Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WillaDiaz
Committed Forum Member
WillaDiaz

A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! Empty
PostSubject: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 1:59 pm

I know this seems mad crazy and for stupid people only (C'mon, everyone who plays this game are virtually tards) But WHAT IF there was a USD marketplace, ya kno, couple cents for a neat tier 1 gun, couple dollars for a neat tier 2 gun, couple double digit dollars for a tier 3 gun! Woohoo!

Let me EXPLAIN before you CRY...

So yeah some of you, well let me come out with a list (Godzilla, TK, Seth, and various other rich people) will completely disagree cause they actually worked for that. BUT YOU CAN MAKE MONEY. C'mon, that team fortress game does it (never played it but saw a marketplace for it). And various other games. This could significantly boost the playerbase if people can just find a gun to buy. This won't be open to overloading on guns because players supply the quantity of items going out. Of course staff could periodically sell new guns and skins and help their development. Stefan would totally get onto this idea of he can make some legit money.

Wooht. Fight me son.
Back to top Go down
WillaDiaz
Committed Forum Member
WillaDiaz

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:01 pm

I SAID FUCKING FIGHT ME ASSHAT.
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:02 pm

It violates the global ToS.
To be able to do anything like that, you'd have to convince unixmad to agree to allow it.

Do you even know how impossible that is maaaaan
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Play to win.
Pay to win.
Win to fail.
Back to top Go down
WillaDiaz
Committed Forum Member
WillaDiaz

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Scoper wrote:
To be able to do anything like that, you'd have to convince unixmad to agree to allow it.

Dude they must be terrible bussinessmen to turn down to good cash. C'mon, over 100 guns to collect and most activity is spent idling at unstick waiting for that moment to happen. Want more PKing? Make it a profitable income to give an easier route to acquire weapons, iOS apps do that all the time, I always find myself giving my $0.99 for a upgrade or extra cash to get around the mundane parts quicker and enjoy it more.

But if they are all rule abiding non shifting asshats who clearly are not in any form jewish, i'll go run to the Life of Dead forum and offer them this idea while they are still new and need a great business money making opportunity.

PDHDAHASD
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:21 pm

WillaDiaz wrote:
Scoper wrote:

Dude they must be terrible bussinessmen to turn down to good cash. C'mon, over 100 guns to collect and most activity is spent idling at unstick waiting for that moment to happen. Want more PKing? Make it a profitable income to give an easier route to acquire weapons, iOS apps do that all the time, I always find myself giving my $0.99 for a upgrade or extra cash to get around the mundane parts quicker and enjoy it more.

But if they are all rule abiding non shifting asshats who clearly are not in any form jewish, i'll go run to the Life of Dead forum and offer them this idea while they are still new and need a great business money making opportunity.

PDHDAHASD

Man, I completely agree that it would be cool for graal if it was setup right (and era was reset).
They just won't, is all I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:25 pm

Tom133t wrote:
Play to win.
Pay to win.
Win to fail.

Chant it with me.
Back to top Go down
WillaDiaz
Committed Forum Member
WillaDiaz

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:27 pm

no
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:44 pm

so the gelat shop, with guns
Back to top Go down
WillaDiaz
Committed Forum Member
WillaDiaz

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 2:49 pm

BlueMelon wrote:
so the gelat shop, with guns

No the gelat shop is a rip off.

Don't pay for global game currency (gelat packages, $5 for 400, 30$ for 128372190gelats) to purchase in a global gelat shop. You insert your debit/credit card info or various other means of payments (paypal), fill into some sort of wallet, and say "Dual Deagles: $0.98" People can purchase that stuff, trade their items for other items and USD via that window, it's much more user friendly and feels more like a community than the gelat shop just being THERE for your monthly subscription.

Staff can host different special items, according to season, holiday, or just various new things, for prices, their should be a max quantity sold for each item of course so it's not overdosing on the server. Once the ball is rolling players will be selling their used items for USD or other in-game items, simple, and gives you more time to do the thing everyone wants to do, PK. Oh and also you guys can create add ons for weapons, silencers, ammo cap, some guns have say 0/1 available space to add on, others could have up to 4 available spaces to add on. These can be worth on the dime to the dollar. New skins, which should be insanely easy to make on a 2D game, so we will have a abundance of unique things going on at a good profit.

Last edited by WillaDiaz on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:05 pm

USD Spawned Items
Back to top Go down
WillaDiaz
Committed Forum Member
WillaDiaz

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:10 pm

Booger wrote:
USD Spawned Items

The spawned weapons profits are not for staff's use, but for the company and graal's use. Could be funneled to pay staff though, usual way business works. All the money you make in the marketplace is there to stay for the market place. You can't take it out and put in your wallet. So whatever money you inject into that marketplace is for you to use, not for you to make an actual profit from.

So say i allow my wallet to take 15 bucks from my account at that time. I purchase a 15 dollar tier 3 weapon, then there could be a tax, part of it goes to the company, the other part goes to the other person's account so they can purchase their own items with the remaining cash.

Forever never ending profit DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:16 pm

Phone Capitalizes Every WordFucking Piece Of Ahit. Anywho, I'm Saying There's Nothing Keeping A Staff Member Who Had Spawning Rights To Spawn, Sell, Make USD, Bounce, Then Never Give A Fuck
Back to top Go down
WillaDiaz
Committed Forum Member
WillaDiaz

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:22 pm

Booger wrote:
Phone Capitalizes Every WordFucking Piece Of Ahit. Anywho, I'm Saying There's Nothing Keeping A Staff Member Who Had Spawning Rights To Spawn, Sell, Make USD, Bounce, Then Never Give A Fuck

Like i said, the USD you make in the marketplace isnt up for grabs to your checking accounts or whatnot. It's all locked into the market, what goes in doesnt come out.
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:36 pm

WillaDiaz wrote:
Booger wrote:

Like i said, the USD you make in the marketplace isnt up for grabs to your checking accounts or whatnot. It's all locked into the market, what goes in doesnt come out.

then the USD becomes a valueless second currency and there's no reason to set up a system like this.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:02 pm

Scoper wrote:
WillaDiaz wrote:
Booger wrote:

then the USD becomes a valueless second currency and there's no reason to set up a system like this.

Dat
Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:32 am

Staff already USDing to Players.

No need for this.

Hate on. elephant
Back to top Go down
WillaDiaz
Committed Forum Member
WillaDiaz

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:41 am

So the only reason to have a currency system like that is to have a way to make money in the real?

There is no way you will ever be able to deposit your currency from a game into your own account. Just can't happen. You'd end up setting up a direct deposit, and other legal actions will be had.

You put in the money to fuel your wallet to purchase stuff. No wasting going on.

And staff USDing other players is "so last year". Have not really heard of many cases of doing such, and that's the illegal route.

The value will be what you have to purchase in game content. It's like you guys never saw in game purchases before for certain items.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:12 am

like the gelat shop
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:29 am

BlueMelon wrote:
like the gelat shop

Like blue said.
A non refundable secondary money system exists within gelats. If you're arguing to make these tradeable, well then yeah whatever.
If you want a currency system where you inject usd into a wallet and cannot take it it, you are effectively creating a second type of gelats.

Additionally, some games with two-way use currencies ( you can take usd out) that I know of: entropic universe, second life, diablo III

On iEra you can buy guns with rl dollars.
Everyone that doesn't do it hates it. Everyone.
Back to top Go down
TheCrackTurtle
Committed Forum Member
TheCrackTurtle

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:27 am

Guns in the gelat shop = More money for developers, more motivation to work, less mining/flowers for noobies, increased playercount? sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:36 am

TheCrackTurtle wrote:
Guns in the gelat shop = More money for developers, more motivation to work, less mining/flowers for noobies, increased playercount? sounds good to me.

I just want to know how they're going to pay developers. You'd have to make like employee contracts right? Or kids would just get the job then dip.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:07 pm

Booger wrote:
TheCrackTurtle wrote:

I just want to know how they're going to pay developers. You'd have to make like employee contracts right? Or kids would just get the job then dip.

I'm guessing it's a pay by deliver type of thing? Like, pay them after completing a project? With an agreed apon payment before, and a possible bonus for doing beyond expectations? I've seen people do it before, and if it weren't for our small player base/ fear of change, those servers would be hosted today.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:19 pm

Staff on graal cannot receive any gain outside of the game client for their effort and work. Even the admins on iphone, they get paid in gelats, not money.
I read this somewhere, maybe in the graal TOS, idk.
Back to top Go down
TheCrackTurtle
Committed Forum Member
TheCrackTurtle

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:26 am

Good developers generally get away with spawning and USDing a few guns here and there if their work outweighs the harm. J

So heads up to the young developers who want to find an incentive to work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!   A USD Graal Era (TM) shop! Empty

Back to top Go down

A USD Graal Era (TM) shop!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Era Forum  :: Era Discussion :: Suggestions-