Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seriously, Sewers.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:10 am

I've noticed new manholes in a few places on the GMAP. They don't go anywhere, of course, but are they going to link to the sewers soon? It really makes no sense that they were removed. If anything, the sewers should have been expanded and linked to new places (business basements, for example, or a steam tunnel that connects to the hotel. How about an underground morgue under the hospital, with a hallway leading into the sewers?).

Is it because the new GMAP broke the sewer entrances, and they don't match any more? Shit, give me permissions and I'll fix them myself. The sewers must exist again.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:31 am

Absolutely not, sewers are utterly pointless. The only thing they were good for was a quest and houses. We don't use the quest anymore and the sewer houses have already been linked.

In short: No.
Back to top Go down
Ocelot

Ocelot

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:09 am

or maybe sewer houses and sewer restaurants and sewer churches
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:40 am

Or add back all Wasser's sewer levels so we can use the spawners in the coke machines Very Happy?
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:42 am

Pointless? Isn't that mansion island at the very bottom of the map pointless? Or how about that weird new dock thing? Or, more than anything else, the snow island? There are so many "pointless" structures in Era, but you can't simply delete something because you have no direct use for it - when it's part of the game world like that, players use it all the time.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:51 am

Sewer uses:
1. Gang base entrances
2. Duping
3. Running
4. Random hidden shops
5. A few routes were faster through sewers than on land (prostatus to know)
6. Making RP movies with Alfonso
7. They were cool, sewers mang.

I support rendeer
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Jess
Committed Forum Member

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:53 am

Almost all Sewer levels need to be redone actually.

Wasser while he was incharge for awhile put so many spawners and shit in the sewers it was crazy.

I know exactly where 2 of the spawners are myself. I'm quite sure some of the older playerbase know where the others are aswell.

Staff would have to redo all the levels for really nothing.

The playerbase never used the sewers. Back in the day they where used for raids and tactical crap. Or newbies used it to get around the gmap safely.

Theres no point in them now.
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:53 am

Rogue wrote:
Sewer uses:
1. Gang base entrances
2. Duping
3. Running
4. Random hidden shops
5. A few routes were faster through sewers than on land (prostatus to know)
6. Making RP movies with Alfonso
7. They were cool, sewers mang.

I support rendeer

Exactly. And they were great for PK'ing - a long, drawn out sewer fight is so much fun, what with all the running and gunning and ducking for cover.

Also, they totally have a use for noobs - I remember when I totally sucked, close to a decade ago, I would use the sewers to quietly pass from one end of the city to the other, because it was too dangerous topside. More experienced players can use them as shortcuts.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Rocks
Dedicated Forum Member
Tim_Rocks

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:38 am

Yeah, I didn't read a single post here, I'm not wasting my time restoring sewers. If someone else wants to, then by all means, make sewers. I have no interest though. Good luck!

Last edited by Tim_Rocks on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:45 am

Tim_Rocks wrote:
I have no interest though.

And that's why we all love you.
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:09 am

Jess,all spawners have been found thanks to the level scanner that was implemented a while back. I know it might be hard to understand since you dont script, but there is no "spawners" on era anymore.
Back to top Go down
The_Federov
Dedicated Forum Member
The_Federov

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:21 pm

I love it, staff make something useless, claims it's role playing, and that we need to learn how to role play. We give ideas on things that were once implimented, and you guys just say they're useless...
Back to top Go down
Jess
Committed Forum Member

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:15 pm

BlueMelon wrote:
Jess,all spawners have been found thanks to the level scanner that was implemented a while back. I know it might be hard to understand since you dont script, but there is no "spawners" on era anymore.

Ah well all is well then. I had no idea that all the previous sewer levels had been scanned Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:22 pm

It would be quite neat if the sewers were done properly--I always liked them. Would be fun if they were essentially a clone of the GMAP for positions, and tied into the mines and maybe even the subway stations. PKing and events could take place there as well.

I can't really see the effort needed to do this being available right now. We're always open to help, though, especially for projects like this that are "nice-to-haves". Rogue, if you're still interested, we can probably work out a way for you to work on the sewers. It's not exactly complicated leveling, and I think the result could be a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
I am me
Dedicated Forum Member
I am me

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:33 pm

I thought you were quitting Chris what's with all this "we" talk?
Back to top Go down
BlueMelon
Dedicated Forum Member
BlueMelon

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:09 pm

I am me wrote:
I thought you were quitting Chris what's with all this "we" talk?

Shhh lets not bring that up!
Back to top Go down
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Chris wrote:
It would be quite neat if the sewers were done properly--I always liked them. Would be fun if they were essentially a clone of the GMAP for positions, and tied into the mines and maybe even the subway stations. PKing and events could take place there as well.

I can't really see the effort needed to do this being available right now. We're always open to help, though, especially for projects like this that are "nice-to-haves". Rogue, if you're still interested, we can probably work out a way for you to work on the sewers. It's not exactly complicated leveling, and I think the result could be a lot of fun.

Do this.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:16 pm

I'd do it... but:

A. I need Gelats
B. I'm really lazy, like seriously no motivation
C. I want to get level 30 on LoL in these 2 weeks since I have no work and I'm banned from Battle.net... so the schedule is pretty packed.

We'll see ehh... Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Tom133t
Experienced Forum Member

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:48 pm

If you do it, I'll send you more women and Mountain Dew than you can possibly fathom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seriously, Sewers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Sewers.   Seriously, Sewers. Empty

Back to top Go down

Seriously, Sewers.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1