Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team based events

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Team based events   Team based events EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:58 am

I feel like team based events are pointless because we don't allow a whole winning team to be rewarded with an EC. Instead, multiple rounds are played until there are only a few players left, and then it turns into an LMS for 1 winner. This takes way too long, so ETs will rarely host events like this and nobody is going to want to participate.

Era has a lot of team based events that have been abandoned. If we allowed an entire team to be rewarded, there would be a higher demand for these events that have been long forgotten about. They will also be hosted a lot faster, which will make hosting a lot smoother and increase event participation.

Thoughts?

edit: completely forgot there was an event sub-forum. please move this topic or disregard the fact.
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Agreed1
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:35 pm

I personally dislike the dynamic of how team events work cause it is ultimately decided more so by the initial ':select teams' than anything else. Of all the PK events, very few give reward based solely on a singular players individual achievement, most slim it down based on a teams overall performance. Pretty much the only individual PK event is Spar... which honestly takes way too long and not many people want to sit there through it.

I also dislike that an event is set, say CTF... so you'd think the winner would be the guy who wins/has the best performance in CTF, instead at 5 or less players it turns into LMS which is a totally different event and it makes no sense to reward a player for winning LMS when the actual event called for was CTF. Might as well just host LMS all the damn time.

I don't even really care tbh, I don't need ec or rc or play many events anymore, this is just my thoughts on the subject.

Also there are WAYYY TO MANY RACES MAN.... how many times can you reward the same 3 players for having the best fps/memorization of the routes. Really, I'd like it if we could get some chart magic (chris) to see what percentage of EC is rewarded for races... since everyone has the same speed I don't even know why they are included in a server where PK is king. Thus the majority of rewards should be for PKing.... yet the only 'killing' event ever (wayyyy over) hosted anymore is ULMS.

*rant
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Rogue wrote:
I personally dislike the dynamic of how team events work cause it is ultimately decided more so by the initial ':select teams' than anything else.
any team based game you play the team with better players will win. it's not just how it works on era.

Quote :
I also dislike that an event is set, say CTF... so you'd think the winner would be the guy who wins/has the best performance in CTF, instead at 5 or less players it turns into LMS which is a totally different event and it makes no sense to reward a player for winning LMS when the actual event called for was CTF. Might as well just host LMS all the damn time.
how would you measure individual performance? kills? valuable players to a team are not always the players doing the most killing.
Back to top Go down
Ocelot

Ocelot

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:48 pm

rogue whats on the back of your phone
Back to top Go down
Koho Soul
Site Administrator
Koho Soul

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm with you on this one. I agree, i don't need to explain why you've already done that. I'm sure they can come up with something. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://graalera.omgforum.net
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Ocelot wrote:
rogue whats on the back of your phone

That's an iPod (notice the wire coming out :3), its a clock with a skeletal angel in it.
My phone case is lame, should get a new one but they don't make many for my shitty T-Mobile phone.
Back to top Go down
Starkmalark

Starkmalark

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:53 am

I do find it quite annoying when I play CTF, mow down over half of the opposing team, then at then end some asshole who didn't even kill one person wins the LMS, it does pretty much make CTF pointless.

I agree, the winning team should get the EC, would make it 100% better, more ideas like this please.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:46 am

How about if the winning team gets 2 ECs each and the losing team gets 1 EC each?
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:02 am

Eww god no. I hate those "participation trophies" losers shouldn't get anything.
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:28 am

What about when you get stuck on a team with all noobs and you do well individually, but not well enough to compete with a pro team?
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:42 am

fiberwire wrote:
What about when you get stuck on a team with all noobs and you do well individually, but not well enough to compete with a pro team?

Sales event system plz.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:46 am

fiberwire wrote:
tough titties.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:04 pm

I prefer sugar titties.
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Calm your ( . Y . )!!
Back to top Go down
Andre2006

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:21 pm

Give the winning team a point and 2 or 3 points equals a coin.
Back to top Go down
Chris

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:03 am

The original goal with remaking some events was to migrate to a points-based system similar to the one drafted up by MontyPython. The idea is that you get points for completing tasks (participating) in an event rather than just for winning.

The events system I made on Dev a long time ago did this pretty nicely, the main problem was changing all the events to take advantage of it (e.g. kills in PK tag, capturing the flag in CTF, ...).
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 12:52 pm

I'll convert all the events for you if it means I actually get something for killing 8 people in CTF then getting team-killed by barrels....

Seriously.
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 1:09 pm

ROFL yeah team kills on barrels, funny.
Back to top Go down
Frankie
Experienced Forum Member
Frankie

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:20 am

with cooperation from all of the ETs, they should now award a whole winning team an EC with the new command :awardguild for team events.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:05 am

Frankie wrote:
with cooperation from all of the ETs, they should now award a whole winning team an EC with the new command :awardguild for team events.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Team based events Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team based events   Team based events Empty

Back to top Go down

Team based events

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1