Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant Empty
PostSubject: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:45 am

Here's an idea for a new weapon to add to Era.

The Mosin Nagant is older Soviet infantry rifle. It's got a bolt-action, a five round internal magazine, and is chambered for 7.62x54R. The design dates from 1891, and the Mosin Nagant was used in both World War I and World War II. It was eventually replaced by the AK47, but it still sees use on the battlefield in shithole countries to this day. I own one, and it's a tough, accurate, loveable rifle (though quite cumbersome). My rifle literally probably killed nazis.

New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant 89054555

In the context of Era, I think that this would be somewhere around a low Tier 2 gun. The 7.62x54R round is devastating and kicks hard, so I imagine it would a high damage output, but also a high freeze. Not to mention the limited ammo capacity and reload time (stripper clips, not magazines). In real life, these rifles are available cheaply (mine was $180, I believe?), because they were manufactured by the millions and were built to last.

So, new gun?
Back to top Go down
WillaDiaz
Committed Forum Member
WillaDiaz

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:33 am

Only 180? Damn, this one guy was selling semi ak47s for around $1100, 180 is damn cheap for any firearm.
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:39 am

WillaDiaz wrote:
Only 180? Damn, this one guy was selling semi ak47s for around $1100, 180 is damn cheap for any firearm.

What type of AK? A lot of the price has to do with which company manufactured it. If you get a Wasr, they're half that price.

But yeah, Mosins are pretty cheap (assuming you get the standard-issue version. Scout versions with a scope cost a lot more).
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:44 pm

I don't like this idea at all. Already have a lot of high damage weapons out there and most of them don't get used. This will just replace the mk14 or whatever is the top tier and fuck up the gun stats even more.
The rebalance was basically perfect, then staff decided to add in guns that were ridiculously overpowered and "rare" to take money out of the economy. lel.
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:03 pm

Booger wrote:
I don't like this idea at all. Already have a lot of high damage weapons out there and most of them don't get used. This will just replace the mk14 or whatever is the top tier and fuck up the gun stats even more.
The rebalance was basically perfect, then staff decided to add in guns that were ridiculously overpowered and "rare" to take money out of the economy. lel.

It wouldn't be over-powered. Actually, probably weaker than a neo rifle. But with a bayonet XD
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:10 pm

I like this gun idea. Cool
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Yeah, to compensate for the low stats, it should have a bayonet-jab melee attack. With a bayonet on it, this thing becomes a terrifying goddamn spear.

New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant Mn-with-bayonet

It's sooooooo stabby, man. And the bayonet also works as a flat-head screwdriver.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:32 pm

Okay that seems kinda cool, but then you're making melee weapons useless because why have a melee weapon when you have one that shoots.
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:45 pm

could just make it a shitty melee
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:49 pm

Yeah, like 20 or 21 damage.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:16 pm

The very fact of running and shooting the kids with this gun is awesome. Plus with the bayonet makes for a awesome finish kill.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:07 am

Booger wrote:
Okay that seems kinda cool, but then you're making melee weapons useless because why have a melee weapon when you have one that shoots.

Like the Samurai sword?
Derp.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:17 am

Shuriken suck dick doe
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:20 am

Who's to say the Mosin Nagant wouldn't suck dick doe?
It hasn't even been made yet.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:28 am

Just from memory, I've never seen a NEW gun suck dick or not be competitive with other guns of the same tier.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:09 am

era doesn't need more weapons. the novelty of new guns wears off in like a week, and it just makes balancing more and more complicated. also the whole idea of rare weapons to "drain money from the economy" is such a ridiculous tactic that doesn't do the server any good.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:10 am

Frankie wrote:
era doesn't need more weapons. the novelty of new guns wears off in like a week, and it just makes balancing more and more complicated. also the whole idea of rare weapons to "drain money from the economy" is such a ridiculous tactic that doesn't do the server any good.

Wasn't that what they tried to do with the navy, souizen, p2ks, etc?
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:16 am

Booger wrote:
Frankie wrote:

Wasn't that what they tried to do with the navy, souizen, p2ks, etc?
I have no idea.

I never understood why everyone thinks auctions are good for the economy. all it does is change a dollar value into an item.
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:58 am

I'm bad at economics, but..doesnt that have to do directly with money supply and buying power?

If there is 1mil on era, every 1k counts. If there's 399mil, even a mil doesn't do much.

That is, I assume, why they try to keep the amount of money on era to a minimum.
Otherwise hyperinflation, which would be much harder for newbies to acclimate to.

Thinking auctions are the magic bullet go to by, though...hmm
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:00 am

Scoper wrote:
I'm bad at economics, but..doesnt that have to do directly with money supply and buying power?

If there is 1mil on era, every 1k counts. If there's 399mil, even a mil doesn't do much.

That is, I assume, why they try to keep the amount of money on era to a minimum.
Otherwise hyperinflation, which would be much harder for newbies to acclimate to.

That being said, players that buy an item like the Tenac guitar for like 2 mil at auction are extremely unlikely to sell it for less. Everyone's trying to make a profit since most players are greedy and don't want to spend time in the mines.
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:35 am

Booger wrote:
Scoper wrote:

That being said, players that buy an item like the Tenac guitar for like 2 mil at auction are extremely unlikely to sell it for less. Everyone's trying to make a profit since most players are greedy and don't want to spend time in the mines.

Dats why I left my cryptic hmmmmmm sir
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:22 am

Scoper wrote:

True, except for when everything has a fixed price and is in a shop by a (basically) unlimited amount. Sure, with 2mil, you're more willing to "overpay". But still. You're not going to pay more than 350k for a BAR that is 350k in shop. nah I sayin? Having 500mil in the economy just makes auctions more interesting where there is no "price limit."
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:55 am

Blame Blue XD
He's the one who has been auctioning off all these x-of-a-kind weapons.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:14 am

fiberwire wrote:
Blame Blue XD
He's the one who has been auctioning off all these x-of-a-kind weapons.

Last time I auctioned a x-of-a-kind weapon was the pimp stick and original tenac guitar
unless someone else goes by the name of blue
you have mistaken...
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:28 am

Oh, my mistake. So, who would you say is responsible then, Blue?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant   New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant Empty

Back to top Go down

New Gun Suggestion: Mosin Nagant

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Era Forum  :: Era Discussion :: Suggestions-