Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Era Hospitals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 5:20 pm

Okay, so I've been thinking about how Era works when you die. Right now, almost 80% of the time when I die, I'll usually say unstick me to go back to the hospital. So I was thinking of adding a hospital to unstick to replace the event house. Now one of the pros of me doing this would be implementing a system that would allow you to choose where you go when you die. This means I could choose to re-spawn at the original hospital or be at the one at unstick me. Some of the Pros of this would include being able to spread things across the gmap easier and players would actually go to it due to how easy it is to get there. So this means I could possibly put a base on the snow island for maybe a Russian style gang and players would still be able to get to it just as easily as they would to get to the Black Holst gang base.

Now I already know some of you will just tell me this is a horrible idea. Your reasons could be something like, but that could make the system flawed and getting across the map would be easier. Well, since everything is some what focused on the unstick me anyway and when I die, I'm almost always going to say unstick me, it really doesn't matter. There might as well be a hospital at unstick me, so why not put one on both islands, keep the one where it is and make a selection mode that appears when you die allowing you to choose which hospital you want to respawn in.

Now the reason I'm not just doing this is because I want it to be discussed first and maybe find some reasons against doing this.

Also this is almost guaranteed to happen, and will be released after the gang update.
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Guys, i want your approval on this.

It's going to happen, but I want to hear how awesome it is.
If you disagree, because I know you will, your reasons are dumb. look! i can refute them allll
Did i mention it i'm going to do it anyway, but by my good graces, i'm waiting for your approval?

shut the fuck up, man.

by the way great idea.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Scoper wrote:
Guys, i want your approval on this.

It's going to happen, but I want to hear how awesome it is.
If you disagree, because I know you will, your reasons are dumb. look! i can refute them allll
Did i mention it i'm going to do it anyway, but by my good graces, i'm waiting for your approval?

shut the fuck up, man.

by the way great idea.

lol, that was pretty good. It's going to happen unless someone can prove me wrong, as in a major flaw with idea. Right now, no ones providing anything, so It will most likely happen.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:32 am

So when we die we get to choose where we go?
Sweet, then I don't have to worry about sinning.

But seriously, this is just cause you want to use those islands that ended up being useless since the concepts never followed through.

The only problem I can see, is people killing themselves or letting others kill them as a instant method of transportation. Why buy cars, skateboards, helicopters, or even use your arrow keys / the improved trains when you can just die?

Do it and see how it works out, I could be wrong if you execute it correctly. Who knows?

Speaking of transportation; where are our boats?...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Jess
Committed Forum Member

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 4:49 am

Lower the healing rate in hospitals

Move one or add one to unstick.

Upping the heal times in the hospitals will stop people from just rushing out of the hospital.

Also should lock patients inside a hospital room till fully healed to stop the constant rushing out of unstick me.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 8:51 am

Well, players who die almost always tend to say 'unstick me' anyway, so I figure what the hell? Anyway, let's be honest, not sure if you guys noticed, but you can't drive a car on water anyway.
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:11 am

*Jess wrote:

Upping the heal times in the hospitals will stop people from just rushing out of the hospital.

Also should lock patients inside a hospital room till fully healed to stop the constant rushing out of unstick me.

Jess' idea is great, don't ignore it.
Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:51 am

Scoper wrote:
*Jess wrote:

Jess' idea is great, don't ignore it.
Like a Star @ heaven

I won't.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:00 am

Sounds cool, but by the time I get full HP, I already have waited my 15 seconds, anyone with above 110hp (I think) waits long enough, good idea, but, how useful? unless a large amount of players leave the bed prematurely healed I see no reason for the second hospital.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:05 am

Well this would allow us to expand a little and make the GMAP more useful. We could spread things like gang bases apart more and they would actually be raided.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:24 am

Wouldn't that just push more focus onto Avant? Wouldn't making multiple unstick options be more practical? I don't support having more than one unstick me, but I feel that it would work better for raiding all bases, than hospital being at unstick.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 12:59 pm

I don't think you understand, if you can choose which hospital you go to when you die and the hospitals are very close to a gang base then it's the same basic concept of saying 'unstick me'. We don't need multiple unsticks.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:
I don't think you understand, if you can choose which hospital you go to when you die and the hospitals are very close to a gang base then it's the same basic concept of saying 'unstick me'. We don't need multiple unsticks.

Yeah each of the idea's works Fed. This way is much better for raiding because then you can just basically run out after you die to go raid (Like people used to do at Shunwu) I like the idea. Makes the gmap much more accessible and easier to get around. Who gives a fuck about Skateboards and Cars anyways. If they feel left out then make more events using them and have them hosted so the ideas weren't in vain. Also Tim, go suck Destructo414's dick to give you the scripts for trunks in cars or get Emera or a dev to do it. Fuckin genius idea right there that would make cars more useful than they ever were. As far as a hospital at unstick me, kind of unnecessary since you can heal at any of the hospitals then just unstick. This is kind of like Zod in a way, where you can set where you want to respawn or unstick to.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Lol? I don't need to ask someone for their script to add trunks to cars. It can be easily added, I'm sure. Something to consider for the next car update.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:55 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:
Lol? I don't need to ask someone for their script to add trunks to cars. It can be easily added, I'm sure. Something to consider for the next car update.

Exactly, why ask for something that's already done what we can put off until tomorrow and half ass it.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Booger Scelus wrote:
Tim_Rocks wrote:

Exactly, why ask for something that's already done what we can put off until tomorrow and half ass it.

It is done? It's not that hard to add it to the car and make it accessible while the player is in the car. Maybe they push T for trunk to load the locker?
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:
Booger Scelus wrote:
Tim_Rocks wrote:

It is done? It's not that hard to add it to the car and make it accessible while the player is in the car. Maybe they push T for trunk to load the locker?

Brilliant. Do it son.
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:07 pm

Well, ignoring every post that occurred after the initial one here, I still believe this idea is no way an expansion of the GMAP.

Quite the contrary, it actually SHRINKS and SEPARATES the gmap into tiny components, alleviating the new for several functions such as, a car, skateboard, train and etc. These effects are rendered by the ability to warp (rather than walk/drive/train) to any sector of Era and go to your desired location (which is in close vicinity) within seconds.

This idea is the conceptual equal of your previous idea, placing everything around unstick me. This idea was flawed because it minimized the gmap and disallowed for exploration (alleviating the need for the previous functions listed).

Reviewing these two concepts, what is the difference? In the first, you warp to an area with your desired location. In the second, you warp to an area with your desired location. What changed?

In summation, both ideas possess the same EXACT weaknesses and exhibit no beneficial aspects excess of newbs being able to get to the mines or beach without dying (which still isn't full proof).
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:18 pm

great idea: would make the game a lot more fast-paced, especially for raids near unstick me. do we really need the gmap to be equally used? since era duznt have a lot of players and most r afking it's better to have everyone close to unstick.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 4:14 pm

Well, The way I see it:

Multiple Hospitals:
Pros:
-You can get to the raid faster

Cons:
-You have to build multiple hospitals
-You have to die to go where you want

Multiple Unsticks:
Pros:
-You can go where you want without dying
-People will be spread across the GMAP in different unsticks/towns rather than just transiently running from hospital to gang base, dying, and running back again.

Cons:
-You have to build multiple unsticks (probably not as involved as building a hospital)
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 5:24 am

fiberwire wrote:
Well, The way I see it:

Multiple Hospitals:
Pros:

Cons:
-You have to build multiple hospitals
-You have to die to go where you want

Multiple Unsticks:
Pros:
-You can go where you want without dying
-People will be spread across the GMAP in different unsticks/towns rather than just transiently running from hospital to gang base, dying, and running back again.

Cons:
-You have to build multiple unsticks (probably not as involved as building a hospital)

an idea i had to make SR houses more accessible was to make a command (i.e. "unstick me sr") which brings you to a different location, this could also be implemented for an island base or anything of the sort...make it a PK only area though or people will just idle there like at unstick lol
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:25 am

bloodykiller wrote:
an idea i had to make SR houses more accessible was to make a command (i.e. "unstick me sr") which brings you to a different location, this could also be implemented for an island base or anything of the sort...make it a PK only area though or people will just idle there like at unstick lol

I feel like people would just camp the spawn with a Lightsaber or proxy mine and P4 if it was a PK zone.
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:42 am

fiberwire wrote:
bloodykiller wrote:

I feel like people would just camp the spawn with a Lightsaber or proxy mine and P4 if it was a PK zone.

oh yeah lol..well you could make a system where the base is like 10seconds from the warper, and after you warp you have 3 or 5 seconds in which you can't infilct or take damage
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:35 am

bloodykiller wrote:
fiberwire wrote:
bloodykiller wrote:

oh yeah lol..well you could make a system where the base is like 10seconds from the warper, and after you warp you have 3 or 5 seconds in which you can't infilct or take damage

Or just make the 2x2 tile square that you warp to a no-pk zone. XD
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:30 am

fiberwire wrote:
bloodykiller wrote:
fiberwire wrote:
bloodykiller wrote:

Or just make the 2x2 tile square that you warp to a no-pk zone. XD

ppl would still idle there xD 1 on top of the other
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Era Hospitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Era Hospitals   Era Hospitals Empty

Back to top Go down

Era Hospitals

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Era Forum  :: Era Discussion :: Era Community Discussion-