Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

era levels

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

era levels Empty
PostSubject: era levels   era levels EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:39 am

suck.

what happened to creativity? why are so many levels gray scale themed with bright neon lights scattered everywhere?
and floor patterns. oh god the floor patterns. spastic carpeting is the worst.
and I hate how every. single. sidewalk. has the grass spilling out onto the pavement. it's good for detailing certain areas but when it's the same everywhere it just looks bad. as if blankets of grass were laid out over the sidewalks.

just spittin some opinions yo
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

era levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: era levels   era levels EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:58 am

I hate the greyscale levels with neon shit. I blame Zach for starting a popular trend. I kind of assume people think it looks 'modern' or 'futuristic'.
That being said, if it's what the people want, then..meh
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

era levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: era levels   era levels EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:04 am

Fucking terrible i know. I remember looking at Ammo Mart and throwing up.

I remember asking someone to fix Era Hotel up and Tim's sister rachel redid it and turned it into a freaken night club, black with neon lights everywhere.

Ridiculous
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

era levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: era levels   era levels EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:09 am

Frankie wrote:
suck.

what happened to creativity? why are so many levels gray scale themed with bright neon lights scattered everywhere?
and I hate how every. single. sidewalk. has the grass spilling out onto the pavement. it's good for detailing certain areas but when it's the same everywhere it just looks bad. as if blankets of grass were laid out over the sidewalks.

Seems like I'm to blame for a lot of your complaints. I was the one that did the the side walks all with grass, just made sense at the time. As for the black/gray themed levels, I do agree it's overused, I remember when I first started using them, but I always including color flooring/wood flooring to balance out and add something to the level so it was so dull. I did have a couple levels completely dark, maybe someone liked it and went overboard with it (Obviously).

In short: Maybe if we had better gardeners that actually trimmed along the side walks, we wouldn't have these issues!
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

era levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: era levels   era levels EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:12 am

Jess wrote:

I remember asking someone to fix Era Hotel up and Tim's sister rachel redid it and turned it into a freaken night club, black with neon lights everywhere.

Ridiculous

My original hotel level was the best, it was a wooden house theme.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

era levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: era levels   era levels EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:20 am

Tim_Rocks wrote:
Frankie wrote:
suck.

Seems like I'm to blame for a lot of your complaints. I was the one that did the the side walks all with grass, just made sense at the time. As for the black/gray themed levels, I do agree it's overused, I remember when I first started using them, but I always including color flooring/wood flooring to balance out and add something to the level so it was so dull. I did have a couple levels completely dark, maybe someone liked it and went overboard with it (Obviously).

In short: Maybe if we had better gardeners that actually trimmed along the side walks, we wouldn't have these issues!
wasn't mesh the one who made the new tiles then went through the whole over world and changed everything?
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

era levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: era levels   era levels EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:24 am

Yeah Mesh is a horrible LAT and thinks he's the tits.
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

era levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: era levels   era levels EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:33 am

Booger wrote:
Yeah Mesh is a horrible LAT and thinks he's the tits.

Objectively, he's very decent. He just has...no grasp on what everyone thinks is Era's Style
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

era levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: era levels   era levels EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:27 am

Frankie wrote:
wasn't mesh the one who made the new tiles then went through the whole over world and changed everything?

I suppose so, I was just thinking since a lot of my levels are on Era and some are using a dark theme (gray tiles/black floors) and my levels are somewhat a standard on what Era levels should look like. At least in my opinion, I've never had too many complaints on my levels.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

era levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: era levels   era levels EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:37 am

Tim_Rocks wrote:
Frankie wrote:

I suppose so, I was just thinking since a lot of my levels are on Era and some are using a dark theme (gray tiles/black floors) and my levels are somewhat a standard on what Era levels should look like. At least in my opinion, I've never had too many complaints on my levels.

I like Timmy's levels, hate Mesh's. They all look the same.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

era levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: era levels   era levels EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 2:12 pm

it's too bad era doesn't have the resources to do a complete overhaul of the gmap. it's fucking ugly. press m and all you see is a giant clusterfuck of roads. it would be cool if it was laid out like an actual city, with a grid.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

era levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: era levels   era levels EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 2:36 pm

Jess wrote:

Ridiculous

Wow, I haven't been in Ammo Mart recently, but there's very few pictures or things that'll make me throw up...

SDF4K5345345234KTGEKFGDKFG

JUST GOT BACK FROM AMMO MART CLEANING KEYBOARD BRB
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

era levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: era levels   era levels EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 3:12 pm

The problem I'm seeing here, is that players (when they own something) feel like they can change something however they want it to look (sometimes ugly) and claim it as the greatest thing ever. When in reality, it's awful, just awful. I loved having those arguments with players who would pay me to upload a level and I'd just go, "No, these are fucking awful." And then I have to sit there and read about how they're paying me to upload and they can upload anything they want cause their paying for it and I'm all like "Fuck no, I'm not uploading shit until you can turn the level into some eye candy."

Sorry, I rant.
Back to top Go down
Scoper
Committed Forum Member
Scoper

era levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: era levels   era levels EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:29 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:
The problem I'm seeing here, is that players (when they own something) feel like they can change something however they want it to look (sometimes ugly) and claim it as the greatest thing ever. When in reality, it's awful, just awful. I loved having those arguments with players who would pay me to upload a level and I'd just go, "No, these are fucking awful." And then I have to sit there and read about how they're paying me to upload and they can upload anything they want cause their paying for it and I'm all like "Fuck no, I'm not uploading shit until you can turn the level into some eye candy."

Sorry, I rant.

This is why I usually just say 'no, you are not qualified to LAT dis'
I am not fantastic, by any means. But god dammit these era kids are baaaad
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

era levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: era levels   era levels EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 6:10 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:
I loved having those arguments with players who would pay me to upload a level and I'd just go, "No, these are fucking awful." And then I have to sit there and read about how they're paying me to upload and they can upload anything they want cause their paying for it and I'm all like "Fuck no, I'm not uploading shit until you can turn the level into some eye candy."

You fucking bastard.
Just cause I didn't want your giant ass christmas tree in my living room.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

era levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: era levels   era levels EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 10:17 am

Rogue wrote:
Tim_Rocks wrote:
I loved having those arguments with players who would pay me to upload a level and I'd just go, "No, these are fucking awful." And then I have to sit there and read about how they're paying me to upload and they can upload anything they want cause their paying for it and I'm all like "Fuck no, I'm not uploading shit until you can turn the level into some eye candy."

You fucking bastard.

You sound like there's a tree up your ass? Are you okay Rogue?
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

era levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: era levels   era levels EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Tim_Rocks wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Tim_Rocks wrote:

You fucking bastard.

You sound like there's a tree up your ass? Are you okay Rogue?

affraid
Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Sponsored content

era levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: era levels   era levels Empty

Back to top Go down

era levels

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1