Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Base Comments/Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

New Base Comments/Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:43 am

Please post any comments/suggestions about the new VorteX base here. The other bases will be fairly similar with different themes and somewhat different layouts, so I want to see if any changes should be made to those before their release.
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 2:42 am

bennyburrito wrote:
Please post any comments/suggestions about the new VorteX base here. The other bases will be fairly similar with different themes and somewhat different layouts, so I want to see if any changes should be made to those before their release.

I like it, but it needs some polish!

Polish as in making certain areas wider and other areas more appealing.
Back to top Go down
TheCrackTurtle
Committed Forum Member
TheCrackTurtle

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:26 am

Too many barrels exploding everywhere, kinda laggy because of it. Other than that, pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:03 am

Pretty awesome.

I feel like the inside elevator (not the one that goes to the roof) takes too long to let you push the button.

Oh and there's no way to get out without breaking down a door. I feel like that added something to the old BH base. Like those moments when you could tell someone was going to run and you ran to block them.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:15 am

I like the "You can't leave this level within 15 seconds of being hurt" idea from AV. When Godzilla would get to 1 hit he would just run away with his vagina lips flapping, kind of annoying.
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:22 am

Booger Scelus wrote:
I like the "You can't leave this level within 15 seconds of being hurt" idea from AV. When Godzilla would get to 1 hit he would just run away with his vagina lips flapping, kind of annoying.

Usually when i have Godzilla to 1 hit i'm running myself to go get more ammo. lolez
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:27 am

The elevator button has a 5 second sleep-time to prevent it from being bugged or to keep one guy from sitting there pressing the button. Since it takes about 3 seconds to move from point to point, it isn't really a major problem since there is also a secondary route.

For fire lag, you can toggle back to the old Fire anis, which create much less lag because they don't include particles, to do so go to the options wrench > display & effects tab > check off the last option of 'Fire Display'. The barrels are strategically placed to make it harder to defend or lame one position, and also harder to invade an area that is being defended, you have to actually think (WHOA!!) when you're pking now and use them tactically to your advantage.

The problems I see are a few of the lights that could be centered, and the V's in the carpet are right next to each other, move one of those to the heal room rug. Also the 15 second damage links need to be added to the two exits, this would make the problem of 'doors at every exit' pretty obsolete anyway, so just do this fix for all the bases. Mostly aesthetics though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:15 am

SpongeBob RoundPants wrote:
The elevator button has a 5 second sleep-time to prevent it from being bugged or to keep one guy from sitting there pressing the button. Since it takes about 3 seconds to move from point to point, it isn't really a major problem since there is also a secondary route.

For fire lag, you can toggle back to the old Fire anis, which create much less lag because they don't include particles, to do so go to the options wrench > display & effects tab > check off the last option of 'Fire Display'. The barrels are strategically placed to make it harder to defend or lame one position, and also harder to invade an area that is being defended, you have to actually think (WHOA!!) when you're pking now and use them tactically to your advantage.

The problems I see are a few of the lights that could be centered, and the V's in the carpet are right next to each other, move one of those to the heal room rug. Also the 15 second damage links need to be added to the two exits, this would make the problem of 'doors at every exit' pretty obsolete anyway, so just do this fix for all the bases. Mostly aesthetics though.

What he said ^.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:48 am

Made it able so you can move certain objects around the base this could add more strategy and makes it a little cooler.
And no its not a copy/past from the old outbreak/glitchy script theses ones actually work
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:41 am

Yeah, definitely have to get those AG exit scripts in. I'll try and get that done tonight.

I also tried to use crates to block off constant running to the heal room and running around the spar. I'm thinking about adding a door/gate where the stairs go into the spar. Thoughts? Or is that just cluttering things too much?
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 2:28 am

bennyburrito wrote:
Yeah, definitely have to get those AG exit scripts in. I'll try and get that done tonight.

I also tried to use crates to block off constant running to the heal room and running around the spar. I'm thinking about adding a door/gate where the stairs go into the spar. Thoughts? Or is that just cluttering things too much?

Like right here?
New Base Comments/Suggestions IbmcypMW5t9UmW

If so, I would say no. Its meant to be another way to get to the top right? That would make it take more time to get to someone running with the ele.

15 second link was added yesterday.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:26 am

I would actually have to say yes to the door/gate to the spar room. Not one that you have to break down, but just a door you have to press A on to open.
It would make the spar a nice rectangle without any breaks in it.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 6:17 am

It was intended to have a door so the Spar Arena was flush, a simple double-door with A grab would be sufficient, and make running away a little bit harder.
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 8:03 am

Yes. I agree with all 3 of you. We'll try adding a grab-door later and see how it works out.
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 9:47 am

Adding a door where DT is standing would do more harm than good.
That significantly the slows the pace at which one can get to the second floor in comparison to the lift.

The prominent place for an obstacle or a door is, meh... hard to describe. I'll show you later.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:28 am

Throw a box or pillar in the middle of the stairwell so you can't just hold the Right button, and actually have to menouver around it.

And it prevents from laming the staircase by running in and out of the links.

?
Back to top Go down
Suicide

Suicide

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Great gang base to me a few little errors i reckon nothing that will harm anyone or do anything but overall it's a good gang base
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:40 pm

SpongeBob RoundPants wrote:
Throw a box or pillar in the middle of the stairwell so you can't just hold the Right button, and actually have to menouver around it.

And it prevents from laming the staircase by running in and out of the links.

?

I liked the fact that you could just hold right.
It made the stairs less annoying than the elevator.
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Verdict: I put a 25hp door where BM is standing. I want to see how that goes.

ALSO:

BH (the smallest gang base) and GF (the largest gang base) are now up. check them out, tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:27 am

bennyburrito wrote:
Verdict: I put a 25hp door where BM is standing. I want to see how that goes.

ALSO:

BH (the smallest gang base) and GF (the largest gang base) are now up. check them out, tell me what you think.

Vortex is actually the smallest (inside).
Blazian Bandits is the largest (inside).
GF and Black Holst are about even (medium sized).
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:33 am

In regards to the BH base:

Getting stuck in a door that doesn't break from melee damage sucks ass.

Also, weren't the rooves supposed to be inaccessible through means besides helicopters?

Just a side note, but is anyone else infuriated by elevator buttons that jut out of the wall? So hard to press.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:39 am

fiberwire wrote:
In regards to the BH base:

Getting stuck in a door that doesn't break from melee damage sucks ass.

Also, weren't the rooves supposed to be inaccessible through means besides helicopters?

Just a side note, but is anyone else infuriated by elevator buttons that jut out of the wall? So hard to press.

Agreed. That wall has too much HP to begin with anywayz
Back to top Go down
bennyburrito
Committed Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:13 pm

Rams requested the wall have a shitload of HP. I can change it if it's a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:18 pm

bennyburrito wrote:
Rams requested the wall have a shitload of HP. I can change it if it's a big deal.

It's fucking annoying.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:24 pm

My main problem is that all of the doors in the new bases take almost no melee damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Base Comments/Suggestions   New Base Comments/Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

New Base Comments/Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next