Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More Ranked Spars

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DooM NCR

DooM NCR

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 8:54 am

Ive noticed we have only one rank spar. why not 2 or 3? that one spar room gets full of people at times and the wait becomes a pain. maybe duplicate that rank spar rooms level and make a new level with it. maybe even add obstacles in that new spar for more challenge. i dont see any spars in era with obstacles in it. i think it would be fun. maybe have a spar with a rocky ground like in the mines and have a few boulders for obstacles on the field. maybe even add a 2v2 spar. pair up with ur friend against 2 others. this kind of stuff would make sparing sound alot more fun to do. i barely spar on era. its the same old thing all the time. a boring spar room doing the same thing. its why i only pk outside now and never spar. it just gets dull after awhile. <--- this is my opinion
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 10:00 am

Its rarely every full. And if it is, thats a good thing.
Back to top Go down
DooM NCR

DooM NCR

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 10:38 am

BlueMelon wrote:
Its rarely every full. And if it is, thats a good thing.
what about the idea for a spar with obstacles in it?
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 11:18 am

You think spars are boring because you always lose and you suck. If you want spars with obstacles then ask the ET to host LMS or ULMS and put up the obstacles. Sparring isn't meant to be a crazy PK experience. It's there to test your skill and precision in an environment where nothing can get in the way (except lag hue hue hue). It's a test of skill 1v1, so obviously you're going to lose.
Back to top Go down
DooM NCR

DooM NCR

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 12:48 pm

Booger wrote:
You think spars are boring because you always lose and you suck. If you want spars with obstacles then ask the ET to host LMS or ULMS and put up the obstacles. Sparring isn't meant to be a crazy PK experience. It's there to test your skill and precision in an environment where nothing can get in the way (except lag hue hue hue). It's a test of skill 1v1, so obviously you're going to lose.
hmmmm is that why u always lose to me??? i suck soo much and yet u still lose to me. i guess that means u suck even more than me xDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Think whatever you want haha. If you want to have one last go where we both put all our items on the line I'm down. Perma ban v perma ban? sounds pretty fair right?
Back to top Go down
DooM NCR

DooM NCR

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Booger wrote:
Think whatever you want haha. If you want to have one last go where we both put all our items on the line I'm down. Perma ban v perma ban? sounds pretty fair right?
Sounds pretty stupid if u ask me. hahaha!!!
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Yeah man why bet on something you're certain to lose? Sounds like something you would do.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 4:07 pm

It's good to see the ranked spar flooded with people. I don't think we need another rank spar, i feel like we need a new update to the rank spar system. /sparstats Could add, ifyou get so much spar wins, you unlock certain spar weapons. Just we things like that could make it a bit more interesting and get more people involved in sparing.
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
DooM NCR

DooM NCR

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 4:42 pm

Kohola_KinG wrote:
It's good to see the ranked spar flooded with people. I don't think we need another rank spar, i feel like we need a new update to the rank spar system. /sparstats Could add, ifyou get so much spar wins, you unlock certain spar weapons. Just we things like that could make it a bit more interesting and get more people involved in sparing.
ya something to make it more interesting. ive lost interest in it awhile ago on my other account. its like "ohh u wanna spar? why? just fucking pk u dumb shit". why not spar points. make it like gang points where u can cash in ur points
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:42 pm

Sometimes I think you guys are gonna want login points, and idle points.

If you don't like sparring, do something else. We..really shouldn't have to add in 30 incentives for you to do something.
It's been around since Era's inception, and people have been doing it, since Era's inception.

That being said, I'd like to see a second ranked spar as well. When you have a queue of 10 people,
it would help.
Back to top Go down
DooM NCR

DooM NCR

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Scoper wrote:

If you don't like sparring, do something else. We..really shouldn't have to add in 30 incentives for you to do something.
It's been around since Era's inception, and people have been doing it, since Era's inception.

That being said, I'd like to see a second ranked spar as well. When you have a queue of 10 people,
it would help.
im glad u agree with the 2nd spar. but no. i just want something a little new to spice things up. u know?
Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:12 pm

We don't need anything to "spice it up". Like, (forgot the name) said.. People has been sparring since the very first beginning, and will always do.

But yeah, a 2nd spar room (ranked) could be unlocked if the 1st one gets X amounts of queue or something?

elephant
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:27 am

Scoper wrote:

it would help.

Why because we want new content added to the spar complex? Isn't that what games are suppose to do. Maybe if you where to spar Scoper, you would find that it's becoming boring as hell and not many people sparing. I remember when there was always someone in there sparing and now it's a rare occurrence.

What is wrong in adding new content to the /sparstats system? Nothing, we need to encourage sparing and get more people involved. You will find if people can become better at sparing, they'll start to pk more = more gang activity, more people playing PK events etc. It helps many things, believe me.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:48 am

They added that water knife spar and everyone was like nah this is dumb. Maybe because it's so perverse, but yeah it hasn't been touched. I think maybe adding incentives would be a good thing, but then you have to consider how easily it could be abused. Take the gang system. On free gold month (like after classic or something released?) there were so many noob accounts that allowed people to basically farm points. Savage even logged in on like 5 accounts, put them in his ULMS level in his house then just killed them for hours to get points, ecs, and rcs. If the spar system gets incentives this will undoubtedly happen and people are gonna get banned.

Anyways, I would be bored with sparring too if I was 19 wins for 220 losses DooM.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:57 am

Booger wrote:
They added that water knife spar and everyone was like nah this is dumb. Maybe because it's so perverse, but yeah it hasn't been touched. I think maybe adding incentives would be a good thing, but then you have to consider how easily it could be abused. Take the gang system. On free gold month (like after classic or something released?) there were so many noob accounts that allowed people to basically farm points. Savage even logged in on like 5 accounts, put them in his ULMS level in his house then just killed them for hours to get points, ecs, and rcs. If the spar system gets incentives this will undoubtedly happen and people are gonna get banned.

Anyways, I would be bored with sparring too if I was 19 wins for 220 losses DooM.

I appreciate the effort and the idea with the water knife spar but it didn't work out as they would of liked it, but hey! At least they tried. That's what i love seeing, it doesn't matter if things fail, at least the effort was there behind it!

There is an easy solution to that then. If you kill the same guy more than 5 times per say after that you don't get points or whatever you may earn for a limited time. Just like a forum, you have to wait 10 secs before you can re post to cut out the spamming. There is always ways around it.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 4:34 am

Water knife spar is just for people who want to practice their water knifing skillz before going out in the ocean to kill players or sharkz
It wasn't really meant to be an active spar lol just a unique spar (like what they had in the past)
Back to top Go down
WillaDiaz
Committed Forum Member
WillaDiaz

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:47 am

If i call sharks do i get the shark meat?
Back to top Go down
DooM NCR

DooM NCR

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Booger wrote:

u do know that 30 of those loses r actuall losses. the rest of the 200 r from practicing with mercy lol. u can ask him if u want. but no ur just gonna use that since its the only thing u have Wink
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:47 am

Yeah I mean since you refuse to betspar or spar me I guess I just have to go by the stats you have and the fact that whenever we're both full health on gmap I trash the living shit out of you.
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:30 am

add small spar stats (which are already avaibale if u say :stats in the small spar) and let the winner of the spar stay in like in ranked spar
Back to top Go down
suwooo

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:52 am

add a ranked spar with 200 ms as the lag limit
Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:07 am

suwooo wrote:
add a ranked spar with 200 ms as the lag limit

Stop crying and man up like everybody else.

Only thing we are allowed to cry about is the Australian lag. / Stefan himself.
Back to top Go down
suwooo

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:19 am

how is that crying? lol i swear half of these kids are retarded irl
Back to top Go down
Pro

Pro

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:17 pm

suwooo wrote:
how is that crying? lol i swear half of these kids are retarded irl

More Ranked Spars 23327446
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More Ranked Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Ranked Spars   More Ranked Spars Empty

Back to top Go down

More Ranked Spars

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum