Era Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lag Limit in Spars

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cyclone

Lag Limit in Spars Empty
PostSubject: Lag Limit in Spars   Lag Limit in Spars EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 9:23 am

So, as you all know, in ranked spar you have to be under 250 ping to start the spar, but it doesn't matter what your ping is after you say start, so most people who have horrible lag (Danny4Life, Abdul, Anglag, TK etc.), wait for their ping to hit below 250 then say start and jump back up to like 1k.

The ping limit should apply for the entire spar, if your ping were to go over 250 during the spar, then either you lose the spar automatically, or your bullets don't do damage until it goes beneath 250 again. I believe Salesman used a script like this in gang bases for a bit, were if your ping was over 250 your bullets didn't do damage (i think it was to piss off godzilla lol).
I don't see why it shouldn't apply for the entire spar regardless

Last edited by Cyclone on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nashin

Nashin

Lag Limit in Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag Limit in Spars   Lag Limit in Spars EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:48 am

i like this idea. and people with lag over the limit can still use small spar so they cant complain that they cant spar Wink
Back to top Go down
fiberwire
Dedicated Forum Member

Lag Limit in Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag Limit in Spars   Lag Limit in Spars EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:08 am

That would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Lag Limit in Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag Limit in Spars   Lag Limit in Spars EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 11:25 am

Even though my lag is consistently jenkum now, i agree.
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Lag Limit in Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag Limit in Spars   Lag Limit in Spars EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:50 am

yeah let's not let europeans spar in ranked. stop crying and improve cyclone, every1 has a shitload of jitter with these shitty-ass servers, it's just as ridiculous that americans have over 100ping
plus lagging doesn't mean warping..an american with 150ping will usually warp like hell
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Lag Limit in Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag Limit in Spars   Lag Limit in Spars EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 8:20 am

True, it's not always true that lagging means you warp. KoHo is smooth as hell, he doesn't warp, but still: it correlates that people with high ms eat bullets more often and warp more often. it's just how it is
Back to top Go down
Andre2006

Lag Limit in Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag Limit in Spars   Lag Limit in Spars EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:05 am

Eating bullets! That's funny ;S
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Lag Limit in Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag Limit in Spars   Lag Limit in Spars EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 4:42 am

Booger Scelus wrote:
True, it's not always true that lagging means you warp. KoHo is smooth as hell, he doesn't warp, but still: it correlates that people with high ms eat bullets more often and warp more often. it's just how it is

you eat more often yeah obviously but there's nothing u can do about it and on both screens players eat bullets. high ping has nothing to do with warping though since ping is the measure of distance from the server..warping is correlated with jitter: for example, cyclone (yeah the noob that always complains about high ping lmao) has 100-150 ping but warps like hell.
this is why lag limit is useless..era was much better without the things telling u how much people lag since people who warped would get kicked from events (now u won't get kicked if ur warping like hell and ur ping is under 360 in most cases)
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Dedicated Forum Member
Rogue

Lag Limit in Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag Limit in Spars   Lag Limit in Spars EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 4:47 am

Actually liked TK's post.
Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/A.Stritts
Ocelot

Ocelot

Lag Limit in Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag Limit in Spars   Lag Limit in Spars EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 5:13 am

bloodykiller wrote:
era was much better without the things telling u how much people lag
completely true, that's part of the game's finesse factor
if you can't deal with a lagger, s'pretty much on you
Back to top Go down
Logababy

Lag Limit in Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag Limit in Spars   Lag Limit in Spars EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:05 am

Dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla
Committed Forum Member
Godzilla

Lag Limit in Spars Empty
PostSubject: Pathetic   Lag Limit in Spars EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 9:53 am

This is the most pathetic thing I've ever read, you act asif lag is a big advantage but it really isn't, if anything, it's a disadvantage, we shoot ahead of you and play ahead of you 24/7, we need to predict your next move due to delay, we have learnt to play like that, I can assure you, we would be a LOT better without lag
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Lag Limit in Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag Limit in Spars   Lag Limit in Spars EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 10:07 am

Godzilla wrote:
This is the most pathetic thing I've ever read, you act asif lag is a big advantage but it really isn't, if anything, it's a disadvantage, we shoot ahead of you and play ahead of you 24/7, we need to predict your next move due to delay, we have learnt to play like that, I can assure you, we would be a LOT better without lag

lag is a disadvantage to both sides honestly. I hate playing against lag and with lag. I just wish we had better servers Sad
Back to top Go down
Booger
Dedicated Forum Member
Booger

Lag Limit in Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag Limit in Spars   Lag Limit in Spars EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 8:31 am

Oh I just remembered.
I've seen lag actually be a huge advantage. With players like Reddy and other huge laggers, they can die and keep on shooting or running around on their screen. I'm sure it's some sort of bug but it's incredibly unfair.
Back to top Go down
bloodykiller
Dedicated Forum Member

Lag Limit in Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag Limit in Spars   Lag Limit in Spars EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:56 am

that's an extreme lag case lol, it means that you lost your connection totally for 5-15 seconds. it only occurs in the ranked spar since when you die you're not sent to another level, as opposed to the other spars
Back to top Go down
WerewolfDiaz

WerewolfDiaz

Lag Limit in Spars Empty
PostSubject: lol   Lag Limit in Spars EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 3:29 am

Good Fight eras global players,

People play this game outside of America you know,

Takes the cake that you just thought for yourself and lag doesn't do shit if you have a brain you can easily take on a lagger

Seems someone is just butthurt they can't fucking pk people who don't live right next to the server.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpgh.net/forum/members/1449539-karmakills.html
Sponsored content

Lag Limit in Spars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lag Limit in Spars   Lag Limit in Spars Empty

Back to top Go down

Lag Limit in Spars

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Era Forum  :: Era Discussion :: Era Community Discussion-