Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gang CTF Flag

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Gang CTF Flag  Empty
PostSubject: Gang CTF Flag    Gang CTF Flag  EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:54 pm

For those that play gang CTF can agree that there is a flag issue and rounds take much to long to finish.

What i am asking for is very simple actually. A timer on how long you hold the flag for.

3 minutes counts down from the moment you pick their flag up. Once the time is up the flag respawns back to their base.

It changes it up and makes sure that when somebody is winning they are not all in the one base defending their flag, one of them needs to be at the opposite gang base ready to grab their flag once it resets to ensure the other gang doesn't capture a point on them.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
Godzilla
Committed Forum Member
Godzilla

Gang CTF Flag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang CTF Flag    Gang CTF Flag  EmptyThu May 15, 2014 11:59 am

GF KoHo wrote:
For those that play gang CTF can agree that there is a flag issue and rounds take much to long to finish.

What i am asking for is very simple actually. A timer on how long you hold the flag for.

3 minutes counts down from the moment you pick their flag up. Once the time is up the flag respawns back to their base.

It changes it up and makes sure that when somebody is winning they are not all in the one base defending their flag, one of them needs to be at the opposite gang base ready to grab their flag once it resets to ensure the other gang doesn't capture a point on them.

Thoughts?

Yeah, that shit was always a bitch but it's strategic right? Eventually someone has to make the move, I don't really have an input but the system will work with or without the implementation, It's just all about the time you want to save hosting gang events?
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Gang CTF Flag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang CTF Flag    Gang CTF Flag  EmptyThu May 15, 2014 1:14 pm

Exactly. Time. That is the objective for me. Gang events always last a lot longer these days because of inexperienced people hosting them. I appreciate their time and effort on hosting them of course.

I would just like to simply things by cutting a lot of time out that could be focused in another event. The time it takes to play a game of CTF can sometimes very, very long. Usually always very long.

Without the time limit things can also be a bit unfair at times for some gangs as certain gang members have a bit of a delay and it's harder to register any bullets onto them to capture your flag back. Well, with this flag timer it evens out the chances and makes things a little more interesting. It also gets a lot more battles and rushing to capture the flags. After-all it is called, ''Capture The Flag.'' Not "How Long Can You Hold The Flag".

I believe this to be a good change.
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
TheCrackTurtle
Committed Forum Member
TheCrackTurtle

Gang CTF Flag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang CTF Flag    Gang CTF Flag  EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:12 pm

Gang CTF has always been my favorite gang event because of the pre-game coordination and teamwork within. Koho has a good point though, when both flags are stolen one single game of CTF can extend to over an hour until someone finally gets caught (Rogue).

What if we reduced the flag-carriers speed after a certain amount of time of holding the flag?

Back to top Go down
Godzilla
Committed Forum Member
Godzilla

Gang CTF Flag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang CTF Flag    Gang CTF Flag  EmptySat May 17, 2014 3:54 pm

TheCrackTurtle wrote:
Gang CTF has always been my favorite gang event because of the pre-game coordination and teamwork within. Koho has a good point though, when both flags are stolen one single game of CTF can extend to over an hour until someone finally gets caught (Rogue).

What if we reduced the flag-carriers speed after a certain amount of time of holding the flag?

They would just pass the flag back and forth, the only solution would be an auto-reset timer like Koho suggested.
Back to top Go down
TheCrackTurtle
Committed Forum Member
TheCrackTurtle

Gang CTF Flag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang CTF Flag    Gang CTF Flag  EmptySat May 17, 2014 5:04 pm

Godzilla wrote:
TheCrackTurtle wrote:

They would just pass the flag back and forth, the only solution would be an auto-reset timer like Koho suggested.

Passing the flag would obviously be a dangerous thing to do while defending your base. It would speed up the pace of the event with a crippled flag carrier. And passing the flag would just add to the teamwork involved.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla
Committed Forum Member
Godzilla

Gang CTF Flag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang CTF Flag    Gang CTF Flag  EmptySat May 17, 2014 5:30 pm

TheCrackTurtle wrote:
Passing the flag would obviously be a dangerous thing to do while defending your base. It would speed up the pace of the event with a crippled flag carrier. And passing the flag would just add to the teamwork involved.

Doubt it, highly. It isn't much team work at all; "When you get slower, pass the flag to the closest team mate who isn't in battle" - flag swaps hands a LOT and has no effect.

I remember when I was playing and you would just sit in your/the opposite teams flag room with your/their flag and just waited with 4-5 other guys guarding you until the others could kill the other flag carrier. I would only assume that is still the same occurrence.

If you're going to add anything, the timer is the only viable answer and solution until someone spits out another idea but I'm pretty blank on this one.
Back to top Go down
TheCrackTurtle
Committed Forum Member
TheCrackTurtle

Gang CTF Flag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang CTF Flag    Gang CTF Flag  EmptySat May 17, 2014 7:59 pm

Godzilla wrote:
TheCrackTurtle wrote:

Doubt it, highly. It isn't much team work at all; "When you get slower, pass the flag to the closest team mate who isn't in battle" - flag swaps hands a LOT and has no effect.

I remember when I was playing and you would just sit in your/the opposite teams flag room with your/their flag and just waited with 4-5 other guys guarding you until the others could kill the other flag carrier. I would only assume that is still the same occurrence.

If you're going to add anything, the timer is the only viable answer and solution until someone spits out another idea but I'm pretty blank on this one.

I swear to god everything you post makes no sense at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gang CTF Flag  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gang CTF Flag    Gang CTF Flag  Empty

Back to top Go down

Gang CTF Flag

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1