Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Assistant Event Team Admin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sethq77

Assistant Event Team Admin  Empty
PostSubject: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:57 am

As most of you know the AETA was fired. So I'm going to be looking for a new AETA and probably hire some new ET's

Also I'm looking for NEW event idea's and event coin items.

So if you have any idea's please speak up!

Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:06 am

Please think of something original and not the same boring crap.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:18 am

Events Item pawn shop. Makes it so you can enjoy events items but pawn them back for 1/2 the ECs you paid (round down on odd numbers) would totally trash flak, bow, flamer, and other EC item prices which is smart. Make the game more about real guns and shit idk. Also, snowball wars in the fuckin snow resort. Each team's base has a certain amount of health and your goal is to destroy their base. maybe as the base takes damage certain entrances/exits cave in and become unusable. Players respawn much like KotH. Tweak to your liking
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:00 am

So when do i become ETA again? Twisted Evil

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:02 am

If you dont mind seth, what was he fired for?
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:18 am

Don't mean to break the obvious.

But considering i was ETA a few years back.. and the system has become even more automated than 4 years ago.

Why do you need an assistant ETA?

Your, or i should say the ETA"s job is generally to give EC's to ET's, to monitor the ET's time online and to hire more ET"s and bring forth new event ideas.

In what sense would it require you to have an Assistant?

Thats where staff jobs get out of line... You don't need an assistant for every staff job. All that turns into is "set my friend up for a staff position when i quit/get fired". IMO

Last edited by *Jess on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:33 am

*Jess wrote:

But considering i was ETA a few years back.. and the system has become even more automated than 4 years ago.

Your or i should say the ETA"s job is generally to give EC's to ET's to monitor the ET's time online and to hire more ET"s and bring forth new event ideas.

Thats where staff jobs get out of line... You don't need an assistant to every staff job. IMO

Respect for this statement, but if for instance seth needs to go on vacation or something or will be unavailable for a certain period of time due to educational or occupational reasons, this clearly states who will take charge while he is absent. Also, if give everyone an idea of who will succeed him in this position and gives training to his successor so that when Seth does decide to step down or is fired, the players of Era aren't stuck with an incompetent or inexperienced leader in the Events department. There are other reasons as well, just thought I'd name a few.
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:40 am

Booger Scelus wrote:
*Jess wrote:

Your or i should say the ETA"s job is generally to give EC's to ET's to monitor the ET's time online and to hire more ET"s and bring forth new event ideas.

Thats where staff jobs get out of line... You don't need an assistant to every staff job. IMO

Respect for this statement, but if for instance seth needs to go on vacation or something or will be unavailable for a certain period of time due to educational or occupational reasons, this clearly states who will take charge while he is absent. Also, if give everyone an idea of who will succeed him in this position and gives training to his successor so that when Seth does decide to step down or is fired, the players of Era aren't stuck with an incompetent or inexperienced leader in the Events department. There are other reasons as well, just thought I'd name a few.

Those are valid reasons.

But if you look at it like that, it's really a matter of... its not a big deal.

If seth was to go on vaccation like I'll use myself as an example you give a few extra EC's out and you tell a higher staff member that you might need to look after the ET's.

ET"s don't have a huge power or anything special. Infact as i've said, they have less to do now and less power than years ago. The whole system is automated to the point where ET's are becoming less and less important.

The whole problem with ET"s atm and always kind of has been... Is it's a giant friend invite to higher power. Shoving in assistant jobs where it isn't needed only allows the Head of the job to become lazy and not do his job.

In all, the Head ET"s job is to be blunt, fucking easy as hell. Requiring no assistant what so ever as there is nothing to assist with.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:44 am

Quote :

Those are valid reasons.

If seth was to go on vaccation like I'll use myself as an example you give a few extra EC's out and you tell a higher staff member that you might need to look after the ET's.

ET"s don't have a huge power or anything special. Infact as i've said, they have less to do now and less power than years ago. The whole system is automated to the point where ET's are becoming less and less important.

The whole problem with ET"s atm and always kind of has been... Is it's a giant friend invite to higher power. Shoving in assistant jobs where it isn't needed only allows the Head of the job to become lazy and not do his job.

In all, the Head ET"s job is to be blunt, fucking easy as hell. Requiring no assistant what so ever as there is nothing to assist with.

I agree with everything you're saying. It's just easier to have an assistant so when the time comes you don't have to have special arrangements made. Is it necessary? Hell no, just makes it easier for staff to do their job. It's like Asst. PRA, probably the most experienced guy out there other than the PRA so people ask him what to do and he knows.
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:48 am

Booger Scelus wrote:

Quote :

Those are valid reasons.

I agree with everything you're saying. It's just easier to have an assistant so when the time comes you don't have to have special arrangements made. Is it necessary? Hell no, just makes it easier for staff to do their job. It's like Asst. PRA, probably the most experienced guy out there other than the PRA so people ask him what to do and he knows.

I could go on about a PR assistant aswell. I think the PR's job is probably just as easy as the ETA"s.

Really think back 4 years ago, did you have all these assistant jobs to every fucking staff position? No? I don't know how this trend started but things worked fine back then. There's no reason you need an assistant to sit by you and pick your nose while you do nothing.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 10:19 am

I know where you are coming from Jess. It isnt necessary to have an assistant ETA but it's very helpful.
When you arent around he can give out EC's. Yes other staff can do it, only the Manger/co-manager/PSA which you dont really see around alot, and when they are they are either to busy or not intrested.

As an ETA you receive alot of tickets and it's always helpfull to have your assistant handle them.

Gang events, you cant expect the ETA to always be online to host them. So it's very helpful to have your assistant for backup. Yes, other staff can do them but that isnt their job and they probably arent intrested anyway. You cant expect a normal ET to host gang events, half of them dont know what day it is.

Also, an assistant is always nice to have around to help keep the events team motivated and helps keep an eye on what's going on.

Like i said, it's not necessary to have an assistant, but it's very very helpfull.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:08 pm

It would be pretty cool a ETA that could Dev a little...
I have a new outbreak script ready and tested, just need to levels to make it a go.

And no I'm not using the old lame levels...
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:10 pm

BlueMelon wrote:
I have a new outbreak script ready and tested, just need to levels to make it a go.

I would of banged you out a few levels, though i dont work there anymore and i hate outbreak Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:46 pm

BlueMelon wrote:

I can whip something up.

I don't think sending you a random level is going to work the best :/

Send me a PM on how you improved Outbreak and ill mold the level to take advantage of it.

Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 2:15 pm

*Jess wrote:
BlueMelon wrote:

I can whip something up.

I don't think sending you a random level is going to work the best :/

Send me a PM on how you improved Outbreak and ill mold the level to take advantage of it.

Good shit thanks for being so willing to help out Jess!!!!
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:47 am

Well, who is the new assistant events team admin?
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:24 am

Kohola_KinG wrote:
Well, who is the new assistant events team admin?

Whoever the Seth's best friend is.

I mean that in a joking way, but at the same time it's most likely true.

Edit: To no shocking avail! One of Seth's good friends is AETA.

Back to top Go down
sethq77

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:24 pm

Just so you guys know I didn't hire blackboy because he was my friend he was the most experienced ET to choose and he knows 90% if not more of the event's. I tested him this Thursday in gang events and he didn't even mess up once. Everyone I have hired all have made applications and were hired for a reason people who didn't make it got fired.. I don't hire people because they are my friends. Plus blackboy isn't the set and stone AETA I'm seeing how he handles the position.

Nas was fired because he was just not the right guy for the job. He was rude to everyone he start more fights with other players then players did with him... He just couldn't handle the Job.

BlueMelon I'm sorry I can't LAT but that's why we are supposed to have LATs on era.. Not saying I shouldn't help but I don't know how to LAT so there for I kinda can't sorry :/. I was going to have a LAT hired just for Event's but don't have anyone to do it who is actually good.
Back to top Go down
sethq77

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Oh and one of the reasons why there is a assistant ETA is because there's gangevents twice a week, so the AETA host's one I host the other. So if I do go on vacation there is someone who know's how to host gang events can do both. If I didn't have an assistant then other staff would have to do gang event's and give ETs ECs and all that witch is not there job to do.

Koho if you wanna be the event team LAT just let me know your always welcome <3.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:17 pm

sethq77 wrote:
Oh and one of the reasons why there is a assistant ETA is because there's gangevents twice a week, so the AETA host's one I host the other. So if I do go on vacation there is someone who know's how to host gang events can do both. If I didn't have an assistant then other staff would have to do gang event's and give ETs ECs and all that witch is not there job to do.

Koho if you wanna be the event team LAT just let me know your always welcome <3.

Thanks, but ive been there and done that. Maybe i will make you a few levels here and there when i'm not doing other things.

I'm waiting for Tim to make me PSA.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
sethq77

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:49 am

Hahahaha Alright well offers always there..
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:40 am

sethq77 wrote:

That is a good reason and i was talking to Blackboy and he seems really nice actually.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:20 am

I actually hired blackboy back to the events team because he's a good ET. I knew he was quite immature but i was working on that.

If he's now the AETA and matured.

Thank you every1,thankyou Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assistant Event Team Admin    Assistant Event Team Admin  Empty

Back to top Go down

Assistant Event Team Admin

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Era Forum  :: Era Discussion :: Event Related-