Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Try me" option in shops.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zelus Zalinto

"Try me" option in shops. Empty
PostSubject: "Try me" option in shops.   "Try me" option in shops. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:00 am

Since new content is being released and new items are being put in shops, why don't we have an option which lets you "try" the weapons or "try on" the hat of your choice. TBH, this would help me decide whether it would be worth buying that item if I could try it for a certain period of time. Nothing too ridiculous like 30 minutes but something like 5 minutes then that item is taken away from you and put back into the shops?

Hope you all agree! Razz
Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

PostSubject: Re: "Try me" option in shops.   "Try me" option in shops. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 12:53 pm

Agreed 100%. Would be a very useful thing to have.

Especially with the new hats.

Good one! elephant
Back to top Go down
ultimose

ultimose

PostSubject: Re: "Try me" option in shops.   "Try me" option in shops. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:07 pm

could this be something that has a cool down, so people just don't keep on coming back and not pay for it
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: "Try me" option in shops.   "Try me" option in shops. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:15 am

There already is a "Try Me" feature, it's staff only at this time.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: "Try me" option in shops.   "Try me" option in shops. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:19 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:
There already is a "Try Me" feature, it's staff only at this time.

Yeah but it would need a time limit or something like they're saying to work for player use.
Something like 5 minutes for a hat every 6 hours and 10 minutes for a gun every 24 hours might work. or like 30 minutes max for guns total so they can't just go to the gun store in sr and use all 6 guitars for an hour Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: "Try me" option in shops.   "Try me" option in shops. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:50 pm

Or just keep it contained to a large room with targets. If the player leaves, the gun is removed.
Back to top Go down
ultimose

ultimose

PostSubject: Re: "Try me" option in shops.   "Try me" option in shops. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 3:09 pm

Tom133t wrote:
Or just keep it contained to a large room with targets. If the player leaves, the gun is removed.

I actually mentioned an idea like that to zach, and I think this would be an awesome idea.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: "Try me" option in shops.   "Try me" option in shops. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 3:24 pm

ultimose wrote:
Tom133t wrote:

I actually mentioned an idea like that to zach, and I think this would be an awesome idea.

I think it has some merit, but I'm not sure it holds enough to make it useful. You don't pk by shooting moving targets and very seldom do your targets not shoot back at you.
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: "Try me" option in shops.   "Try me" option in shops. EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:46 am

make it so that u can try a hat/gun only in the level where it's sold
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: "Try me" option in shops.   "Try me" option in shops. EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:42 am

Gun range, basically let any player use the gun simulator inside a controlled level.

Could have a spar in there with more costly revives, or charge 50$ per spar.. or just like 1k to get access the range for a day.

Idk.

Hat shops should have a changing room where u can try on any hat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: "Try me" option in shops.   "Try me" option in shops. EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 1:54 pm

I'll look into it, I was already going to do the "Try Me" stuff, just never got around to it.

As for a hat shop, probably wouldn't be hard to just add a GUI that displays your character with the hat on. No need to actually give you the item in that situation.
Back to top Go down
Zelot

Zelot

PostSubject: Re: "Try me" option in shops.   "Try me" option in shops. EmptyTue May 20, 2014 7:55 pm

It'd take alot of the player's power away from merching, having pre-determined thoughts about a gun. It's the same reason I don't like how alot of the guns are in shops now, but the Pawn is a big part of a gun always being a certain price.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Try me" option in shops.   "Try me" option in shops. Empty

Back to top Go down

"Try me" option in shops.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Era Forum  :: Era Discussion :: Suggestions-