Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

old hotkey glitch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

old hotkey glitch Empty
PostSubject: old hotkey glitch   old hotkey glitch EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 1:18 am

As some of you know, semi-auto guns do not shoot at their max speed no matter at what rate you're clicking D. There used to be a hotkey glitch where if you hotkeyed your semi-auto gun you could press the button hotkeyed to your gun (Z or X or C) instead of D and the gun would shoot at it's maximum fire rate (still semi-auto). Pressing C instead of D takes quite a bit to get used to and it doesnt work anymore, isn't it the case the make tapping D with semi-auto guns as effective as it should be? for example Luger is .2 speed and it barely shoots faster than BAR which is .3 speed, the p2ks will always be slightly slower than the mp5 navy, etc (i'd say that you lose approximately .02-.03 fire rate, which can make the difference in certain circumstances)
if you didn't know this don't say "OMG WTF U TALKING BOUT", go try it out on any semi-auto gun and compare it's fire rate to any other gun with an equal rate of fire. Rate of fire on semi-auto guns is also affected by freeze time (i'm not sure but i think that this problem was also solved by the hotkey "glitch"). For example, s6 and luger both have .2 fire rate and are semi-auto, yet s6 can shoot faster than luger since it's freeze is .1 compared to .15

I have no idea how to fix this..all i know is that it would auto-fix if you used your hotkey button to shoot instead of D.
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

old hotkey glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: old hotkey glitch   old hotkey glitch EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 3:29 pm

bloodykiller wrote:
As some of you know, semi-auto guns do not shoot at their max speed no matter at what rate you're clicking D. There used to be a hotkey glitch where if you hotkeyed your semi-auto gun you could press the button hotkeyed to your gun (Z or X or C) instead of D and the gun would shoot at it's maximum fire rate (still semi-auto). Pressing C instead of D takes quite a bit to get used to and it doesnt work anymore, isn't it the case the make tapping D with semi-auto guns as effective as it should be? for example Luger is .2 speed and it barely shoots faster than BAR which is .3 speed, the p2ks will always be slightly slower than the mp5 navy, etc (i'd say that you lose approximately .02-.03 fire rate, which can make the difference in certain circumstances)
if you didn't know this don't say "OMG WTF U TALKING BOUT", go try it out on any semi-auto gun and compare it's fire rate to any other gun with an equal rate of fire. Rate of fire on semi-auto guns is also affected by freeze time (i'm not sure but i think that this problem was also solved by the hotkey "glitch"). For example, s6 and luger both have .2 fire rate and are semi-auto, yet s6 can shoot faster than luger since it's freeze is .1 compared to .15

I have no idea how to fix this..all i know is that it would auto-fix if you used your hotkey button to shoot instead of D.

Uh, no.
Not just knocking you down, but the reason why this shouldn't be done is that the gun stats were set with this in mind. That the guns would reach a specific limit regardless of how many times d is tapped and remain there. Therefore, any effects this cause... are intended and should remain as such. Sorry to break it to ya, your glitch isn't a glitch... its intentional.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

old hotkey glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: old hotkey glitch   old hotkey glitch EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Just to clarify, since Wil kinda full circle and mixed it up.

It was in fact just as you said... a 'glitch'. It wasn't intended, and allowed you to fire your weapons faster than they should be. It was fixed, purposefully. It shouldn't be re-added in pure form to the actual weapon stats. That's just a crazy thought.

A similar glitch can be experienced when on the Ice terrain such as that in Tim's event and on the snow island that allows you to fire your semi-autos at full speed without the limit of registration from tapping D. (If you want to test it)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

old hotkey glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: old hotkey glitch   old hotkey glitch EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:08 am

lol u didnt read post spongebob, the "glitch" wouldn't let semi-auto shoot faster than their actual speed but at their ACTUAL speed. so it really wasn't a glitch, it was basically fixing a bug which regards semi-auto guns and is (somehow) corellated with freeze
your guns rnt balanced very well in prices willy..Tim keeps saying how gun's prices r fked up
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

old hotkey glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: old hotkey glitch   old hotkey glitch EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 8:23 am

bloodykiller wrote:
lol u didnt read post spongebob, the "glitch" wouldn't let semi-auto shoot faster than their actual speed but at their ACTUAL speed. so it really wasn't a glitch, it was basically fixing a bug which regards semi-auto guns and is (somehow) corellated with freeze
your guns rnt balanced very well in prices willy..Tim keeps saying how gun's prices r fked up

You didn't read my response very well, twit.
I stated that this limitation on Semi-Auto Weapons is not a "glitch" but was intentional. Their stats were set with it in mind, therefore... your glitch isn't a glitch; so stop bitchin'.

Nextly, we established the issue with prices awhile ago in another thread which you commented on (learn2read). I did not set the prices, just the weapon statistics. However, I did advise price adjustments; an advice that was ignored.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

old hotkey glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: old hotkey glitch   old hotkey glitch EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:03 am

Zeross wrote:
bloodykiller wrote:

I stated that this limitation on Semi-Auto Weapons is not a "glitch" but was intentional. Their stats were set with it in mind, therefore... your glitch isn't a glitch; so stop bitchin'.

Nextly, we established the issue with prices awhile ago in another thread which you commented on (learn2read). I did not set the prices, just the weapon statistics. However, I did advise price adjustments; an advice that was ignored.

Damn, Wil. Take the hint. You were wrong XD
The hotkey glitch was a glitch, otherwise it wouldn't have been fixed.
The rate of fire "glitch" wasn't a glitch, but no one said it was, either.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

old hotkey glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: old hotkey glitch   old hotkey glitch EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:55 am

Uhm, glitches are something that's not intended to happen. And the rate of fire with pushing the hotkeys wasn't intended at all which is why it was fixed.
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

old hotkey glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: old hotkey glitch   old hotkey glitch EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 2:55 pm

fiberwire wrote:
Zeross wrote:
bloodykiller wrote:

Damn, Wil. Take the hint. You were wrong XD
The hotkey glitch was a glitch, otherwise it wouldn't have been fixed.
The rate of fire "glitch" wasn't a glitch, but no one said it was, either.

Damn, twit. Read carefully.
There are always two claims made. Mathematically, you can mark them as the "Null" and the "Alternative".
Tk made these two claims through his initial,
1. That the effects of the hotkey glitch were actually "fixing" an internal glitch with semi-automatic weapons.
If this is his claim, the alternative (2) is that, excess of the glitch expressed in claim one, there is, naturally, a glitch with semi-automatic weapons.

I responded to the source claim, which in this case, was the alternative. That the "natural" glitch with semi-automatic weapons that he claims, is false. That malfunction has been strategically altered to actually play a functional role, and therefore, it cannot be characterized as a glitch.

You keep doing this, quit it. Read carefully, man.

Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

old hotkey glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: old hotkey glitch   old hotkey glitch EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:33 am

i'm not debating gun stats with you wil cuz you made all the stats so you obviously like them and are biased lol
i was pointing it out so that if it gets fixed, the fire rate shown in npc server stats actually represents it's real fire rate so you can compare it to automatic guns..for example luger is .2 speed and bar is .3 speed but luger duznt shoot faster lol (if it does it's negligible, not by .1). and luger costs more and has half the clip
Back to top Go down
Zeross
Dedicated Forum Member

old hotkey glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: old hotkey glitch   old hotkey glitch EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:47 pm

bloodykiller wrote:
i'm not debating gun stats with you wil cuz you made all the stats so you obviously like them and are biased lol
i was pointing it out so that if it gets fixed, the fire rate shown in npc server stats actually represents it's real fire rate so you can compare it to automatic guns..for example luger is .2 speed and bar is .3 speed but luger duznt shoot faster lol (if it does it's negligible, not by .1). and luger costs more and has half the clip

First off, I just clarified this. Their inability to function at full capacity was a factor for setting their stats. It was never intended that they shoot at full speed, therefore... if this addition was added, their sleeptime would increase so they can be as they were intended. In this scenario, why not just leave things as-is? Nothing to gain. Twit.

Also, please understand this, twit.
"You made stats so I can't argue with you about them" does not add any substance to your point.
If your argument is bulletproof, the bias of your opponent does not matter.

Only person's bias that matters is your judge, who in this case, is Tim. He hears all sides of the topic, sadly, this includes yours. So my bias is irrelevant, I'm not the deciding entity.

i.e. Insurance company lawyers argue on behalf of insurance companies because they're paid by them (bias).
That's irrelevant because the government makes the decision and its only their bias that matters; twit.

Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

old hotkey glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: old hotkey glitch   old hotkey glitch EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 5:20 am

Zeross wrote:
bloodykiller wrote:

First off, I just clarified this. Their inability to function at full capacity was a factor for setting their stats. It was never intended that they shoot at full speed, therefore... if this addition was added, their sleeptime would increase so they can be as they were intended. In this scenario, why not just leave things as-is? Nothing to gain. Twit.

Also, please understand this, twit.
"You made stats so I can't argue with you about them" does not add any substance to your point.
If your argument is bulletproof, the bias of your opponent does not matter.

Only person's bias that matters is your judge, who in this case, is Tim. He hears all sides of the topic, sadly, this includes yours. So my bias is irrelevant, I'm not the deciding entity.

i.e. Insurance company lawyers argue on behalf of insurance companies because they're paid by them (bias).
That's irrelevant because the government makes the decision and its only their bias that matters; twit.

fix plz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

old hotkey glitch Empty
PostSubject: Re: old hotkey glitch   old hotkey glitch Empty

Back to top Go down

old hotkey glitch

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1