Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discussion about what's wrong with the game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Discussion about what's wrong with the game. Empty
PostSubject: Discussion about what's wrong with the game.   Discussion about what's wrong with the game. EmptyTue May 20, 2014 3:28 am

Disclaimer: this is a rant. I'm willing to discuss things with people but my initial post will be a rant. Please post things you feel are wrong with the game so we can discuss and come up with solutions that can then be presented to staff.

AA12, Flak cannon, and Kill Streaks have ruined this game. 1 shotgun pellet should not do as much damage as a .308. There should be balanced counterplay to every weapon, yet the flak has none. Killstreaks are a way for people with good items/guns that can just lame and hold d to keep doing well and to make noobs even more useless then they were. They also encourage running and playing like a pussy.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about what's wrong with the game.   Discussion about what's wrong with the game. EmptyTue May 20, 2014 7:48 am

I thought kill streaks were ment to be bragging rights and not game changing improvements.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about what's wrong with the game.   Discussion about what's wrong with the game. EmptyTue May 20, 2014 7:51 am

Tim_Rocks wrote:
I thought kill streaks were ment to be bragging rights and not game changing improvements.

I understand that it was a good natured implementation, but I don't think it's brought any benefit to the server. Sure you got a high killstreak, but now you have no incentive to stay in fight. Why fight someone and die honorably (what the game used to be about) when you can lame and run so you can get juggernaut or your 15 streak crate (if that's even a thing anymore). They don't promote skill they promote defensive coward like play and encourage laming. Basically they're anti fun.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about what's wrong with the game.   Discussion about what's wrong with the game. EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:57 am

I completely agree, and after I get to a finishing point with drafts I'll touch base on other misc systems to incorporate them into the draft system before it's released.
Back to top Go down
Zelot

Zelot

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about what's wrong with the game.   Discussion about what's wrong with the game. EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:00 pm

The playercount.

In all serious-ness though, I think the game is fine. Maybe tweek some guns, but there's always going to be something wrong. Giving more power back to the players always makes games feel alot more fun, not being so dictated by NPCs. Maybe add more player Businesses and such, although I know it's hard with lower playercount.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about what's wrong with the game.   Discussion about what's wrong with the game. EmptyWed May 21, 2014 1:07 am

You won't increase the playercount with how the gun system is now. There is no competition coming from ak47s when people have aa12s and flaks. You think those kids want to get better and climb their way up a gang and spend countless hours doing boring ass jobs to get good guns just to compete? Lol I'd rather log onto runescape.
Back to top Go down
Zelot

Zelot

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about what's wrong with the game.   Discussion about what's wrong with the game. EmptyWed May 21, 2014 1:47 am

I would say suggest letting new players get a little more to start with, but people would abuse that by just making accounts over and over. Unless you'd give them like, a Famas to start with but it's untradable.

So many of the Erians today are used to these low freeze, fast fire rate weapons I don't think they'd even last a week without them.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about what's wrong with the game.   Discussion about what's wrong with the game. EmptyWed May 21, 2014 5:28 am

Zelot wrote:
So many of the Erians today are used to these low freeze, fast fire rate weapons I don't think they'd even last a week without them.

This is so true, but in my opinion it has ruined the game. I think that shotguns need some tweaking
Someone had an idea about this before and I think it went like this
A shotgun's total damage is X
The amount of damage you take from the shotgun is equal to the number of pellets you took/the total number of pellets multiplied by X (so you'll take a fraction of the total damage unless you get hit point blank)
The problem with this is that it would be hard to script since you get a period of invincibility every time you take damage (btw this is why crizen is overpowered because it doesnt grant you this invincibility) so you dont just die from 100 bullets simultaneously. If it's possible that could work, but at the same time it could still be lame because people would just rush you with shotguns and could kill you in 2 hits-
Back to top Go down
Zelot

Zelot

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about what's wrong with the game.   Discussion about what's wrong with the game. EmptyWed May 21, 2014 5:35 am

They'd get mowed down by people who know how to defensively kite.
It'd add a new strategy to raiding and pking though, bait someone to run from you into a team of shotgunners. I like it ^_^.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about what's wrong with the game.   Discussion about what's wrong with the game. EmptyWed May 21, 2014 5:36 am

Zelot wrote:
They'd get mowed down by people who know how to defensively kite.
It'd add a new strategy to raiding and pking though, bait someone to run from you into a team of shotgunners. I like it ^_^.

Ew more cowardlike play I take back my idea LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about what's wrong with the game.   Discussion about what's wrong with the game. Empty

Back to top Go down

Discussion about what's wrong with the game.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Era Forum  :: Era Discussion :: Suggestions-