Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Point Shop: Healing crates

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Point Shop: Healing crates Empty
PostSubject: Point Shop: Healing crates   Point Shop: Healing crates EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 2:05 am

Hey, I added healing crates to the personal point shop.
Basic Healing Crates: Healing capacity of 250 (10 Points)
Medium Healing Crates: Healing capacity of 350 (20 Points)
Advanced Healing Crates: Healing capacity of 500 (30 Points)

Point Shop: Healing crates H2Hqy

Anyone can grab these healing crates so make sure you use them cleverly. People can also destroy them by meleeing them so watch out!
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Point Shop: Healing crates   Point Shop: Healing crates EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:06 am

That's a pretty cool feature. I see strategic uses for this, mostly in allowing a gang to entrench themselves in a base much better. You should add some sort of droppable obstacle that enemies will have to melee through, but limit them to one per base at any given time, so defenders have to strategically block off doors and create choke points.
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: Point Shop: Healing crates   Point Shop: Healing crates EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:11 am

BlueMelon wrote:
Hey, I added healing crates to the personal point shop.
Basic Healing Crates: Healing capacity of 250 (10 Points)
Medium Healing Crates: Healing capacity of 350 (20 Points)
Advanced Healing Crates: Healing capacity of 500 (30 Points)

Point Shop: Healing crates H2Hqy

Anyone can grab these healing crates so make sure you use them cleverly. People can also destroy them by meleeing them so watch out!

Beautiful addition as always, Blue.
However, please make sure to monitor is because I fear the amount of health is puts out is a bit excessive, especially the 500 one.
However, since anyone can grab it, that may not be an issue.

Either way, perhaps you should add a few limiters:

Maybe an individual can only drop one every 3 minutes (if they live that long).

Also, perhaps disabling them in events as well.

All I can think of for now, but just keep an eye because some things arise as time progresses.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Point Shop: Healing crates   Point Shop: Healing crates EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:28 am

This gave me an interesting idea. What if we did the something like this with placing capture points anywhere in a base. Whoever captures it gains control of the base doors and if the owner of the base captures it for 10 mins total it destroys itself.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: Point Shop: Healing crates   Point Shop: Healing crates EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:03 am

Tim_Rocks wrote:
This gave me an interesting idea. What if we did the something like this with placing capture points anywhere in
a base. Whoever captures it gains control of the base doors and if the owner of the base captures it for 10 mins total it destroys itself.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Point Shop: Healing crates   Point Shop: Healing crates EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:08 am

Since the crates already have a function to determine an owner (When destroyed it says 'You killed ___'s Crate!'). Why not add some personal and gang-only crates with the same effects that cost a bit more points.

Ie:
Personal Healing Crate: Capacity of 300 (25 points)
Gang Healing Crate: Capacity of 500 (35 points)

Otherwise, they're cool.

@Tim's Idea:

I could foresee that, if there wasn't set zones in place, players could easily do some lame stuff like dropping the zone in a little corner or the elevator.

So, I'd like to see something a bit simpler to be honest. Why not just throw a capture 'Zone' into the bases, then sell gang Banners/Flags in the point shop. You drop down the banner in the capture zone, and gain control of the base. Banner has X health, and when destroyed it goes back to the original gang/becomes capture-able by other gangs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: Point Shop: Healing crates   Point Shop: Healing crates EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:15 am

That could be an idea yea. (Gang & Personal)

@offtopic
That would be cool. Kinda like a "headquarter" type game play in COD. The capture point could change every like 10 mins or so?
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Point Shop: Healing crates   Point Shop: Healing crates EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 11:38 am

I was simply thinking of dropping a capture point anywhere in approved places in the base. Obviously elevators would be a bad spot. And anyone who places it by a doorway is an idiot, the capture point could be destroyed or captured by another gang.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Point Shop: Healing crates   Point Shop: Healing crates Empty

Back to top Go down

Point Shop: Healing crates

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Era Forum  :: Era Discussion :: Gang Discussion-