fiber but we have the same problem as we always have. Nobody willing to take these ideas and put them into place.
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:52 am

i think ur best bet is to give the ideas to wil and see if he can convince tim (he probably will since tim is his bitch)
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 2:04 am

bloodykiller wrote:
i think ur best bet is to give the ideas to wil and see if he can convince tim (he probably will since tim is his bitch)

You really hate Tim, it's not like Tim banned you for a month, because another staff made a mistake...
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 2:25 am

Kohola_KinG wrote:
You have nice ideas Fiber but we have the same problem as we always have. Nobody willing to take these ideas and put them into place.

??
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:02 am

The_Federov wrote:
bloodykiller wrote:

You really hate Tim, it's not like Tim banned you for a month, because another staff made a mistake...

he's become a moron lol, now he thinks he's a pro manager so he duznt listen to player's suggestions (as he used to do)
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:34 am

Well, these ideas are nice but impractical, at least for now.
There are other things more important than placing all developmental emphasis on events.

Before acting, I always like to keep a "conservative" yet productive mindset.
In my opinion, I think current events should be given more levels, tiny twists, and etc. before even proceeding to larger additions.

i.e. CTF, Tac Skirmish, MB Royale, etc. All these events are kick-ass awesome, all you need are newer-updated levels.

Perhaps after the gang system ordeal (depending on the success of the bases), some of those concepts can be employed in a more practical manner to events. Since its levels, the amount of developmental effort required shouldn't be as extensive as scripting an entirely new event.

Beyond that, the events will feel like "new", therefore, you've arrived at a result (newer events) with a rational amount of effort.

Just sayin'.
You don't buy a new car because your sound system is outdated.
You buy a new sound system (durr).

For those in the cheap seats:
Replace car with events, and sound system with levels in that scenario.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 7:49 am

BlueMelon wrote:
Kohola_KinG wrote:

??

Am i suppose to reply to this? If you disagree at least put a few words together. Don't give me the ?? bullshit. When i was ETA i couldn't get anything fucking done at all. It was the same for George and others before him. So let's not go there. You are development admin now yes but until you actually take these ideas and put them into place then you'll get credit. But right now, i'm still convinced none of these idea will be taken seriously and done.

If you are saying they will be done, then get started and keep us updated on here. I'll happily let you shove it down my throat. Probably the only way to get shit done.

Anyways. Looking forward to your posts of all the updates.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:09 am

Kohola_KinG wrote:
BlueMelon wrote:
Kohola_KinG wrote:

??

Am i suppose to reply to this? If you disagree at least put a few words together. Don't give me the ?? bullshit. When i was ETA i couldn't get anything fucking done at all. It was the same for George and others before him. So let's not go there. You are development admin now yes but until you actually take these ideas and put them into place then you'll get credit. But right now, i'm still convinced none of these idea will be taken seriously and done.

If you are saying they will be done, then get started and keep us updated on here. I'll happily let you shove it down my throat. Probably the only way to get shit done.

Your always saying "I'll happily let you shove it down my throat." What is it? I think I might enjoy shoving it down your throat some time. HMU.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:19 am

The_Federov wrote:
Kohola_KinG wrote:
BlueMelon wrote:
Kohola_KinG wrote:

??

Your always saying "I'll happily let you shove it down my throat." What is it? I think I might enjoy shoving it down your throat some time. HMU.

I wouldn't expect you to understand or maybe you just don't read things right with that bowl hair cut of yours. scratch
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:27 am

Zeross wrote:
Well, these ideas are nice but impractical, at least for now.
There are other things more important than placing all developmental emphasis on events.

Before acting, I always like to keep a "conservative" yet productive mindset.
In my opinion, I think current events should be given more levels, tiny twists, and etc. before even proceeding to larger additions.

i.e. CTF, Tac Skirmish, MB Royale, etc. All these events are kick-ass awesome, all you need are newer-updated levels.

the lawyer finally said something worthy of notice
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:39 am

Kohola_KinG wrote:
The_Federov wrote:
Kohola_KinG wrote:
BlueMelon wrote:
Kohola_KinG wrote:

??

I wouldn't expect you to understand or maybe you just don't read things right with that bowl hair cut of yours. scratch

No, I just really enjoy shoving stuff down grown mens throats, thats all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Event Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event Suggestions   Event Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Event Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next