Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Money Making

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Money Making   Money Making EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 7:03 am

There are multiple money making schemes that are useful to new players, but I think they could be better. Mining is by far the best in the long run, trash picking in the short run. Things like fishing, digging, and even flower picking are near useless and those things aren't being improved upon or updated because "we have too much money in the economy" staff tells me.

Yeah there's a lot of duped money but you guys are just looking at the amount of cash not WHO THE FUCK HAS IT.

Noob wants to play, can't make enough money because there aren't means for them to be competitive economically with other players who have either USDed, got lucky betflipping, or made their money legit. Now because of the spawned money they aren't given an efficient way of making money due to the fact that there is already so much money.

Think of it this way staff. All the duped money that you guys are trying to get rid of is mainly on the accounts of that one guy who spawned it all. It's not really in the hands of the general populace, yet you're taking the money from the general populace to try and counteract that money. It doesn't really matter that this guy now has ridiculous sums of cash. You look at all his accounts and make sure he's not selling it for USD (basically if he trades it for free to someone else then kind of obvious here) or giving it away (basically just reverse any trades of high sums of cash or if people gain ridiculous amounts then reverse it and say BAD DONT DO THAT ANYMORE)

You're crippling new players because some dick spawned a bunch of money, which isn't going to solve the problem. Whoever duped or spawned the money doesn't care about items, so auctioning shit off to get the money out of the economy isn't targeting the right fucker, it's just making everyone poor and greedy.

Buff the money making stuff so that noobs can make money. If people are already rich and can merch/pk/get money other ways they're not going to take the time to trash pick or mine, that would be just silly. Even if they did, what's the problem? Now they can buy more shit from shops or whatever.

Thoughts? Please correct incorrect statements I made and feel free to discuss
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Making   Money Making EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 7:45 am

I was playing this game when George Bush was still in his first term as president, and I am broke as shit in Era. There really isn't a great way to make money, unless you want to spend dozens of hours playing a shitty mini-game and retroactively undoing any sex you may have had in the past. Make it better.
Back to top Go down
WillaDiaz
Committed Forum Member
WillaDiaz

Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Making   Money Making EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:38 am

You gotta get creative in your money making schemes...
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Making   Money Making EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 10:45 am

No comment.
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Making   Money Making EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:18 pm

Increased money supply leads to inflation of everything, straight up. You can ask fidel, he's kind of a dick about secret recipes but he's good with numbers.

So I mean..yeah it's great for noobs who need new guns, but then rare items become worth insane $$$$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Making   Money Making EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:24 pm

That's true, but at the same time if you got rid of these "rare" guns (isn't that shit already in shops and stuff? meaning there is a cap to the price?) then what's the problem with it?
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Making   Money Making EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Booger wrote:
That's true, but at the same time if you got rid of these "rare" guns (isn't that shit already in shops and stuff? meaning there is a cap to the price?) then what's the problem with it?

at that point you may as well remove all money from the game because it becomes worthless.
which might be fun.
Back to top Go down
Nate

Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Making   Money Making EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:08 pm

Scoper wrote:
Booger wrote:

at that point you may as well remove all money from the game because it becomes worthless.
which might be fun.

Oh no... an even playing field...what would Era come to?!
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Making   Money Making EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:08 am

I've always said putting every gun in the shop AND making jobs pay a lot more would do a lot to ease up on the barrier to entry.

But only one of those has ever happened.

basically, those two combined would convert the main currency of era to cash instead of guns, and with jobs paying more, it would be less of a grind to get good weapons.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Making   Money Making EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:39 pm

for the millionth time, focus on making the game fun and enjoyable and make it easier for new players and players overall to obtain weapons.

who
cares
about
the
economy
no
one

when have you ever picked up a game because of it's economy?
Back to top Go down
DooM NCR

DooM NCR

Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Making   Money Making EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Frankie wrote:
for the millionth time, focus on making the game fun and enjoyable and make it easier for new players and players overall to obtain weapons.

who
cares
about
the
economy
no
one

i agree. give the jobs such as mining, trashpicking, etc more easier to make money. You have to spend 30 minutes with mining lv80 to get about 10k. ok thats nice but how long does it take to get to that level? im still at lv 22 and i played for years on this account. it takes half a day to a full day to make 10k. you think any noob, let alone a normal player, wants to spend that time mindlessly doing that? i sure as hell dont. gotta remember that there are the few of us on era that have a life as well. i came to the point where im just trading items for greater priced ones by "lying". thats how i went from the 900k in account worth, up to the 1.7 or so mill in account worth now. but era shouldnt be saying that people should do this just to make money. why not make it easier to level up in jobs or something? you guys already fucked up buisnesses with your daily giveouts and auctions. im a manager at pyrotech and i can tell ya now that this weeks stock logs in the computers there are low as fuck. sure we have miners stocking and all but we hardly have anyone buying items now. no one has cash to spend and the items that they would usually buy, they get for free now. show a little mercy to your players era.
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Making   Money Making EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 8:13 am

Frankie wrote:

who
cares
about
the
economy
no
one

I USD on EvE and Runescape.
Economy is king.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Making   Money Making EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Yeah, I never really understood the point of taking money out of the economy.
All of the prices are fixed, so there's no real threat of inflation. Unless of course you add one-of-a-kind guns into the economy to take money out, but really, who's dumb enough to do that? ;P
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBob
Committed Forum Member
MonkeyBob

Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Making   Money Making EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 3:44 pm

fiberwire wrote:
All of the prices are fixed, so there's no real threat of inflation. Unless of course you add one-of-a-kind guns into the economy to take money out, but really, who's dumb enough to do that? ;P

BlueMelon
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Making   Money Making EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 9:52 am

MonkeyBob wrote:
fiberwire wrote:

BlueMelon

And apparently the current management team
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBob
Committed Forum Member
MonkeyBob

Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Making   Money Making EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 10:11 am

Booger wrote:
MonkeyBob wrote:
fiberwire wrote:

BlueMelon

And apparently the current management team

True that yo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Money Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money Making   Money Making Empty

Back to top Go down

Money Making

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum