Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Make use of the Dev server.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Make use of the Dev server. Empty
PostSubject: Make use of the Dev server.   Make use of the Dev server. EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:17 am

Here I go crying again, consider yourself warned.
Almost every day I see a dev or a gfx or someone "working" on something on the main server, which either leaves it useless for the time being or gets in the way of what I'm doing. I'm pretty sure this is exactly what the DEV server is for. I know you guys don't want to have to update scripts on both dev and main, but honestly it can't be that hard to just script everything on dev then copy exactly what you did to main. It's annoying when I can't do the things I'm trying to do or some Dev is doing something ridiculous that breaks something else or keeps me from having fun.
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

PostSubject: Re: Make use of the Dev server.   Make use of the Dev server. EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 8:41 am

I remember being really reallypissed because they hired a certain someone to the dev server to help develop some cool stuff.
This was p.recent. I haven't asked if other people got hired

Edit: also I guess the person I was thinking of quit because they weren't allowed to be powerhungry.

The flowchart claims another victim
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: Make use of the Dev server.   Make use of the Dev server. EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:25 pm

anyone who's worth anything can make updates to the live server without fucking shit up. I wouldn't call this a problem not using the dev server but amateur coding Rolling Eyes

they can always make a separate weapon/class/npc to work on just for themselves then later paste the new (hopefully working) code to the live weapon without any issues.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyBob
Committed Forum Member
MonkeyBob

PostSubject: Re: Make use of the Dev server.   Make use of the Dev server. EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:52 pm

Frankie wrote:
anyone who's worth anything can make updates to the live server without fucking shit up. I wouldn't call this a problem not using the dev server but amateur coding Rolling Eyes

they can always make a separate weapon/class/npc to work on just for themselves then later paste the new (hopefully working) code to the live weapon without any issues.

This.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make use of the Dev server.   Make use of the Dev server. Empty

Back to top Go down

Make use of the Dev server.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Era Forum  :: Era Discussion :: Suggestions-